Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Clyde tweeted this

https://twitter.com/Clydro_22/status/1775254508085387768

you might think he's going for a threepeat but I think this is an affirmational goal of yards per carry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doesn't really feel like the Chiefs have many needs.

OT, CB, WR and RB

And really you could make a case to not go OT or WR. Andy likely won't start a rookie at LT and Donovan Smith is still just sitting out there. OT in the first would be more of a picking for tomorrow sort of thing.

At WR, Rice probably won't face any discipline until 2025 and they just signed Brown. If you're some weirdo eternal optimist, you might believe either Moore or Toney will somehow not suck? (I'm still taking a WR early)

They definitely need a corner but they have been jedi's at finding them in the mid to late rounds.

Anything before late Saturday would be too early to take a complimentary back when Patrick is your QB.

Finding someone to eventually replace Kelce would be cool but this class is kinda poopy at TE.

At this point I think I'm all for landing a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds and going strictly BPA after that.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I'd like to find a second long term starter at DT as well to replace Nnadi as starter and O-Line depth is required with Allegretti gone (and Thuney/Smith not guaranteed to be here from 2025 onwards) but yeah I'd be happy to go BPA through the rounds.

I think the order the Chiefs would love the first 3 rounds to go would probably be

OT, WR, DT or IOL

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Depends on what OT is there. I wouldn’t want a project guy or a guy who projects as guard. Sign Smith, see how Morris works out and find the BPA of WR, DL, or maybe CB in the first.

Would love to see them grab Beebe in the third if they can.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This seems like a pretty crappy draft for IDL (that fit the Chiefs profile) but I could see them going for the big Texas dude if he makes it to the end of round 3.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Chiefs need stay away from project picks and go for that threepeat. Trade your 2025 first for a second this year or 2nd for a 3rd imo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Calidus posted:

Chiefs need stay away from project picks and go for that threepeat. Trade your 2025 first for a second this year or 2nd for a 3rd imo.

They've proven they can win it with jack poo poo at WR and RB. Should just pick up the most gadgety gadget players they can find and run dumb trick plays every down.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

They've proven they can win it with jack poo poo at WR and RB. Should just pick up the most gadgety gadget players they can find and run dumb trick plays every down.

Their hb is really good???

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Calidus posted:

Ya normally I'd say no but a threepeat is so rare gently caress, I'd be down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trade up to the 20s for a WR or I'm flying a banner at the first home game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think Rice probably will be suspended a few games this season, right? It looks bad, going 120 with 10 grams of weed and injuring people. I am not anti-weed, just saying the NFL probably wont let this slide.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

I think Rice probably will be suspended a few games this season, right? It looks bad, going 120 with 10 grams of weed and injuring people. I am not anti-weed, just saying the NFL probably wont let this slide.

Are you anti going 120 mph and injuring people?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm not confident that case will go through the legal system quickly unless the PA cuts an awfully generous deal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

i'm actually for that part

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was just reading that the suspension might be next year

anyway he's down in Texas working out with Mahomes now

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

haha no,but i figured some idiot would jump in and yell at me sayings its JUST WEED

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

New orange and blue chargers uniforms just dropped.

https://x.com/broncos/status/1782425005852160119

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 22, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

waffle enthusiast posted:

New orange and blue chargers uniforms just dropped.

https://x.com/broncos/status/1782425005852160119

Why do they have lightning bolts lmao

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Denver Broncos: loving up uniforms since 1997!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Why do they have lightning bolts lmao

They're predominantly mountains.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

solarjetman posted:

do they turn blue when it's cold out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

do they turn blue when it's cold out

I can tell how cold it is based on #49

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

No Butt Stuff posted:

i'm actually for that part

none of the people injured play for the Chiefs so what do I care

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

solarjetman posted:

But they look like lightning bolts. It's what I thought of immediately too. It's not hard to make something look like mountains, and it would be cool if they did that. What they did is just dumb. The rest of the designs are good though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ChocolatePancake posted:

But they look like lightning bolts. It's what I thought of immediately too. It's not hard to make something look like mountains, and it would be cool if they did that. What they did is just dumb. The rest of the designs are good though.

https://twitter.com/Wazzu_Coug/status/1782438454376423646?t=LOgkssxjjH48rMpBqwzCJg&s=19

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

ChocolatePancake posted:

It's apparently lost to the internet, but in when the Broncos changed their uniforms to blue in '97, Pat Bowlen infamously reacted to criticism by saying that they were "predominantly orange".

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
THE BRONCOS SEASON IS SAVED!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1782476288776663309

For a completely unrelated topic, how is the 2025 QB draft class?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Well those shoulder mountains would have been awesome. That makes me sad we didn't get something like that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Something like this would be better. what they have now isn't a mountain. if you went to ten thousand artists and asked them to draw you a mountain not a single one would look like the design they chose, or anything like it

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Smart time to redesign now fans still gotta buy a new Wilson jersey.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Bad. Very bad.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Zach Wilson is my new favorite Bronco if he changes his jersey number to 3

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sigh. Unlikely to beat out Stidham except as tank commander. I'm sure Payton thinks he can fix him, but I'd rather the camp reps go to a random UDFA.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

indigi posted:

Something like this would be better. what they have now isn't a mountain. if you went to ten thousand artists and asked them to draw you a mountain not a single one would look like the design they chose, or anything like it

It never ceases to amaze me when teams make lovely uniform changes and random internet people make infinitely better mock-ups in less than 5 minutes

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

It never ceases to amaze me when teams make lovely uniform changes and random internet people make infinitely better mock-ups in less than 5 minutes

Committees and upper management.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Broncos gained a 6th for a 7th to take him and don’t even pay all of his paycheck. Not a bad deal?

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ort posted:

Broncos gained a 6th for a 7th to take him and don’t even pay all of his paycheck. Not a bad deal?

The opposite. They gave up a 6th (#203) in exchange for Wilson and a 7th (#256) and NY retaining half his salary.

The Broncos had 2 6th rounders ... #203 and #207, and this was the higher of the two, so it's a late round swap, but it's 53 spots which makes it almost a 2 round difference.

Pick #203 was obtained from the Browns as part of the Jerry Jeudy trade, and it was originally Houston's and was part of the Deshawn Watson trade.

Pick #256 is the second to last pick in the draft, and was a compensatory pick awarded to the Jets. I normally don't like seeing picks spent on punters, but if Tory Taylor is available at 256, I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos grab him.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 22, 2024

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
…I would have rather kept the 6th and 7th

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Zach Wilson gonna throw the ball over depicted mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The opposite. They gave up a 6th (#203) in exchange for Wilson and a 7th (#256) and NY retaining half his salary.

The Broncos had 2 6th rounders ... #203 and #207, and this was the higher of the two, so it's a late round swap, but it's 53 spots which makes it almost a 2 round difference.

Pick #203 was obtained from the Browns as part of the Jerry Jeudy trade, and it was originally Houston's and was part of the Deshawn Watson trade.

Pick #256 is the second to last pick in the draft, and was a compensatory pick awarded to the Jets. I normally don't like seeing picks spent on punters, but if Tory Taylor is available at 256, I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos grab him.
Hell of a comp 7th for the Jets.