Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

thought that story was trying to say the same horse has 31 seasons. but anyway they should race warpaint for the eric berry cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs WR rankings after week 1:

MVS
Justin Watson
Rashee Rice
Justyn Ross
Kadarius Toney
Richie James
Skyy Moore

Week 2:

Justin Watson +
MVS -
Skyy Moore +++
Kadarius Toney ++
Rashee Rice
Justyn Ross
Richie James - -

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They really wanted to teach Taylor a lesson today.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Taylor Swift

...ly to the bench.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

LiquidFriend posted:

They really wanted to teach Taylor a lesson today.

I couldn't believe how many loving penalties he had. I figured after 3 he would learn a lesson, but no he needed a 4th.

Also what the gently caress Broncos. That's Good Sport is going to be hilarious

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Plz change the thread title; it's bad enough I have to watch them play

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Some interesting reffing at the end of that game, with no review of the sideline catch, and then no interference.

But goddamn does Denver suck.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

This was probably the game that sealed Paton’s fate.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
remember beginning of last year when we thought the AFC West was going to be a powerhouse division?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Simplex posted:

Some interesting reffing at the end of that game, with no review of the sideline catch, and then no interference.

But goddamn does Denver suck.

That was some awful ref-ing for sure. Broncos looked great early on then after the Kareem Jacky expulsion just completely fell apart. Fire Vance Joseph immediately. The defense playing this bad is inexcusable.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha ho ho he he

Eric Bieniemy did not waste one last opportunity to hose the Broncos.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

LiquidFriend posted:

Ha ha ho ho he he

Eric Bieniemy did not waste one last opportunity to hose the Broncos.

Last?

Can't you see "San Diego Head Coach Eric Bieniemy" coming to pass?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kalensc posted:

Last?

Which team plays in San Diego

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kalensc posted:

Last?

The Chargers had a chance to hire Bieniemy, but they are a stupid franchise. Don't see that changing.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The more I look at it, the more I’m convinced the Broncos are just a team without any depth/dynamism. Paton mortgaged the team to get Russ, it backfired, we’re stuck paying for it for five years. Playing “fine” is okay when you have the rest of an actual team around you, but Russ doesn’t and that means if he doesn’t step up, there’s no one else. We saw flashes of that with the bombs to Mims. But…there just isn’t enough playmaking ability on the rest of the squad and definitely not on the defensive side of the ball outside of PS2.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

The Chargers had a chance to hire Bieniemy, but they are a stupid franchise. Don't see that changing.

They'll have a chance again!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

They'll have a chance again!
And will hire one Matt Nagy.

It's crazy to think it's only Week 3 and this is kind of a must win for the Chargers.

waffle enthusiast posted:

The more I look at it, the more I’m convinced the Broncos are just a team without any depth/dynamism. Paton mortgaged the team to get Russ, it backfired, we’re stuck paying for it for five years. Playing “fine” is okay when you have the rest of an actual team around you, but Russ doesn’t and that means if he doesn’t step up, there’s no one else. We saw flashes of that with the bombs to Mims. But…there just isn’t enough playmaking ability on the rest of the squad and definitely not on the defensive side of the ball outside of PS2.
They have done an impressive job digging themselves deeper into the hole.

Russ clearly ain't it and they traded for a modern Jimmy Johnson to try and salvage that bad trade and contract. The alarm bells were heavy when nobody but Joseph wanted that DC job.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 18, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chiefs defense is good this year. Held the Lions and Jags to 23 points combined.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

The Chiefs defense is good this year. Held the Lions and Jags to 23 points combined.
Agreed. Though the Chiefs got insanely lucky that three different times a Jags WR couldnt get his drat feet down/catch the drat ball in the back of the endzone. Chiefs D was legit even if those catches were made.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Agreed. Though the Chiefs got insanely lucky that three different times a Jags WR couldnt get his drat feet down/catch the drat ball in the back of the endzone. Chiefs D was legit even if those catches were made.

Part of that has to be attributed to the DB play. The game did feel very “this was the jags game to lose” though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs D is solid and those are great offenses they were playing against. The Mahomes and flexes situation will get worked out.

The thing I'm worried about, however, is the tackles sucking and generating an astounding number of penalties. That and my "sneaking suspicion" of Nagy being a problem is still not erased from the offseason.

Bieniemy clearly did more than we give him credit for.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The tackles draw flags constantly but also do a decent job of blocking, maybe it’s all the cheating

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ort posted:

Part of that has to be attributed to the DB play. The game did feel very “this was the jags game to lose” though.
You're right, good DB play has TLaw throwing higher/deeper/whatever and/or the WR in a worse position.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

kiimo posted:

Chiefs D is solid and those are great offenses they were playing against. The Mahomes and flexes situation will get worked out.

The thing I'm worried about, however, is the tackles sucking and generating an astounding number of penalties. That and my "sneaking suspicion" of Nagy being a problem is still not erased from the offseason.

Bieniemy clearly did more than we give him credit for.

I do not like Nagy from my years of watching him coach the bears and also have this suspicion.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
There is something up with the OL. Creed the All Pro is hiking 8-10 balls into the dirt for some reason, and our RT is lining up like a high schooler. The WRs have an excuse they are all basically young and new to KC and developing both as individuals and with Mahomes, but the OL shouldn’t gently caress up so much.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So that new Mahomes deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Interesting audible

https://twitter.com/BenBrownPL/status/1703492315963130279?t=z_LyQOKuABDZSMSUYtWLAw&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--It's Wabbit Season

Pron on VHS posted:

There is something up with the OL. Creed the All Pro is hiking 8-10 balls into the dirt for some reason, and our RT is lining up like a high schooler. The WRs have an excuse they are all basically young and new to KC and developing both as individuals and with Mahomes, but the OL shouldn’t gently caress up so much.

Creed may be weather related to some extent, at least that's my hope and it won't be an issue going forward. He's too good unless things get real bad with snaps so you've got to play him as long as he can figure out a shotgun snap again.

No Butt Stuff posted:

So that new Mahomes deal.

It was always coming, it'll be interesting how they sorted it out when we get details.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Fat boys do not like to be in hot and humid weather.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Posting this from Aug 25 in the unfortunate situation it becomes relevant

kiimo posted:

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1703857606568120433

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

from memory he threw a 25 yard post v cover 2, almost caught it?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Maybe if we still had Sammy or Tyreek Nagy would look good just wondering out loud here

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Dr Laurent Duvernay-Tardif officially retired.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1704852477684625603

He was on the Jets practice squad and if they couldn't find a reason to promote him to the team it was probably time. Still, one hell of a good rear end story.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i'm watching The Rock and i find it highly amusing - yet fitting - that the "football game" target in oakland doesn't even have full stands. lol, lmao. even in fiction.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos aren't getting enough credit. Them going out there and humiliating themselves today is going to take all the heat away from CU and Coach Prime. But do you think they are going to get one thank you?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Simplex posted:

The Broncos aren't getting enough credit. Them going out there and humiliating themselves today is going to take all the heat away from CU and Coach Prime. But do you think they are going to get one thank you?

the heroes we need but not the ones we deserve

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hahahahaha

Hahahaha

Hahaha

70 points

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Move the new stadium to Bennett.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Well…

at least we get a draft pick this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'm mad about the Vikings outdumbing Staley.