Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Congrats Denver fans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
rip thread titles

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I curse you with Jerry Jeudy as your free agency WR

Jerry Jeudy coming to KC and unlocking some hidden poo poo would really be something.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Russ undercooked by $85 million

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

aperion posted:

Russ undercooked by $85 million
https://x.com/ZK_FFB/status/1764766603055391192

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Congrats Denver fans!

Nah. My view of it is that once they traded for Russ and gave him that extension, there was no Plan B. They simply had to make it work with Russ or the team would be hosed for some time moving forward. So there's nothing to celebrate, because there was never any path forward other than to fix Russ somehow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Another way to look at the same idea

https://twitter.com/lindsay_rhodes/status/1764787460285010337?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah its insane how colossal a fuckup the whole thing was. The writeup on OverTheCap is particularly damning, for those interested:
https://overthecap.com/broncos-announce-pending-release-of-qb-russell-wilson

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Let's please not forget the extra picks the Broncos traded afterwards to get a coach to 'fix Russ'

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Yeah we are at such a deficit of talent I'm worried we haven't seen the bottom yet.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

For those keeping score the Broncos traded Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 5th, 2022 7th, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, and a 2024 2nd. And they have Sean Payton, Nik Bonitto, Drew Sanders, Luke Wattenberg and a 2025 4th to show for it.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Simplex posted:

For those keeping score the Broncos traded Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, 2022 5th, 2022 7th, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, and a 2024 2nd. And they have Sean Payton, Nik Bonitto, Drew Sanders, Luke Wattenberg and a 2025 4th to show for it.

And the GM who did it all is still employed

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ56-ufgpZs

The postmortem is here :911:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
FA receivers are looking few and far between for the Chiefs to pick up. Better get Jerry Jeudy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gently caress Jerry Jeudy

/dynasty big mad

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Simplex posted:

We need to get this GM shipped over to the Chiefs ASAP

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brett Veach is younger than me

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
So Nate Taylor (Athletic's beat writer) just dropped the bombshell that the Colts were one of 5 teams with serious interest in trading for Sneed. What the Colts have over the other 4 teams (Lions, Patriots, Vikings, Falcons) is a player that they've tagged that the Chiefs might be interested in...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I would rather pay Sneed 19m than Pittman 22m.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I would rather pay Sneed 19m than Pittman 22m.

This x10, now if want trade 15 for Sneed + late round pick let’s go.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I predict 2nd year Rashee Rice will be a top 10 WR, as for the rest I'd let Veach do his job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAWpf0aF3o

destiny awaits

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There’s no way he’s a chief. They never draft who I want.

I’m eyeing Luke McCaffrey on day 3 for the Chiefs and assuming we stock up on hog mollies until then.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you want to see who the Chiefs draft dig a little and find out who goes down to Texas and throws the ol pigskin around with Mahomes in an informal, totally not a tryout, totally not a practice get together BBQ and fun event.

Rice and Flowers last summer and if Flowers fell he'd be a Chief.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

If you want to see who the Chiefs draft dig a little and find out who goes down to Texas and throws the ol pigskin around with Mahomes in an informal, totally not a tryout, totally not a practice get together BBQ and fun event.

Rice and Flowers last summer and if Flowers fell he'd be a Chief.

Quentin Johnston was there too, and imagine if he dropped to 32 instead. :dogbutton:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kevino07 posted:

Quentin Johnston was there too, and imagine if he dropped to 32 instead. :dogbutton:

I fantasize about it daily

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

There’s no way he’s a chief. They never draft who I want.

I’m eyeing Luke McCaffrey on day 3 for the Chiefs and assuming we stock up on hog mollies until then.

gently caress every single McCaffrey.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broncos are releasing my favorite player. Only a matter of time until Sutton goes to KC and I spend the entire season supine, destitute, and drunk.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dang good thing I didn't buy his jersey. drat. He's so good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers need a safety to pair with Derwin

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

a neat cape posted:

Chargers need a safety to pair with Derwin

He's picked off Mahomes more than anybody so I will accept this outcome with vengeance blackening my heart

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Whew well good thing they kept them players to miss out of the playoffs and....release them?

Great stuff happening in Denver.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Broncos are a smoldering pile of ash.

The Raiders are maybe building something but have too many long term question marks.

It's all up to Herbie to save us from the Chiefs but he plays for one of the most cursed teams in all of sports so...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Jim Herbaugh

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kevino07 posted:

It's probably pretty telling that after that we heard all about Flowers and Quentin being down there but nobody said one word about Rice, which I believe was a mandated order from the front office.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Oh noo! The bears have stolen Jerry Jeudy, whatever will we do?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Browns!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I like that the Broncos started 1-5, won 2 games and convinced themselves they were still in it, and decided against moving a bunch of pieces that had some value. Now, they are just giving away everything in a clearance sale. What was it at the deadline, a 3rd and a 5th for Jeudy?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

I like that the Broncos started 1-5, won 2 games and convinced themselves they were still in it, and decided against moving a bunch of pieces that had some value. Now, they are just giving away everything in a clearance sale. What was it at the deadline, a 3rd and a 5th for Jeudy?

I don’t think the Broncos were getting much in season for Jeudy or Simmons. Simmons is old and not on a very friendly contract and Jeudy is underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1766675910277673416?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg