Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Yeah, the Broncos QB drama is one of my favorite things about the AFC West (other than Chief dominance, of course). Even as chiefs fan, I really liked Drew Lock and thought he was kinda done dirty. I'd love to see Bo Nix do well, and maybe Sean Payton will actually build a decent offense around him. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Sunshine posted:

The most passive aggressive way to show your disdain for a child

They could've raised him a Raider but I'm pretty sure they don't want to lose him to child services

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

They could've raised him a Raider but I'm pretty sure they don't want to lose him to child services

Well poo poo, ya got me there

However, at least he can watch a team win football games from foster care as opposed to watching whatever it is the Broncos have been lately

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, the Broncos QB drama is one of my favorite things about the AFC West (other than Chief dominance, of course). Even as chiefs fan, I really liked Drew Lock and thought he was kinda done dirty. I'd love to see Bo Nix do well, and maybe Sean Payton will actually build a decent offense around him. Good luck!
I'd like to see Bo Nix loving suck, personally.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Well poo poo, ya got me there

However, at least he can watch a team win football games from foster care as opposed to watching whatever it is the Broncos have been lately

You better Bolieve it's gonna be different this year

LiquidFriend posted:

A pox on you!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Finster Dexter posted:

Even as chiefs fan, I'd love to see Bo Nix do well, and maybe Sean Payton will actually build a decent offense around him. Good luck!

????

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Agreed

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You better Bolieve it's gonna be different this year

Sorry but Minshew Mania is gonna run wild brother!

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Boncos Country Let’s Ride.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

I agree, completely baffling logic. As a Chiefs fan, I don’t want anyone on the Raiders/Chargers/Donkeys to get injured, but I sure as hell want them to do poorly.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Maybe Nix will suck, but for now he has the potential to be awesome. At least there is a reason for fans to get excited this season and they actually seem to be trying. If they hadn't picked a QB I probably wouldn't have even bothered to turn on the games and stick to red zone. I'm excited to see what happens! All our QB picks can't be bad right? We have to hit on one eventually right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ChocolatePancake posted:

Maybe Nix will suck, but for now he has the potential to be awesome. At least there is a reason for fans to get excited this season and they actually seem to be trying. If they hadn't picked a QB I probably wouldn't have even bothered to turn on the games and stick to red zone. I'm excited to see what happens! All our QB picks can't be bad right? We have to hit on one eventually right?

:hmmyes:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

Rather believe in zach Wilson than bo nix lol

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Nope Bo Nix will be amazing. This cool aid is just delicious.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Tell me about this guy, draftniks. Twitter likes the pick but ya know.

https://x.com/bturner23/status/1784280166170009789?s=46

Also Jared Wiley is probably experiencing a level of excitement no mortal has ever known. Hey wanna come learn with Kelce Reid and Mahomes while going for a three peat

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The hope is that Taylor sets up Jared Wiley with one of her friends.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am glad the Chargers passed on Nabers and the Raiders did not get a QB.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I am glad the Chargers passed on Nabers and the Raiders did not get a QB.

Agree with this completely.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I am glad the Broncos also did not get a starting QB

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

I am glad the Broncos got a starting QB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Midnightghoul posted:

It's gonna be a fun year in AFC West :lol:

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
If Nix doesn't work out, he'll take Payton with him, so root accordingly.

I do like the rest of the Broncos' picks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

solarjetman posted:

If Nix doesn't work out, he'll take Payton with him, so root accordingly.

I do like the rest of the Broncos' picks.

I wonder how patient WalMart will be over the next 2-3 years of losing, probably.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Walmart probably really just doesn't give a poo poo. They bought it for the prestige and to add a free money printing press to their portfolio.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Here are my thoughts on the AFC West drafts:

Broncos - If everything goes swimmingly well, Bo Nix will be a less mobile Alex Smith. Cool. Franklin could be like MVS for them which is an odd pairing with a QB like Nix but they already have chemistry so somehow it might work?

Chargers - Harbaugh still feels like such an odd fit in LA and the draft was more of it. The Alt, Slater dynamic will be ok for now but I'm assuming will eventually turn weird. I can't see Alt wanting to play Right Tackle for long and are they going to force Slater to move? Let him walk? Not going to dock them too hard because helping Herbs not explode on the field is a right move, but I think I would have gone Nabers. Glad they didn't. They did have the strongest Day 3 of the division though.

Chiefs - It still baffles me that Buffalo helped the Chiefs land Worthy for very little in return. Not as high on Kingsley Suamataia as everyone else. Would have preferred another impact player that could help chase history this year and he looks like a total project. Some great picks in Day 3 but I don't like not taking a RB at all. They needed to.

Raiders - Yeah, I don't know man. I don't get this draft.

Rankings:
1. Chiefs - Addressed all their pressing needs possible while drafting at the end of every round. The value is good with Worthy and the fit is incredible. Both DB's in the 3rd day were great gets.
2. Chargers - Think they really needed to come out of the draft with a legit #1 WR. Nabers would have given Spagnuolo fits like Allen and Williams did. I don't think they have that element anymore, but will still be effective as a more balanced Offense. Good draft overall.
3. Broncos - They uh, addressed some needs. Some quality later picks.
4. Raiders - They participated in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the bar is subterranean for Raiders 1st round picks

if Bowers lives up to his hype even a little, it's a homerun by their standards

the O-line picks make perfect sense if they actually pan out

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

That's kind of the funny part because if he does, it just pushes them more out of range to finally get a QB in the draft. It's like when Atlanta tried to reason taking Pitts, except Pitts was a better prospect.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 28, 2024

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

LiquidFriend posted:

That's kind of the funny part because if he does, it just pushes them more out of range to finally get a QB in the draft.

You always throw 3 first at someone to move up and grab a QB. You’re probably not getting QB1, but 2 and 3 are probably in play most years.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

if things progress to just needing the quarterback, that's when you sell your soul to trade up or whatever, there's so little control over being in the right place at the right time for a legit top QB prospect that it's not worth rooting for your team sucking so much rear end that they tank their way to #1

I'd be a lot less happy with Bo Nix or even Penix if they'd made it to the Raiders because that's just a ticket to a QB whose peak very likely isn't even Carr-tier

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Love the absolute hype around Worthy, drafted by the Chiefs who are known for their quality WRs

e: on the other hand, the magnificent drafters the Broncos selected a perfect QB specimen. Facts.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 28, 2024

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Love the absolute hype around Worthy, drafted by the Chiefs who are known for their quality WRs

gonna be some primo sad Mahomes reactions when Worthy burns all the DBs only to drop a perfect pass while no one's within ten steps of him

then he'll catch a gamewinner in the conference championship or whatever

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

4. Raiders - They participated in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Welcome to the Tom Telesco era, Las Vegas! Enjoy your stay and tip your waitress.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

drat, incompetent drafting?

I haven't been prepared for this possibility by the last 20+ years at all

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Do we count the Broncos pick for DL trade with the Jets in the draft rating? Or is that at a separate maneuver? I personally think it was a huge value move that bolsters the defense greatly.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm not sure that grading the Raiders as "lol usual Raiders dumb stuff" on draft day works when they actually addressed a lot of needs and everything kinda makes sense when looked at objectively.

The only question mark is Bowers but that's not even fair because he was certainly BPA by a mile and their original plan fell apart because Atlanta has a front office full of morons. As previously stated, sell the farm for a QB to come into a good situation later I guess.

The Raiders constantly get poo poo on, and rightfully so, for reaching on draft picks to fill a need and everyone says "lol shoulda gone BPA but Raiders gonna Raider" and then when they actually go BPA everyone shits themselves with "lol why would you draft BPA?".
It's actually kinda funny in a sad way.

QB, OT and CB were top needs. QB is just already mined to death and going OT at that point puts you at taking the 4th best which isn't ideal and both of the CB's dropped to #22 and #24 so if they were home runs then other teams probably would've snapped them up earlier.

vvvv that's fair and expected

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Raiders 1st and 2nd round picks will be great and absolutely nothing else will be. You might hit on a third round pick every 5 years or do.

Your team will start looking super talented but will have no depth. And because of your GMs love of ignoring medicals, all that top end talent is gonna get hurt a lot.

If you hit the lottery and get through a season relatively unphased, it'll be a good one. Just don't expect a lot of it. I've seen the Tom Telesco experience