Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Goin with the utterly generic prediction:

Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

But hope all the teams have fun!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

I am so glad Brett Kollman is working with the Chargers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAFWocz2yAA

It’s good, he’s good, but now can some fancy LA stylist tell him to shave that soul patch goatee thing

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
And the raiders are leading the division

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

LiquidFriend posted:

Did they forget Hill torching them when he was still in the AFC West? The amount of single coverage he drew was absurd.

It’s baffling especially since last season when they met he was doubled like every passing play except for the 60 yard touchdown he scored, and was unremarkable outside of that play

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Like how they’re really trying to sell how laborious it is for the team of six and then it’s like “this guy clears the photographers” and “this other guy clears the refs.” And it’s mostly dependent on Denver scoring—they could get away with two people, three tops

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Who cares if Pickens in an rear end in a top hat he is a #1 WR in the making

Missed this—what’d he do?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

LiquidFriend posted:

Just need Chiefsaholic to bail out for the full experience.
This made me look up the latest news with him and it’s that he’s been indicted on nineteen charges by a federal grand jury. And his lawyer released a truly wonderful statement:

Chiefsaholic’s attorney posted:

The government's announcement today of its 19-count indictment provides an unfair and unjust portrayal of Xaviar. The truth is that since 2018 Xaviar Babudar, aka 'ChiefsAholic' has entertained, inspired, unified and motivated Kansas Citians, the Chiefs Kingdom and hundreds of millions of football fans around the globe. It's now the fourth quarter of the most important game of Xaviar's life, and his legal team believes his innocence will ultimately be proven to the public and we are confident that once all of the facts are known that he will be redeemed in the eyes of his supporters, admirers and the Chiefs Kingdom.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MrLogan posted:

For sale: cooking ingredients, never used.

For sale: a sandwich, never spicy

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

wazu posted:

Hoping to see Richie James get involved in the offense today. Looks like Crosby is going to play even though he was listed as doubtful. Probably hungry for revenge after getting clowned on Neflix Quarterback.

I think he’d need to be missing both legs before agreeing not to play

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Payton’s a dick, but I still wish he was the chargers coach

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

fartknocker posted:

here's the highlight of TNF

I’ve only half-heartedly watched this—has Staley been dragged and quartered off the field yet?

My cat herbie just squeaked at me so I think his head has been displayed upon the Thames?

e: I hope they break the dolphins record v broncos, we deserve it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Pershing posted:

How the hell do the Chargers dig out of this? It seems that Herbert is all the talent they've got. Does he just suffer thru mediocre rosters forever?

Probably yeah

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Herbert is all the talent they've got? WTF

They’ve got plenty of other talent, it’s just all basically old and their contracts are about to be hellish. Besides Herbert, it’s Slater, and maybe Derwin James moving forward really. Their rookie edge looks promising too and their eighth swing at a RB besides Ekeler has shown some flashes, but it’s pretty grim

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

How old do you think these guys are? I feel like the second someone like Keenan Allen gets dinged up people are instantly already digging his grave. He's got years left in him, he has 1200 yards this season. Ekeler is the same way. There are a ton of young guys on this roster. Austin Ekeler is younger than Easton Stick.

The offense has four guys over 30. Allen, Nick Vannett, Alex Ericson and Corey Linsley

It was a bit of chargers doomerism it’s true, and, ya Allen and Ekeler (and Williams) are all still very good, but they’re still all on the wrong side of their respective position’s age range. Keenan is 31, Williams 29, Ekeler 28–and they’re all expensive or will be even more expensive. Would anyone be surprised if Ekeler was elsewhere after the offseason ~drama~ and this season?

Agreed about staley and goin’ for it

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ya I fully expect them to keep at least Keenan and maybe Mike, but they still Old by football wr standards

Who the gently caress knows on defense; will prolly be an interesting tell of the new gm/hc (or are they the same person??)

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's crazy how fast things change in the division. Just a year ago I thought the Broncos would be bottom barrel for eternity and a year before that I thought they'd be top tier. Now I'm comfortably in the middle but it's a wild ride.

NFL is good like that, gotta give em that

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Mentioned in the game today that the raiders have the least penalty yards on the season—sure the refs have found a novel way to gently caress them though

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Some fuckin' Walmart grade management of a football team.

Seemingly cheap but will pay off in the long run?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Now imagine how we feel when it’s kelce and third and whatever

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Black Sunshine posted:

Using dumb betting lines to fuel an underdog narrative for an ongoing dynasty is really lame.

I loathe the Patriots with everything I have but I can't remember hearing "nobody believed in us" bullshit from them so the cheating Patriots are more respectable in my book which is pretty sad.

Weirdly, Mahomes and Reid are more likable than Brady and Belichick, which paradoxically makes them worse heels and thus more unlikable.

Harbaugh, Reid, Payton, and wildcard Pierce should be hella fun next season though. Easy to imagine some Harbaugh Payton beef

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
do y’all also talk about how you pay out the nose to live in glorified suburbs?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Ketchup, bbq sauce, mustard, and portly qbs are all good.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Derrick Thomas would run circles around that line and Hill would run circles around charles woodson and eric allen

Woodson would just smush tyreek into the ground after a yard

Do the chargers get to count NO Brees or 2026 Herbie with Harbaugh??

Would actually be a fun off season exercise for this thread to vote on the all time teams within the division

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

There is a certain type of person in KC that likes to go to San Diego to visit but wouldn't ever go to any other city because it's the only city in California worth anything because of the military presence and conservative presence.

You know the type. Those are the people visiting Qualcomm talking poo poo.

Until Monterey lands a team and gets all those naval postgraduate school suckers

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

fartknocker posted:

Since this came up in another thread:

ST: Pigeon

lol, a classic

Gonna be in KC for a day soon—bbq recommendations?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Well you gotta trust Fat Jesus even if they’ve never had it before, thanks for the recs y’all (tho lol if one of your first experiences outside of Australia is fuckin Kansas City)

Any dive bar favorites?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

waffle enthusiast posted:

How does a house this size only have four bedrooms? Are there a bunch of non-conforming bedrooms or something? Really gonna hurt him with the comps.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/russell-wilson-accepting-offers-cherry-hills-village-home

insert joke about russ touchdown expectations and number of his bedrooms/bathrooms

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

This was a good thing though

Truly some bizarre twisted chargers luck

go herbie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify