Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re not that similar. He had a 10% higher completion rating, threw for half the yards, threw for almost 3 yards less per attempt, and his longest pass was 21 yards.

I’m not saying those differences are good, some definitely aren’t, but he was playing within the system (probably to a fault) vs whatever the gently caress was going on last year. He also looked more accurate throwing on the move, especially on the two TD passes. If he can mix in the short game chain moving stuff with a little of his old creativity things might work out alright. I think at this point Payton just had him on a really short leash.

didn't they also only get like 5 or 6 drives the whole game bc both teams were going full ball control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

That’s…wow. I don’t think you could do that if you tried

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kull the Conqueror posted:

If my friend texts are reasonable anecdotal evidence, Broncos Country is riding hard af right now

Genuinely cannot be overstated how masterful a job Payton is doing coaching the team this year. Even if they lose out from here its a wildly successful season considering their talent level

I would love, LOVE for Denver to somehow steal the division.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Simplex posted:

Well the latest development is that Sean is pretending that he has nothing to do with any of this, and is actively throwing George Paton under the bus. This is after him earlier claiming that he is in fact the one in charge of this poo poo.

i mean Paton's dumbass is the one who gave Russ this idiotic contract in the first place so he's not wrong

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kiimo posted:

Trying to think of where Harbaugh is going to live. It's easy to say Malibu but I'm sitting here trying to think of where is the "Michigan of LA"

Torrance?

I mean he could go for the west coast Michigan and live near UCLA. Pasadena also feels appropriate for a giant football weirdo like him. Where'd he live when he was coaching the 49ers?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kiimo posted:

oh poo poo

Westwood. It's Westwood.

Hahah I'm still new out here but I'm close enough to Westwood to see the appeal for Harbs. Also not a terrible commute to the stadium (not good either)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Have you been to SoFi? I know the Chargers host Tampa next season

Not yet I moved in the fall, I'm trying to grab some tickets for next year. Ideally i want to catch both a Chargers and a Rams home game live.

kiimo posted:

Join us in the LA thread to talk about the best places for Korean BBQ and screaming EARTHQUAKE whenever there's a 3.2 centered in Irvine

lmao will do. The korean food in this town is loving absurd, hell the food here in general is insane.