Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

Yes. Personally I hope Staley and Telesco get lifetime contracts.

Bias aside, it's time to clean house.

Basically if Telesco survives past this season, we all know the Chargers aren't serious about trying to win. Tom Telesco can't draft, manage free agency, or hire coaches worth a poo poo.

Even if they do shitcan him, the Chiefs have nothing to worry about for a long time because the fundamental difference between the two teams is that the Chiefs like winning and actually do all the work they can to ensure they keep doing things that contribute to them winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
You know what, I’m going all-in on the Broncos taking the division just because it’s hilarious and proves this whole loving division is cursed.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Ek is absolutely gone. I don't see any way he's back after this year.

Keenan has to be back. Mike and Mack and Joey, who loving knows.

Keenan Allen absolutely should be retiring a Charger. And I just realized Mike Williams is already 29. What the poo poo, I feel like they just drafted him.

Anyways, Mike, Mack and Bosa feel like they're all out the door and not because they're bad, Telesco just hosed the team's cap for too many good players and this somehow was the result. Between this poo poo and there being loving zero depth behind starters, this next year is gonna be a hard one to handle. But with a franchise QB and at least a few pieces, it's not totally hosed like the Lions were or the Saints constantly are.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I guess be prepared to crow in 2024 then? Because it's gonna take a year to dig out of the hole Staley and Telesco left.

I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion. Yes, the hole is pretty fuckin deep and the team's going to be losing some star players, but coming out of the college ranks, Harbaugh and whoever he brings with him are gonna know a lot of players going into this draft. There's a real shot they just nail this coming draft and go from there.

Wait.

Is this hope I'm feeling? gently caress, I think I'm already high on it. Take my keys please.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

How about Zay flowers pushing Sneed down and spinning the ball in his face….why was he crying on the bench like 2 min later.. what happened?

Fumbled the ball out of the endzone for a KC touchback then he hosed up his hand punching the bench after all that.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Ort posted:

Being a chiefs fan is fun as hell. This team just brings it in the playoffs, Kelce came to play. 2 weeks for injuries to heal up in…another Super Bowl hell yeah.

so this is what only being 7 years into the thousand years of darkness and torment is like. So which one of us is going to break our brains first and hire Adam Gase?

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Russ undercooked by $85 million

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

With that contract.

The return isn't bad. But I am emotional right now.

Yeah. That stung harder than I expected. But none of this would’ve been necessary if Telesco and his band of idiots hadn’t hosed things up this bad.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

4. Raiders - They participated in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Welcome to the Tom Telesco era, Las Vegas! Enjoy your stay and tip your waitress.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

The337th posted:

fans who've dealt with a more typical bad GM experience thinking that someone who's sat through the Al Davis twilight years and the Mayock/Gruden run are gonna be fazed by only the low end of the draft sucking is a funny one

outside of the brief blip of Reggie McKenzie, I don't even know what it's like for your team to understand what the first round of the draft is

Telesco is just barely good enough to keep his job for several years. Maybe mediocrity is a step up, but when every year it feels like the Raiders are a dark horse to make the playoffs and always fall far short of their potential, it's a ride that you'll be happy to get off of once it's reached its final obvious conclusion. The only real difference between Telesco on the Chargers and Telesco on the Raiders is that he didn't get to choose his own head coach this time. If that makes all the difference, congrats, have hope. But as of right now, Telesco remains a fraud until proven otherwise.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

5 (or 6) elite players chosen in almost 20 years of the NFL draft out of 145 (!!!) selections is absolutely abysmal and anyone presented with this should understand why most of us are okay with Telesco usually nailing the top picks but making GBS threads himself the rest of the draft.

So this is what Kadarius Toney looks like spread out over 15 years. Yeah, Telesco's a step up from all this, and that might be the most damning thing about this whole situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Ross' way too early AFC West predictions:

Chiefs 12-5
Broncos 7-10
Chargers 7-10
Raiders 6-11

Last season really messed with us bad, because I can’t even get going on the false hope hype train this time around despite all the cool poo poo happening. Goddamn, gently caress Staley and gently caress you, Spanos.