Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

1. Broncos
2. Broncos
3. Broncos
4. Broncos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I should clarify that it's more about how my feelings on the team change as the season progresses

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm blaming God for intervening on behalf of the rest of the division. Satan never did me like this.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Also, expressing my disappointment in the lack of Lokey snipes lately, TFF just isn't the same anymore.

Lokey is no longer the fearsome behemoth he once was. He has grown into a new man with new responsibilities. In many ways, TFF IS Lokey.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My high school had a single lady managing our mascot horse. Two if you count the guy dressed as a knight riding atop the beast.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i'm watching The Rock and i find it highly amusing - yet fitting - that the "football game" target in oakland doesn't even have full stands. lol, lmao. even in fiction.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Simplex posted:

The Broncos aren't getting enough credit. Them going out there and humiliating themselves today is going to take all the heat away from CU and Coach Prime. But do you think they are going to get one thank you?

the heroes we need but not the ones we deserve

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Broncos and Bears followed by the Jets. The next two weeks are make or break games.. that's loving sad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SUre, buddy why don't you go win another super bowl about it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm glad the Broncos are proving me wrong. :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

waffle enthusiast posted:

Hot take: barely winning a game like this is worse than losing because it forestalls a course correction.

probably but i'd rather not be dead last. i'd be more concerned about a win streak of close games

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Also the same game that Charles fumbled away at the 1. And the last time the Broncos won the matchup.

The last good year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

for sale: game ball. never caught.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:allears:

My best friends' kid was born with a congenital heart defect. I will spare you the details but he has endured multiple open heart surgeries and thanks to 21st century advances in medicine he is a shy but happy child who makes my heart melt. He will be celebrating his third birthday this week.

So how about Children's Heart Foundation?

Seconded.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Congrats Raiders fans

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm just glad you had the confidence to back up your bold claim that the Chiefs could possibly beat the Broncos, even if it ended poorly for you. I appreciate your sportsmanship.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

3DH, I don't know if I told you why I have a special hatred for the Broncos.

For awhile the Broncos were doing this "Salute to Service" thing for their first home game of the season. They would give a bunch of the bases around the area tickets to the game, we would do the flag stuff on the field, stand in formation for the national anthem, then watch the game from the stands. Obviously you have to be in uniform to do all of this. So in like 2006 I went because the home opener was the Chiefs.

We were up in the nosebleeds watching the game, I was having a great time watching the game and cheering for the Chiefs. This loving rear end in a top hat turns around, looks me dead rear end in the eye, screams gently caress the Chiefs and gives me double middle fingers. I was so loving mad, but because I was in uniform I couldn't be like "Yeah and Jake Plummer sucks dick too you gently caress boy" I just had to sit there and smile. It loving made me so goddam mad that this rear end in a top hat did that to me. Prior to that the only AFC West team I hated was the Raiders, but after that Broncos got added to the list too.

That's rough!!!

I'm glad you have a legitimate reason for hating the Broncos. Let hate nourish you!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

wow uh wow lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The downfall of the Chiefs led to the Rise of the Broncos (country)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

each foe is more formidable than the last, yet the broncos push on. i'm gonna get subway to celebrate. something spicy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think I'm gonna go see the Broncos when they visit the Chargers at the Ram's stadium.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Got my nosebleeds for Sofi on Dec 10. :woop:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Got my nosebleeds for Sofi on Dec 10. :woop:

This was a great game to go to! So much energy from the Broncos fans, it felt like what I imagine a home game to be like.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rooster Brooster posted:

You never been to Mile High?

Only in my dreams

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rooster Brooster posted:

Man. Denver is a great city and Mile High is an amazing place to watch football. I highly recommend the pilgrimage.

Oh I know. I absolutely love Denver. I just haven't been able to time a trip so that it overlaps with a Broncos home game. The stars will eventually align!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

If my friend texts are reasonable anecdotal evidence, Broncos Country is riding hard af right now

:clint:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

the only division solidarity is gently caress the Raiders

:hmmyes:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The only time I've seen any sort of anger or fight was at a Panthers@49ers game where a guy in a Falcons jersey thought my Panthers fan buddy was cheering too loudly so of course he had to throw a fist (and missed, and then fell down several rows of stands).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nervous posted:

It seems to be an AFC West thing

I sure hope Staley stays so we can really build this tradition

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's crazy how fast things change in the division. Just a year ago I thought the Broncos would be bottom barrel for eternity and a year before that I thought they'd be top tier. Now I'm comfortably in the middle but it's a wild ride.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Calidus posted:

Dam Broncos might actually cut Russ and take the cap hit in 24 and 25. $35 million and $45 million in dead cap is brutal.

It's okay, clearly we will draft a miraculous rookie who will be superior to Russ in every way. Clearly.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

This is beyond lame. They’re basically confessing that they’re not going to try for the next two seasons

I think they're gonna draft a QB and hope to god it's a hit, if not, punt punt punt

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Because with 2 games to go you still have a chance of winning the division. It doesn't matter if it's a small chance, it's still possible. The Chiefs offense is dogshit right now and just got manhandled at home on Christmas day by a Raiders defense that isn't full of superstars aside from Maxx. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they can drop the last 2 games, poo poo happens in the NFL.

I'd just be pissed as a fan and am kinda surprised that so many Broncos fans are cool with it considering that this is probably their best chance for a playoff spot over the next 2-3 years with the rebuild on the horizon.

I don't think things are as dire as the Raiders/Chargers think their own situation is, lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I think things in Denver are about to get very very bad

I've seen worse.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I don't think you have lol. Denver's never really been truly sustained awful before

*looks at last 8 years*

those weren't awful years??? :monocle:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

You don't know what awful is until you experience 20+ consecutive years of sustained garbage football with a couple mediocre seasons thrown in to provide false hope

You have a Superbowl win less than 10 years ago, you're doing loving fantastic compared to most fanbases

*Incoming "Decade of Spectacular Failure" post about the Broncos*

a neat cape posted:

Compared to what Denver was before, yeah.

I will direct you to the Raiders over the past 20 years or the Lions for the past 30 to see what Awful looks like

I'll say that winning a Super Bowl feels like doing the finest of cocaine so being without it is pretty miserable in its own way. But I can't say the Broncos will be any worse than the last 7-8 years based off the next two years. Certainly not Lions/Jets/Browns level. Now I ain't saying it's gonna be a fun ride, just maybe there's gonna be a sunrise eventually.

the Raiders deserve everything and gently caress the Chiefs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

As long as its Moneyball or Dodgeball then I'm in full agreement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

My wishlist for the Chiefs:

-Bring in a WR that can catch in clutch situations
-Move up to the middle of the first round and draft OT
-Let Chris Jones go and get a comp pick
-Give Lajarius Sneed a big ol contract

dude, relax, and enjoy the playoffs first!