Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is Jakobi ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SalTheBard posted:

He walked off the field under his own power last night
That doesnt mean his brains werent scrambled good. Though now that I think about it "he has a concussion" is all that we will ever hear about it. I hope the guy who applied the dirty hit gets suspended.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

The Chiefs defense is good this year. Held the Lions and Jags to 23 points combined.
Agreed. Though the Chiefs got insanely lucky that three different times a Jags WR couldnt get his drat feet down/catch the drat ball in the back of the endzone. Chiefs D was legit even if those catches were made.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ort posted:

Part of that has to be attributed to the DB play. The game did feel very “this was the jags game to lose” though.
You're right, good DB play has TLaw throwing higher/deeper/whatever and/or the WR in a worse position.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Simplex posted:

The Broncos aren't getting enough credit. Them going out there and humiliating themselves today is going to take all the heat away from CU and Coach Prime. But do you think they are going to get one thank you?
What did CU and Coach Prime do?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Skyy Moore and George Pickens both had game defining passes hit their hands.

The results of both speak for themselves in regards to which guy we should have taken in the draft.
I know this is the AFCW thread but the Pickens one was especially funny because he was talking poo poo about the Jags' D earlier in the week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ostentatious posted:

The Chiefs defense probably isnt as good as you think and the Dolphins are frauds
Por que no los dos?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Sunshine posted:

It would be more fun if the Chiefs were good villains but they're nowhere near Bill/Brady. They're like a dollar store version in bizzaro world with a goofy frog instead of Brady
He's a giant crybaby, op. He is also really good at football but I'll never forget or let the thermonuclear tantrum he threw at the end of the Bills game go.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

That sucks. I hope you can forgive him at some point.
Its less forgiving and more "man that was hilarious and pathetic". Everyone has bad days and he is obviously an incredible competitor but for some reason it massively changed my opinion on the guy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

I’ll let him know

LiquidFriend posted:

Well I am devastated to hear that.

you guys are being weird about this. Congrats on your team winning the Super Bowl.

Black Sunshine posted:

It was reminiscent of a spoiled child finally being told "no" and throwing a tantrum because of it.

I'm okay with it because it just helped him become more unlikeable in my eyes and, as a division rival, it's my duty to hate.

I'm having a real problem disliking Reid though. I mean, I don't actively like him like I did when he was coaching Philly but I can't seem to hate on the guy at all. He just gives off jolly fat man vibes and I respect what he brings to the game as an offensive mind.
Yeah I cant hate Reid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

I'm not talking about you or anyone in the division I'm talking about these folk
Now show me where I said I "hate him" and "that is the only reason I hate him". I'll wait.

edit: also
People that infer ridiculous opinions from one post on a dumb subforum are so funny and pathetic lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

Being weird how? What else did you want us to say to you whining about a postgame presser from like 3 months ago. lol.
I was replying to a Raiders fan about the Chiefs being the bad guys - I dont look at the Chiefs as "bad guys" because their QB proved to be a giant manchild on the biggest stage. I didnt just randomly pop into the thread and start posting about it - and I even tipped my hat to the fact that he is an amazing QB in a follow up post. The fact that you think me posting about a topic other people started is whining is pretty loving sad, you're not the victim here. I dont understand what the gently caress is with goons and reading comprehension, its loving wild.

edit: Chiefs posters whining about someone posting about Mahomes' whining is hilarious to me. Must be a touchy subject. I didnt come in here to start a fight, I made a post because I thought I had something relatively small and innocuous to add and then I shared my personal thoughts on in too, which no one else on this subforum ever does, so yes it must be whining.

Pron on VHS posted:

also it was weird watching Chris Conley, who I thought was out of the league like 3 years ago, constantly making big ST plays for the 49ers last night.
I enjoyed this part because he is a great person that I wish found more success on the football field.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 12, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pron on VHS posted:

are you doing okay? you have edited this post at least 3 times. I have no clue what the hell you are going on about, I don't think anyone in this thread does. Why the gently caress is some random Jags fan having a meltdown in the AFCWest thread the day after the season ends :confused:
I have edited the post twice. Once to further comment that I'm not whining. A second time about your edit about Chris Conley. Are only AFCW posters allowed to post here? You're saying I'm whining and having a meltdown; calling your team's (very successful, awesome at football) QB a crybaby is neither.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah I feel like Donovan Smith being a FA after his one year contract is being a little overlooked. Do the Chiefs have someone on the roster they trust to play LT? Or would they move Jawaan and plug in another cheaper FA at RT?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Calidus posted:

Can they cut Moore without cap penalty? I don’t know how 2nd round contracts work.
OverTheCap says they could cut him and take a ~$900k dead cap hit and save ~$800k. Probably not worth it if they think another year to develop in Reid's system may help, or just to keep a familiar/experienced (even if he isnt good) face in the WR room with MVS likely to get cut along with the FAs leaving that the other guys mentioned.

Pron on VHS posted:

Wanya Morris wasn’t terrible as a backup LT. but yeah tackle is a need.

Problem with WR is that the room will be empty. Toney, MVS, Moore all will be gone for certain.
Ahh right, I do remember hearing his name. I have to wonder if they decide to let Morris sink or swim. They just won the SB with a buncha mostly bad randos so I think the WR room can only go up from here.

Kevino07 posted:

At the moment, it would be Wanya Morris who subbed in for a month in the regular season. He was fairly mediocre (better as a run blocker), but he was a 3rd round rookie drafted to develop based on toolsy traits.

With Smith, Prince Tega Wanogho (who started the season as the swing tackle) and Allegretti all hitting free agency there's going to be some new faces in the OL next year. I genuinely believe that if the Chiefs draft at 32 it'll be for a lineman. If Guyton is there, I reckon he's the pick.

I would also expect a day 3 OL player to develop like Allegretti did and a double dip for WR (One at 64 and one on day 3 sounds about right).
Yuck, losing all those OL guys sounds painful. But Mahomes is Mahomes soooo I bet he'll be fine.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Chiefs extended Spags

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

Since this came up in another thread:

ST: Pigeon
Yessss that pigeon was the best

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Congrats Denver fans!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

aperion posted:

Russ undercooked by $85 million
https://x.com/ZK_FFB/status/1764766603055391192

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah its insane how colossal a fuckup the whole thing was. The writeup on OverTheCap is particularly damning, for those interested:
https://overthecap.com/broncos-announce-pending-release-of-qb-russell-wilson

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ort posted:

The Sneed situation is kind of nice, as a fan. Like we either trade him for a much needed receiver, most likely, or we just keep a great corner. Not even sure who’s left as a receiver choice besides Higgins.
Chiefs send him to Detroit for Jameson Williams and a bag of chips.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hoping this is somehow wrong/fake
https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1768461388492546510

edit: fuuuuuuck
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768461818203087337

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah look at all those bags and guns in the pic of 4 of them walking away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos dudes I managed to snag JJ McCarthy in the goon draft. Relish in this now because it's not happening in real life.
Boo, JJM is not going to unlock Marvin Mims.