Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Both will likely be on the practice squad if they clear waivers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Having a failson in his first year as a WR coach hasn't exactly worked out so far tbf.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/GehrigDieter/status/1739388120679023044?s=20

Interesting insight from a close friend to Mahomes (His personal trainer Bobby Stroupe also appears in the comments). Even if the Chiefs stumble into the playoffs, expect a raft of changes.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Calidus posted:

- Kelce not playing like a good TE and not someone in GOAT conversation

Let's not go too far. He's had 924 yards in the season so far and will finish top 2 in TE yardage on the season. He's just not hitting the GOAT heights of a couple of years back as he's slower and getting triple covered through the game, because when he isn't he's still finding soft spots to get receptions.

Calidus posted:

Can Chiefs get Mahomes on one of those Ohtani contracts with a bunch of deferred money that will get swapped for ownership in a decade?

No. But the Chiefs can restructure up to $34 million off next years cap hit of $57 million if they wanted to.

With another $12 million saved by kicking MVS out the door, there's plenty of room to upgrade if they find the right trade/FA. Veach's stinginess and relative draft success over the last couple of years gives the Chiefs a surprising amount of wriggle room.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744788817796563423?s=20

Raiders making a push for some pre-season Superbowls

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Hardman came back on the roster and almost hosed us so badly

He had so much credit in the bank in the post-season for us (in 2019-20 especially) that I am glad that it didn't gently caress us.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Allegretti must have had a good game subbing in for Thuney at least because no one seemed to notice at the time.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

The transformation is nearly complete.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

I think the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders should temporarily merge into an NFL Kaiju using the best players from each team and grind the Chiefs into paste until Mahomes retires a shattered and broken shell of a man and then we can resume our regularly scheduled slap fights and poo poo posting with the knowledge that we did a great service to football fans everywhere.

No idea what to call the Kaiju team yet

Clearly Herbie is the QB and I'll be glad that I get to finally root for him since he seems like a good dude

Defense is gonna be lit with Maxx finally getting help across the line

In Steagles tradition, your team can be the West Coast Choncers/Chonkers

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Where do we think the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers are trending? Up? Down? Steady? Chiefs are obviously trending up, but the other three are enigmas

We don't know who the QBs for Raiders and Broncos are. So until that's sorted I'd refuse to comment on their prospects.

For the Chargers, the massive coaching upgrade likely trumps the cap casualties. Without seeing the full off-season, I think the chargers will bounce back to wild card contenders next year. Depends entirely on the draft and whether Herbert can stay injury free for a full season.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I feel like Donovan Smith being a FA after his one year contract is being a little overlooked. Do the Chiefs have someone on the roster they trust to play LT? Or would they move Jawaan and plug in another cheaper FA at RT?

At the moment, it would be Wanya Morris who subbed in for a month in the regular season. He was fairly mediocre (better as a run blocker), but he was a 3rd round rookie drafted to develop based on toolsy traits.

With Smith, Prince Tega Wanogho (who started the season as the swing tackle) and Allegretti all hitting free agency there's going to be some new faces in the OL next year. I genuinely believe that if the Chiefs draft at 32 it'll be for a lineman. If Guyton is there, I reckon he's the pick.

I would also expect a day 3 OL player to develop like Allegretti did and a double dip for WR (One at 64 and one on day 3 sounds about right).

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs will take no WR they’re publicly linked to.

Usually I would agree, most of the smoke relating to WR will likely be misdirection.

I do remember them hosting Rashee Rice in for formal visit last year - https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/30/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-draft-smu-rashee-rice-top-30-visit/

I'd really, really like to see Xavier Worthy in the Chiefs Offense too.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
So Nate Taylor (Athletic's beat writer) just dropped the bombshell that the Colts were one of 5 teams with serious interest in trading for Sneed. What the Colts have over the other 4 teams (Lions, Patriots, Vikings, Falcons) is a player that they've tagged that the Chiefs might be interested in...

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

If you want to see who the Chiefs draft dig a little and find out who goes down to Texas and throws the ol pigskin around with Mahomes in an informal, totally not a tryout, totally not a practice get together BBQ and fun event.

Rice and Flowers last summer and if Flowers fell he'd be a Chief.

Quentin Johnston was there too, and imagine if he dropped to 32 instead. :dogbutton:

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767290529039999101?s=20

"Compete" - Minshew is going to crush O'Connell.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
It worked with Sammy Watkins

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Jody Fortson is gone... ...who will Chiefs fans predict as a breakout candidate every year now

Justyn Ross

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

apparently this guy can't be trusted?

Let's see why people might say that:

On September 6, 2017, Carton was arrested by federal agents at his home in New York City on criminal charges of securities fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy to commit those offenses. Carton, Michael Wright, Dean Heiser and Joseph Meli were alleged to have defrauded $4.8 million from investors by falsely claiming that the group had access to millions of dollars of face-value concert tickets through nonexistent agreements with concert promoters. Although Carton proved in court via witness testimony and the Government also confirmed that he had bought the tickets in question, a parallel civil complaint filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Carton used some of the funds from a ticket investor for gambling and only purchased the tickets at a later date. Trial testimony further proved that Carton had no existing gambling debt at the time when the alleged fraud was perpetrated. The question became whether his credit-card purchase of the tickets five weeks after he had allegedly misappropriated the funds that he had received for ticket purchases constituted fraud. Carton's lawyers argued that money is fungible and, as such, the manner in which Carton had purchased the tickets was not significant as long as he actually purchased them as he claimed. The jury accepted the government's version of events, and based on the evidence found Carlton guilty.

Carton was convicted of fraud on November 7, 2018, in Manhattan federal court after a week-long trial. Sentencing was scheduled for February 27, 2019, before being delayed until March 15. Carton was sentenced on April 5 to three and a half years in prison and ordered to make restitution of $4.8 million. He reported to the United States Penitentiary, Lewisburg minimum-security satellite camp on June 17, 2019, to begin serving a minimum of 36 months of a maximum 42-month sentence.

Carton was released from prison to a halfway house on June 23, 2020, and ultimately to home confinement. While in federal prison, he completed a 500-hour cognitive behavioral therapy course that made him eligible for release. Carton served his entire sentence and was released from federal custody on June 8, 2021.

:allbuttons:

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
League has a limited tackle count. (Usually 6 tackles before the ball is turned over). This, and a lower number of players on the pitch means there is a stronger emphasis on passing/off-loads. League is actually a great sport to watch, compared to kick and chase muck that is Union.

JRZ is a Union winger, which the probably the position which is most similar with their League counterparts. They are the fastest players on the pitch and are most involved in scoring tries (as scoring on the wing usually limits the number of tacklers compared to the middle of the field - as passes need to be backwards/sideways, most passing is designed to move the ball quickly across to change the angle of attacker and limit the number of defenders involved)

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I'd like to find a second long term starter at DT as well to replace Nnadi as starter and O-Line depth is required with Allegretti gone (and Thuney/Smith not guaranteed to be here from 2025 onwards) but yeah I'd be happy to go BPA through the rounds.

I think the order the Chiefs would love the first 3 rounds to go would probably be

OT, WR, DT or IOL

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1783700782967079050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

a neat cape posted:

On the one hand I really really want a WR at 37. Keon Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey would all be great.

But on the other hand I would really love Jackson Powers Johnson

Kris Jenkins it is