Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My hopelessly optimistic predition:

pre:
Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Additionally, at the end of the season the AFC West will extend invites to Stanford and Cal, relegating the Las Vegas Raiders to the Mountain West. UNLV will protest, but will be outvoted by the rest of the conference.

Finally, I will homer it up and draft Broncos players in all my Fantasy Football Leagues at least a couple of rounds before anyone else would, and will miss the playoffs as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely curious... is anyone aware of any analytics studies that have tried to quantify "injury prone" as anything other than a label applied after the fact to someone that has had a lot of injuries?

I would expect that it's a real thing and that some players are more skilled than others in absorbing hits (see Tua after Judo vs Tua before) and some players are playing in an uncontrolled manner to try to match pace with more gifted players, but I've never seen an attempt to quantify it.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

waffle enthusiast posted:

I, for one, never doubted Jerry Jeudy.

The most important thing is beating the Chiefs, but I also am very happy that some Broncos have hopefully increased their trade value

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Simplex posted:

Mahomes, Allen, Dobbs one-by-one the mighty shall fall.

I mean, Chris Collinsworth basically said Dobbs was Mahomes ...

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

solarjetman posted:

The thread title prophecy has been fulfilled. Next time I think I'll get the Reuben sandwich.

Russ is out, Stidham ain't it, the Broncos are starting over.

I think the Broncos are now locked in for the 12th pick. At this point, I think it's necessary to spend that on a QB, and I'm pretty sure more QBs than Williams and Maye are going to be gone by then. I used to think we could trade down and still get Penix Jr, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Brandon Perna did a really good piece recently about how the Broncos absolutely need to get one of the top 5 QBs because they can't afford to sign a quality free agent QB, like Qirk, and just how many teams early in the draft will be wanting a QB as well, and how J.J. McCarthy is absolutely not the answer.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Broncos will have no interest in Chargers running back nearing the end of his career until he demonstrates a penchant for fumbling.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
THE BRONCOS SEASON IS SAVED!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1782476288776663309

For a completely unrelated topic, how is the 2025 QB draft class?

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

It never ceases to amaze me when teams make lovely uniform changes and random internet people make infinitely better mock-ups in less than 5 minutes

Committees and upper management.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ort posted:

Broncos gained a 6th for a 7th to take him and don’t even pay all of his paycheck. Not a bad deal?

The opposite. They gave up a 6th (#203) in exchange for Wilson and a 7th (#256) and NY retaining half his salary.

The Broncos had 2 6th rounders ... #203 and #207, and this was the higher of the two, so it's a late round swap, but it's 53 spots which makes it almost a 2 round difference.

Pick #203 was obtained from the Browns as part of the Jerry Jeudy trade, and it was originally Houston's and was part of the Deshawn Watson trade.

Pick #256 is the second to last pick in the draft, and was a compensatory pick awarded to the Jets. I normally don't like seeing picks spent on punters, but if Tory Taylor is available at 256, I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos grab him.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

On the one hand I really really want a WR at 37. Keon Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey would all be great.

But on the other hand I would really love Jackson Powers Johnson

The monkey paw will grant you one Luke McCaffrey.