Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

waffle enthusiast posted:

He was 27 for 34, with 2 TDs and no ints. Decent QBR. He was also far more mobile than at any point in the season last year, and looked good when out of the pocket. He wasn’t the reason the Broncos lost that game.

if he just replicates that against a competent defense, things will be looking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

He walked off the field under his own power last night

His body autopiloted off the field but I'm willing to bet he will have no memory of it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

He's maybe approaching Peyton at the end in Denver

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

typical non-clutch Herbert being unstoppable on 4th down again

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

youtube suggested his live stream reaction of the game to me

not normally something I'd consider watching 4 hours of, but I'm morbidly curious to see someone be engulfed by 70 points of horror

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

personally I'd claim I quit, wouldn't be great to have to admit that was the best you could do

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The league developed a batch of QB super serum and simply bided its time for the ideal candidate who could keep the Raiders down from their own division

Unfortunate about the side effects making you sound like Kermit the Frog though

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

happy that the Raiders could help Mack immediately go from underwhelming to good this season

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Seems like it'd be impossible to find a metric for that when the baseline injury rate is so high

A little worse luck than normal basically lands you in the realm of injury prone

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

capncthulhu posted:

Yeah KC had a bad day. Mahomes was sick or whatever. They didn't play well enough to win the game, It's that simple. I am a KC homer and even I know this is not working. We might be speed running the Patriots end game where we don't have enough good targets to be viable and our generational QB gets sick of it. I don';t honestly think that but that is a possibility.
The defense is good, for once. A young team has room to grow but there aren't enough veterans in the receiving room to teach them how it's done. Toney is probably a bust, Moore is not what we wanted. Rice is coming along nicely, I really like him. And the guy out on IR. I'm sure there are a few I am missing but it isn't good. We have the best TE in the game but after that a few dudes.
Hey sorry guys I'm drunk and talking smack. Feel free to destroy me in the comments as you wish.

or they'll just immediately bounce back from an ugly loss, because no team is perfect and the floor on an offense with Mahomes is merely being good

lol Broncos though, extremely funny loss

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

where's MrLogan at

I got pulled away for a while during the game earlier and I need someone to catch me up on what the refs did to steal this victory

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Hopefully we jettison both McDaniels and Jimmy G this off season.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

do raiders fans miss having someone who can throw a deep ball

perhaps this prompt firing was the enraged corpse of Al Davis shambling out of its crypt as the clock struck midnight on Halloween and threatening his goofy kid that a passing performance like Monday night could never happen again

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

As if that was even a possibility

I was about to skip this game and the first quarter baited me into thinking something funny could happen, even though I knew better

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Maxx is nuts posted:

Maxx Crosby, who has been dealing with a knee injury since Week 2 but had not missed a defensive snap since Oct. 22, said he spent Thursday in an area hospital with "some real issues going on...all types of s---," including "some infections" that had him "down for the count for a few days."

The Las Vegas Raiders two-time Pro Bowl edge rusher would not go into more detail about his ailments but after becoming the first of 67 players to be listed as doubtful to play and still suit up this season, Crosby acknowledged he was "in a lot of f---ing pain" during the Raiders' 31-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday.

best coaching call of the game was the late timeout to finally get him out of there when it was definitely over and he'd already collapsed on the previous play

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's sad, but also kinda funny, to watch Herbert trapped in the same limbo that Carr always was, except with more personal talent and team potential being wasted

and all of that just gets summed up as a QB problem despite evidence of everything else

maybe he can escape before it's too late

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I started season just wanting the Broncos to fail hard so that the Raiders had a partner in the division dumpster, but now I would definitely prefer the chaos option of them stealing the Division

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

It was a whole lot cooler when the Chiefs allegedly got all the calls.

sorry your team acquired the biggest doofus in the league at both WR and Tackle who are so hopeless the refs can't even ignore it

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

Ah yes, so that's why Von Miller wasn't called for an even more egregious offsides the next down.

chat it up with MrLogan about adjusting the Chiefs wins for ref bias, that's his dept.

best I can offer is some condolences for things regressing slightly towards the mean after all the good breaks in recent years

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Having any particular dedication to loathing the Raiders is just confusing to me at this point

A near complete comedy of failure for 2 decades now, with the briefest blip of potential that still ended in comical disaster, and the run of success just before that also ending in complete embarrassment

Exactly how old do you have to be to even feel bothered or threatened by their presence

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

can't really disagree with the Raiders fans callout, fair enough shot there

the handful of Raiders games I've been to were all away games against the Titans and more than one of them involved happening to sit close enough to some other random Raiders fan who was determined to show their rear end the whole time

I don't think I made it past 05-06ish before abandoning all Raiders specific boards and never looking back, our resident gimmick poster here has nothing on a forum full of people deluding themselves into every single late stage Al Davis coaching/roster decision actually being brilliant

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The worst Raider fan experience I was alluding to was a random dude who ended up a couple seats away from me in the 6th row around the 35-40 yard line in Nashville

Dude was drunk before kickoff and trying to hit on someone's wife in the next row down, before eventually spilling a beer all over the backs of their seats, also just showed his rear end the whole time by incoherently cheering and talking poo poo no matter what just happened on the field

Extra embarrassing when me and the other person I was with were next to him, so it looked like a trio of Raiders fans there as a group, especially when this idiot was trying to high five us after every play

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

waffle enthusiast posted:

I just turned this game on. lol what kind of team allows 63 points?

Herbert just isn't clutch

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

yeah wow those refs are just handing the game to the Chiefs, it's a real blow out

you can only do so much for that lackluster effort the Chiefs O is putting out

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think its gonna take the last two games being competitive losses at minimum

If they get poo poo canned in either of them and don't win one then it's just enough time for the great vibes from this week to fade and Mark Davis can start getting genius ideas for his next big coach/GM regime

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's been an interesting experiment to find the limits of what it takes for the best QB to succeed

I was simultaneously terrified of inevitable Mahomes bullshit earlier, and amazed at how little it worked out

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

too bad KC already forced the narrative to cash in on "everybody doubted us", cause this year it'd be earned

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

the Chiefs have the greatest QB in the league, and a brilliant offensive mind at head coach, all they need are some gimmicky offcasts at receiver

Andy can coach em' up and Pat will have no problems elevating their game with his own level of play

also, I'm posting from the year two thousand and twenty one

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Those poor fans, they'll have to *racist gesture* twice as hard now to build up some body heat

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

I think I can comfortably say (again) that trading Tyreek Hill was the right move.

good thing there's no chance of this looking silly in the next week or two

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

There is no development

Congratulations

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

Gotcha, I was clearly referring to the crybaby poo poo specifically.

Don't let Mr Logan see that chart, he might crumble into dust since it ruins his gimmick

Or maybe I'm reading the chart wrong and am dumb as gently caress which is a distinct possibility

Either way, Raiders least penalized team this year must hurt his soul

The Conspiracy knows he's onto them and this season was a false flag to provide cover while the league knew that McDaniels would sabotage any chance they had at success.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Keep being a wet blanket to the Chiefs posters itt, non-Chiefs posters, it's always appreciated

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

Also, gently caress the Chiefs.

:hai:

being a hater should be an unapologetic exercise for any team in straight up dynasty mode

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

Weirdly, Mahomes and Reid are more likable than Brady and Belichick, which paradoxically makes them worse heels and thus more unlikable.

nailed it, there was zero dissonance with Bellicheck heading the antagonist dynasty empire

Darth Andy is bad casting

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Mahomes likability has evaporated with every camera cut to his exasperated reactions that have all the petulant energy of a six year old being told to pick up their toys, the dissonance of likeability is taking care itself at this rate

Reid still feels like a real human being you wouldn't mind spending 10 minutes around, which is really saying something on the spectrum of NFL coach personalities

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Oh no not the dissonance of likability ..

Don't snark me, that's upsetting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Oh no not the dissonance of likability ..

It wouldn't be half the subject it is if Chiefs fans could just accept the uptick of pissy moments on the field are gonna draw ire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Metapod posted:

It's fine to not like a guy for being the best and stomping your team but lol the twists and turns some people go to try to justify it like it's not just dude kills you

I can't recall any past grief for Mahomes itt, outside of him being disgustingly good at owning the division, until the extremely forced fake underdog narrative around the last SB win happened, and this season's focus on Pat being demonstrably cranky on the field.

It's not even his fault, at least on the part that the cameras now absolutely love to catch every single reaction he has to his bad receivers and relatively struggling offense, but no one's gonna skip a chance to mock the whiny energy surrounding the current dynasty franchise when the figurehead is making silly little mad faces all the time and caps it off with a big ol' messy outburst and a laughable presser to boot.