Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I have a plan Chiefs trade 3 first for Marvin Harrison Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

If they truly want to move on from letting Russ cook, I think they will more or less need to dump off any remaining decent player.

Are you proposing they get so bad Russ retires so they can get out of his contract?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Kull the Conqueror posted:

If we're not getting a QB we should get a dang tackle.

The LT out of PSU looks very good, probably would have been a top 15 pick last year. He’s probably top 5 this year assuming health.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Nervous posted:

I didn't think it was possible for this year's thread title to be more aspirational than last year's, but here we are.

I can start listing replacements for Brandon Staley if you want get really aspirational

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

Hello again Mecole….

Can he take all the sky moore snaps please

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I learned Spags is only coordinator to win a superbowl with two different franchises. That seems insane but I guess makes sense with how coordinators get poached for head coaching jobs.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

GM couldn’t trade one of the best WRs for a first to save his job.

Edit: So is Adams going to be the most expensive security blanket for a Rookie QB ever? Or will they move him.

Calidus fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 1, 2023

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

How many College teams have a better top 3 WRs than the chiefs? Ohio State yes. Texas, Washington, LSU maybe?

The top end of college WR talent has been stupidly good the last few years.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Hin site being 20/20, blah blah blah. Chiefs should have probably gone more all in. Jones is probably gone after this year and the positive value of Kelce’s contract probably peaked. I think they might have done it if they didn’t win a superbowl with rookie corners.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The Chiefs receivers are even more frustrating when you look at how much receiver talent there is in the NFL right now and how much of it is on Rookie contracts.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The CEH picks looks gross now with Higgins being the next pick and Swift and Taylor at RB in the next 10 picks.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Talking heads would have me believe Bill is begging Kraft to fire him now.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Toney is either a loony toons character or he has gambling debts that he needs to pay off.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

kiimo posted:

Toney seems like he'd be really good at volleyball

Looks like more of a keep the balloon off the floor type of guy to me

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The Chargers are going to hire eric bieniemy or is that to logical for the organization?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The chiefs winning the Super Bowl, Kelce retires and the front office puts an even more anemic WR room together would be a really funny timeline.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

You got so many little things it’s hard to figure out cause and effect:

- Naggy vs Bienemy
- Kelce not playing like a good TE and not someone in GOAT conversation
- A WR that doesn’t have a clear WR1, JuJu can’t get on field for pats which makes this even weirder
- Two new tackles who don’t seem significantly better than last year?
- A front office that looked like geniuses for trading Hill and winning a superbowl

Can Chiefs get Mahomes on one of those Ohtani contracts with a bunch of deferred money that will get swapped for ownership in a decade?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Simplex posted:

Think about how funny that would be if they didn't even win a playoff game.

Let the bills get their revenge game this year, is perfectly fine with me.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Dam Broncos might actually cut Russ and take the cap hit in 24 and 25. $35 million and $45 million in dead cap is brutal.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Penix is 17 months older than Stroud and has had surgery on both knees, but he throws a great ball. That has desperate GM written all over it.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

kiimo posted:

if you can throw like Stroud who needs knees

Since the tush push is legal can we have RB push a QB around in a wheel chair?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

MVS final 2023 campaign: 21 catches for 315 yards and 1 TD.

Not too bad for the presumable WR1 entering the season. 11m well spent. I think he played more snaps than any other receiver in the first half of the season.

Now do the math of dollar per yards/receptions and compare it to Hill.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

So maybe that plan to spend the whole season bringing Rice along slowly so he is ready for the playoffs was a good one.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Chiefs beat Bills in dramatic fashion, follow it with slug fest against the Raven. Then beat SF again in the rematch. The parade starts everyone is having a blast two shadowy figures appear dressed in black and reds. The fog clears Bill and Tom are in Falcons gear and proclaim they coming back to stop the Chiefs. Tom says “I have got a TE too.” Cut to Gronk and Kelce doing keg stands being completely clueless.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I would love to know if ex college coaches actually draft better in the short term. Seahawks did pretty well when Carrol started but I feel like everyone after him was a disaster.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

If Chiefs lose Jones is gone, but I’m curious if band would stick together for a chance at a 3 peat.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

TY NFL owners for having no interest in Spags.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Kull the Conqueror posted:

So are you guys ready to apologize to MVS or are you worried you might jinx it for the super bowl

He probably done enough that he doesn’t get cut for cap space which isn’t something I would have said 6 weeks ago but Sneed number might change this.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

a neat cape posted:

What should the other teams try then

Clone Hamilton

Calidus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 2, 2024

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

No clue where the money is coming from but sure I would love see Barkley with a QB who can actually stretch the field.

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1753435140632560018?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

No why

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39460077/patrick-mahomes-sr-arrested-texas-dwi-charge

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Back to Back without Hill wasn’t something I expected. I honestly thought it would take them a couple years. Jones was amazing, he getting paid!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

Please pay jones and sneed

Pretty sure both isn’t on the table, I am just hoping someone doesn’t god father offer Sneed.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

kiimo posted:

I thought the same thing, but Brett Veach is out there, saying he’s trying to sign them both

I wonder if they can convince mahomes to mortgage future for a chance at a three peat. I’m pretty sure nothing stops them from turning him into a $100 million cap hit a 2026, to free up money in short term.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The Mahomes doesn’t run unless it’s the 4th quarter of a playoff game, and oh my the way he actually pretty good at it, is just brutal. Reid is going randomly pull out a QB sneak in 2026 after years of not running it.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I am surprised Humphrey graded out that well, after the crappy snaps.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Pay a WR, Pay Sneed, Pay CJ, Pay a Tackle

Pick 2, is rough

WR being so deep in this draft makes easier to talk yourself into Rice with experience + Pick 32 being better than what you had this year.

I am really curious who Spags would pick between Sneed and Jones. His confidence in his CB gives him so much freedom but Jones is just so good.

Edit: I am coming around to idea that maybe I don’t care if your LT gets all the holding penalties as long as Mahomes doesn’t get lit up.

Calidus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2024

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Can they cut Moore without cap penalty? I don’t know how 2nd round contracts work.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

What happens at top of draft with OT and WR probably forces the Chiefs hand? The top 2 tackles and top 3 WRs are all great prospects and I think a bunch teams in top 10 will be making a choice between the two positions. Which will have ripple effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The all time Chiefs team is starting to rival the traditional choices of Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Pats.