Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

LiquidFriend posted:

Please give us your updated predictions. Thank you.

I mean, I was right except for the Broncos. This year:

1. Raiders
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Russell.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

It's really insane how much the '22 off season was "Let's get our teams better to beat the Chiefs, the Chiefs don't have Tyreek anymore, let's get them" and then it turned into the Chiefs just stunting on everyone

I have opinions about this.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

Like Brady, Mahomes seems to have the ability to curse the rest of his division to mediocrity and stupidity. be the face of the NFL and the league will make sure he doesn't lose.

More accurate.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yes that’s why the raiders can’t beat him. That’s it.

I mean, if you watched any of their games the last few years...

Grittybeard posted:

You do have many opinions about football that prove that you don't watch it.

Such as

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for the free rent.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Ya it rules. Bow to the kings.

This is the correct take for Chief fans.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Why do Raiders v Chargers games always have to be heart attack games?

Congrats to the Chargers to on the win.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

That's pretty funny.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

For sale: cooking ingredients, never used.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The337th posted:

where's MrLogan at

I got pulled away for a while during the game earlier and I need someone to catch me up on what the refs did to steal this victory

This was just a straight loss. Jimmy G is bad. I don't think I've ever seen a QB who refuses to set his feet as much as Jimmy G does. Every time he's in the pocket he starts getting happy feet.

Hopefully we jettison both McDaniels and Jimmy G this off season. I can't believe we went from the best roster in the NFL in 2022 to this garbage.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Simplex posted:

I think he's that textbook case of a guy who was borderline dirty throughout his career that once he loses a step is just plain dirty.

Ah, a Clay Matthews.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

dingo with a joint posted:

I would have naively figured that WRs would be lining up to be Pat's WR1. Is it that the Chiefs offer bad contracts? Is it that receivers think everyone will go "oh he's just getting good numbers cuz Pat's throwing to him"? Why aren't the good receivers knocking down the door to BV's office?

Meyers was the best FA WR last year, it wasn't a great year to try and get one in FA. 2024 should be better:

Tee Higgins
Michael Pittman
Mike Evans
Marquise Brown
Calvin Ridley
Darnell Mooney
Tyler Boyd
Gabriel Davis
Michael Thomas
D.J. Chark

But other than Higgins/Ridley it seems like a bunch of guys you'd want as your WR2.

E: Forgot Noah Brown.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Spicy take:

Herbert is overrated.

I feel like Herbert is the Charger's Derek Carr.

Top 10 QB who has to change OC every year and never has a defense.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

It was a whole lot cooler when the Chiefs allegedly got all the calls.

It's been less than a year since the Chiefs were handed the AFCW, #1 seed, AFCCG, and Superbowl by the league. It's been two weeks since they were given the game against the Raiders.

The league isn't going to let them miss the divisional round, calm down.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

He already cleared it up. The Chiefs are being handed the Super Bowl again soon.

Whew.

But in reality, I am amazed at how stupid all of the wide receivers are this year. It's impressive.

I don't know if they will be handed the superbowl again. But at the very least they'll be handed a WC game if it's in danger.

Like the Bills were versus the Dolphins last year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Can you tell me the rest of the script? I would like to just know it now and skip the rest of the year. Thanks.

Chiefs get the #1 seed in the AFC. They beat the Jags in the divisional round. Beat the Dolphins in the AFFCG. Lose to the Niners in the SB.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The337th posted:

can't really disagree with the Raiders fans callout, fair enough shot there

the handful of Raiders games I've been to were all away games against the Titans and more than one of them involved happening to sit close enough to some other random Raiders fan who was determined to show their rear end the whole time

I don't think I made it past 05-06ish before abandoning all Raiders specific boards and never looking back, our resident gimmick poster here has nothing on a forum full of people deluding themselves into every single late stage Al Davis coaching/roster decision actually being brilliant

I've literally never had an issue at any football games I've been to except for a Bear's fan getting handsy.

I feel like most people just are happy to watch some football and have a good time at stadiums.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Spoken like someone who does not sit in the upper deck.

I usually try and get Row 1 in the upper deck of whatever stadium I visit. You get a really good view.

When I visited First Energy, I sat in Row 1 in the end zone and you couldn't see anything when the ball was on the other side of the field.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

Gotcha, I was clearly referring to the crybaby poo poo specifically.

Don't let Mr Logan see that chart, he might crumble into dust since it ruins his gimmick

Or maybe I'm reading the chart wrong and am dumb as gently caress which is a distinct possibility

Either way, Raiders least penalized team this year must hurt his soul

The chart doesn't account for things like uncalled penalties. Refs still scammed the Raiders out of two games this year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

Weirdly, Mahomes and Reid are more likable than Brady and Belichick, which paradoxically makes them worse heels and thus more unlikable.

Harbaugh, Reid, Payton, and wildcard Pierce should be hella fun next season though. Easy to imagine some Harbaugh Payton beef

Neither Mahomes or Reid are likable.

Unless you think Tyreek Hill was also likable for some reason?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Daltos convinced me Hester didn’t deserve it.

Daltos also convinced me that Hester shouldn't be in and that tipping culture is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Chargers / Chiefs battles are about to get a lot more competitive in my opinion.

Did Herbert start doing State Farm commercials or something?