Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Toney is too high. He may bounce back but uh… just put him in front of a jugs machine for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

They gave him a bunch of bonus incentives for things he's already hit in his career, so he's likely seeing another 4-5 million after the holdout.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1701593328838668438?s=46&t=BSzhFErQ6N9N1FAHwRiTEg

Not really. He was down three and a half million just from missing camp and game one. If he gets to 15 sacks he’s a little positive. All he did was add any of those incentives to next years cap if he hits them.

He’s made first team all pro once and he won’t be DPOY. And both of those are dependent on team performance too. He really accomplished… nothing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He gets back on the field to keep his tag number high for 2024, and surely he fires those agents.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So that new Mahomes deal.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes that’s why the raiders can’t beat him. That’s it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The broncos aren’t “lose to the bears” bad. Let alone by 23.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think I may have been wrong about the broncos.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

More Ross and Rice and less Skyy and MVS.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m pretty sure Watson broke his arm so it’s gonna get dire soon.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Toney was integral to the Super Bowl win. If he never produces again he will have been worth it.

Gotta get him off the field for now though and find more big bodies for Pat.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Where the hell is Frank Clark going to line up in rotation with Anudike, Karlaftis, Danna, and Omenihu?

Does Omenihu slide inside?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No money for receivers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Colts last year.

Titans the year before.

I more just wish they could have someone reliable besides Kelce to throw to. Gray looks like he’s got hands, and Watson is doing a good job, but it’s pretty barren after that.

I think Rice could be good but he’s got the dropsies and they aren’t getting better.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Some sort of amphetamine and Imodium

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We are getting Mahomes his own plane.

With hookers.

And blackjack.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The patriot way

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rice is turning into something.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

dingo with a joint posted:

I would have naively figured that WRs would be lining up to be Pat's WR1. Is it that the Chiefs offer bad contracts? Is it that receivers think everyone will go "oh he's just getting good numbers cuz Pat's throwing to him"? Why aren't the good receivers knocking down the door to BV's office?

Not sure there have been a lot of great free agent WR1s since they traded Tyreek away.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Strobe posted:

It's not just Toney even though this is the most recent visible gently caress up. The whole WR room is an undisciplined mess that a 1.5 of them at a time can overcome with talent and luck.

Fire Matt Nagy. Or whoever the WR coach is.

He’s a first year WR coach who also sucks poo poo.

I’m almost to the point I’d be relieved if they missed the playoffs but I know they could theoretically get hot any point if they made it.

Or they could if they had a single loving receiver they could trust.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If you were watching football in the 90s and then you know FTR

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

https://x.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1737893696744345699?s=20

I think this is a mistake, on both counts. Below is the proper WR room for the playoffs:

Rashee Rice
Justin Watson
CEH
Noah Gray
Justyn Ross

Leave everyone else off the field.

The fact that we are actively asking for CEH should be all the indictment needed on Toney, Moore, and MVS.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hey, if they manage to pull their heads out of their asses and win, it will be a great story.

When they don’t, I’d assume there will be a rebuilt WR room and praying for EB to come back and Nagy to gently caress offffffff.

Take Embree with you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They have 48M in cap space next year with only cutting MVS.

96M the following year. They’ll make some moves. Jawaan Taylor can’t be until 2025.

Cutting Toney gets you nothing. Skyy gets you 800k. Watson gets you 2M. I’d probably only keep Watson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If the Chiefs lose out (possible) and the Broncos win out then they take the division.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They’re doing all this to appease Payton who will be gone in two years anyway.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That’s quite the take.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They haven’t accepted that Blake Bell isn’t the next Kelce still, so Gray is splitting snaps with him.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I remember him dropping a pass recently.

In the end zone. Raiders game.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Calidus posted:

Since the tush push is legal can we have RB push a QB around in a wheel chair?

Peyton Manning had his entire defense carry him around his final year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah the fact that Davis signed him makes me wonder what terrible secret he’s harboring to make this a bad hire.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

You made it sound surprising that they made their *checks notes* 6th consecutive conference championship game. The only people doom posting about the Chiefs are Chiefs fans caught up in the same stupid "they never believed in us" bullshit from last year right after winning their 2nd Superbowl in 3 appearances spanning 4 years.

I understand the Raiders haven't had success since you've been an adult, but lashing out like this is silly.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Being a chiefs fan rules right now.

My buddy wants to go to the Super Bowl and I am considering it.

It seems very dumb but I am considering it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Everyone wants to find some reason to be a little more mad the chiefs won.

Who cares? They’re in the Super Bowl.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The337th posted:

its your winning team and you seem the maddest, why?

I’m not mad. Don’t put it on the internet that I’m mad

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The337th posted:

sir, your monitor

gently caress!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That’s just mean

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thank you for your sacrifice.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You know one of those two smurfs did it

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Please pay jones and sneed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes it would be much more fun if the chiefs were just two football autists who never emoted.