Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Will Sean Payton eat all the Oxy's in a Walmart pharmacy?

What week of the season will Adams rage quit the Raiders?

27-0 should be a nice comfortable lead for the Chargers. Nothing could possibly go wrong with a lead so large. Right?

Will this be the LOST SEASON for the Chiefs when they hilariously blow some random September game?

Stay tuned for all your answers, and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Making sure this makes it to the new thread:

Prediction for standings:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chiefs
4. Chargers

Please give us your updated predictions. Thank you.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oddly enough, I feel the Raiders will be just mediocre until Jimmy explodes. Week 2? Will be quite the ride up until that point.

Sean Payton has Jimmy Johnson in Miami vibes, except with a washed up QB. Can't wait to see what they eventually give the Saints for Taysom Hill.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

If the Broncos are a bust again do you think they blame Russell or Payton

C. The Defense.

I think it takes a step back.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers escaped preseason without any significant injuries. So that's neat.
When they all fall like MASH on Week 1, we're gonna hide this post Ross.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I get to watch the banner go up from a hospital.

Will be a delightful Thursday night game.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Still mad at the chiefs RT no calls
Why? The Chargers got away with it for loving ever.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Yeah but I like them
If it's any consolation, I think it helped the Lions more than anything.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Even if they are a dumpster fire we have no room to bitch.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Did they forget Hill torching them when he was still in the AFC West? The amount of single coverage he drew was absurd.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Not only that, but they stuck the guy coming off of patella surgery on him on press man coverage
Oof.

In positive news, the Broncos went from scoring 16 points in their Week 1 road loss in 2022 to scoring 16 points in the Week 1 home loss in 2023.

Looking good.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

What does this even mean
He said Russ is fat and does not care about football. Hope that helps.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They really wanted to teach Taylor a lesson today.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha ho ho he he

Eric Bieniemy did not waste one last opportunity to hose the Broncos.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kalensc posted:

Last?

Can't you see "San Diego Head Coach Eric Bieniemy" coming to pass?
The Chargers had a chance to hire Bieniemy, but they are a stupid franchise. Don't see that changing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

They'll have a chance again!
And will hire one Matt Nagy.

It's crazy to think it's only Week 3 and this is kind of a must win for the Chargers.

waffle enthusiast posted:

The more I look at it, the more I’m convinced the Broncos are just a team without any depth/dynamism. Paton mortgaged the team to get Russ, it backfired, we’re stuck paying for it for five years. Playing “fine” is okay when you have the rest of an actual team around you, but Russ doesn’t and that means if he doesn’t step up, there’s no one else. We saw flashes of that with the bombs to Mims. But…there just isn’t enough playmaking ability on the rest of the squad and definitely not on the defensive side of the ball outside of PS2.
They have done an impressive job digging themselves deeper into the hole.

Russ clearly ain't it and they traded for a modern Jimmy Johnson to try and salvage that bad trade and contract. The alarm bells were heavy when nobody but Joseph wanted that DC job.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 18, 2023

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

There is something up with the OL. Creed the All Pro is hiking 8-10 balls into the dirt for some reason, and our RT is lining up like a high schooler. The WRs have an excuse they are all basically young and new to KC and developing both as individuals and with Mahomes, but the OL shouldn’t gently caress up so much.
Fat boys do not like to be in hot and humid weather.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hahahahaha

Hahahaha

Hahaha

70 points

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

We knew Vicodin Sean was washed up, but who knew he actually might be worse than Hackett

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

More accurate.

Ya it rules. Bow to the kings.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The referees were clearly biased against the Raiders and gave the league favorite Chargers the win with very favorable calls.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I can't believe the Chiefs benefited from a questionable defensive penalty on the Jets

Shocking
You mean the Sauce Gardner holding call that was a definite hold that was replayed to end the broadcast?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Yep sure that one
Yeah. That was holding, friend.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

That thing Elway refused to do 5 years ago.

Rebuild.
More or less I think that's why Payton is making 0 changes. Make it painfully obvious to the owners it's time to rebuild.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think when you're staring right at Caleb Williams, you'll accept sucking for a year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This thread is a land of contrasts.

Also, “rebuild” is not a plan. Rebuild how? Into what? On what time horizon?

More importantly, my point is that we need to hear it from one of Penner/Payton/Paton.
The Broncos have changed so many coaches that they just do not have an identity anymore.

Payton needs to define it and figure out who fits and does not and get rid of the players that don't.

Judging they are 1-4 with that one win being a barely against a trashcan, they have a lot of throwing away to come.

2023 has quickly turned into an evaluation year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not a shot either of them are taking snaps away from MVS.

Watch the film and you will see why.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

When I watch Rice play, it feels like they have truly found a legit replacement for Sammy Watkins. Finally.

They really just need someone to step up and at least fill the role that JuJu was filling. Too bad it seems Toney is just meh.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, that statement doesn't mean the trade wasn't worth it. Always will be.

It's just I'm not seeing long-term value in him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What’s the plan if Broncos pick at No. 2? We 100% don’t start a rebuild with a receiver. Move back and grab some extra picks or what?

Watching the Tim Jenkins breakdown today and he’s not kind to anyone.
That roster is just so drat depleted in general and they're stuck with Russ for at least one more year. Realistically, they really should be going pure BPA in this upcoming draft. I think Marvin Harrison Jr would make a lot of sense.

Get some prime players in place to have some help on that Offense when they do get a QB. Right now that Offensive roster just sucks out loud.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The D did alright last night, but it was thursday and weird stuff happens. I'm curious as to how bad the defensive roster is vs coaching. Like you can just look at the team play D and realize coaching is bad. Yes it is hard to cover Kelce but you don't need to just let him sit there and catch things. But other than Surtain what do you have going on for you?

Is this a situation where you could put players in a position to succeed or are you just screwed?
If they truly want to move on from letting Russ cook, I think they will more or less need to dump off any remaining decent player.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Teeth posted:

we gave up two 2025 late round picks to do the football equivalent of that alex jones pic where the before and after taking some sawdust supplement is just him getting redder

sure whatever
Wasn't even that. They just said ok we'll move back like 15 slots. The whole band will be back soon.

Just need Chiefsaholic to bail out for the full experience.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where the hell is Frank Clark going to line up in rotation with Anudike, Karlaftis, Danna, and Omenihu?

Does Omenihu slide inside?
When they go nascar, absolutely. That's where he was most productive last season.

You could even flip CJ to end in base packages for different looks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I did some yard work in the middle of the game and refilled my tub.

The win was never in doubt.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

First game I've intentionally skipped in years.
I......don't blame you. At least Staley is a dead man walking.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

We can only hope.

Well, I can. Probably better for you if he stays
Yes. Personally I hope Staley and Telesco get lifetime contracts.

Bias aside, it's time to clean house.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There's that annual what the gently caress loss.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ort posted:

Has anyone muffed more punts than Hardman? Do fans of all teams get nervous every single time a team punts to theirs?

I don’t know how you play football with the flu. I had it last year and it was the worst I’ve felt in years, I felt like I was going to die while vomiting. Mahomes had the worst of it the night before the game which means he was likely up all night puking and making GBS threads diarrhea. I couldn’t even do my desk job after that.
They had a dude that was doing great at returns and cut him for Hardman.

Still trying to understand that decision.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Cutting bait on the nucleus that the Raiders had coming off the playoff year to hire a bunch of Patriots trash never made any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

have you considered that the raiders are one of the most poorly run teams in sports
I'd never believe a grown man that dresses like a 9 year old would botch running an NFL franchise.