Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
When I was watching the chiefs receivers all mess up except MVS I was getting strong “Kelce’s not out here so someone has to step up” vibes. Like that was the message in the receiver room and it just put this crazy pressure on them and forced errors because they were trying to do too much or in their heads. You see this sometimes when a rookie gets like 2 snaps a game, too, they try to prove too much and fail.

We need a better WR coach or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo posted:

Also he'll be gone next year. Tag and trade. One last ride

Didn’t his contract go through the end of this year, anyway? He’s already being paid this year so what’s the point of a new one year extension for him to leave? These contract holdouts are weird.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Agreed. Though the Chiefs got insanely lucky that three different times a Jags WR couldnt get his drat feet down/catch the drat ball in the back of the endzone. Chiefs D was legit even if those catches were made.

Part of that has to be attributed to the DB play. The game did feel very “this was the jags game to lose” though.

kiimo posted:

Chiefs D is solid and those are great offenses they were playing against. The Mahomes and flexes situation will get worked out.

The thing I'm worried about, however, is the tackles sucking and generating an astounding number of penalties. That and my "sneaking suspicion" of Nagy being a problem is still not erased from the offseason.

Bieniemy clearly did more than we give him credit for.

I do not like Nagy from my years of watching him coach the bears and also have this suspicion.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos and Bears followed by the Jets. The next two weeks are make or break games.. that's loving sad.

Even if you beat the bears, how do you even feel good about that as a team as a rallying point? They’re so awful. I feel bad for some of these broncos players and also feel very bad for the bears receivers who probably get open and Fields is just blind to them half of the plays.

Pacheco fan club. Priest Holmes made me a chiefs fan so many years ago and we had a good stretch of RBs after, but has been pretty lame since Hunt. Big Runs are my favorite thing in football and this dude slaps.

Watson is the only guy catching passes every game. That one jumping catch Ross had blew my mind because I can’t even remember a time when we had a receiver who could make those types of catches. Too bad he dropped another later. I really think we should just start Ross and Rice and give them the reps and see what they can do. All of the waffling between different receivers doesn’t allow anyone to shine.

I feel like he’s more of a depth move, our d line has seemed better without him as a starter.

Has anyone muffed more punts than Hardman? Do fans of all teams get nervous every single time a team punts to theirs?

I don’t know how you play football with the flu. I had it last year and it was the worst I’ve felt in years, I felt like I was going to die while vomiting. Mahomes had the worst of it the night before the game which means he was likely up all night puking and making GBS threads diarrhea. I couldn’t even do my desk job after that.

I’ve been debating whether the defense is good or we’ve just played bad offenses but I think this game sealed it in favor of the defense and it’s such a relief after years of the opposite.

The offense only scored 2/3 of our points and half of the Dolphins points with that interception on our own 25.

Getting flashbacks to the Tampa bay super bowl with these drops. The games where we’re up all first half and looking great then not scoring all second half are the worst to watch, as a viewer.

Toney out again and Hardman on IR. After watching Toney for a season, I’m wondering if the reason he’s always hurt is because he jukes like 10x more than anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s always contorting his body in crazy ways which makes him elusive sometimes but the dude moves like Gumby and it can’t be good for his body.

The tank begins.

Part of me wonders how much of it is Mahomes being too positive in the off-season with the WR room talent. I can see him standing up for the guys saying “we have who we need” over and over because that’s been the mantra during the off-season and this season. Turns out, no you don’t.

How often is Noah Gray on the field? Is he out there not getting open, or are they just not doing two TE sets often? He seems like a better receiver than anyone else besides the backs and Rice and Kelce.

The one saying he runs like a kid trying on new shoes at a shoe store has been my favorite.

Tee Higgins would be such a good pickup if he could stay healthy.

I do not want another chiefs bills playoff game, they are so stressful every time.

I knew the second Hardman got the ball it wouldn’t go well. Dude just tries to do too much because he has an ego and thinks he’s better than he is. It’s first down just take the yards.

He’s always frustrated me and for every TD he’s scored there’s a muffed punt to go against it.

Hell yeah winning though. Hope Rice isnt too banged up.

When I see Mahomes complaining 90% of me thinks he’s just doing everything he can for his team. Like if there’s a chance complaining gets you a first down, why not try? I don’t think he actually cares about the stuff he’s complaining about as much as it looks like. His press conference whining about that offsides penalty fuels the remaining 10% of my belief that he is just whiny.

Being a chiefs fan is fun as hell. This team just brings it in the playoffs, Kelce came to play. 2 weeks for injuries to heal up in…another Super Bowl hell yeah.

The337th posted:

self doubting is fair game usually

trying to crack back on outside doubters who were at least partially hearing the doom forecast coming from KCFT fans themselves is just off the charts refusal to embrace your dynasty and stop acting like anything can be stolen from you by people's takes

5/6 people in the pregame picked the ravens, it’s fun when your team overcomes the odds even if it’s not up to whatever weird bar you’ve set for everyone.

That game felt like the entire season compressed into one night. Mistakes, turnovers, dropped passes for the first half, some slight competence, then everything running smoothly by the 4th quarter, all tied in with a defense keeping us in the game.

FA receivers are looking few and far between for the Chiefs to pick up. Better get Jerry Jeudy.

The Sneed situation is kind of nice, as a fan. Like we either trade him for a much needed receiver, most likely, or we just keep a great corner. Not even sure who’s left as a receiver choice besides Higgins.

When I think of Hollywood Brown, I just think “another Mecole Hardman”. I haven’t paid attention to him since his rookie year but I don’t remember anything to get excited about. Someone change my mind.

Metapod posted:

catch the ball

You’ve done the job well, I’m in. He is a speed guy? Or more of an over the middle guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broncos gained a 6th for a 7th to take him and don’t even pay all of his paycheck. Not a bad deal?