Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Maggy posted:

i still really liked REsistance and Evil Dead

REsistance seemed like it was fun but Capcom killed it for... not being a runaway success right off? I was unclear on why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Being attached to a 60 dollar title was so loving stupid. Was basically DOA on PC at least, could only get games the first few days RE3make launched.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i legitimately am unsure how many people who owned RE3make even knew they owned REsistance. like, they put out that campaign a week after it came out going "Play REsistance! You fuckin own it!" basically

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The other really weird thing I remember was that the characters all had a ton of dialogue but you only ever heard yours.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Yardbomb posted:

DBD still sucks, but TCM has been fun so far.

Although Johnny feels like a bad jack of all trades, he can't kill you like Bubba, he can't chase you like Hitchhiker or Sissy, he doesn't have any powerful utility like Cook, it feels like he finds your footsteps and 99% of the time it just leads to something he can't get past while the victim's long gone, hell I was playing a level 0, no points invested at all Sonny yesterday, just kept slipping between one of the small gaps on this Johnny over and over and over, nobody else ever came to do anything and he DC'd after enough of it, literally helpless in the face of my ability to turn sideways. I've seen some people suggest that maybe in the face of a redesign, he could like, put some corrugated metal or something on top of wells like a hatch, which victims would need to struggle to pull off for a second and honestly that'd be cool, but I feel like that ain't happening.

I main Johnny, and actually I think he is currently one of the stronger killers in the game but he has a high skill floor.

First off the obvious: he is not mobile. He cannot chase players through cracks and crawlspaces. Realistically if a survivor makes it to a crawlspace or crack, unless there is a very short loop around to the other side, your job to hurt is over.

That being said, he is absolutely the single best patrolling killer in the game because there is really no way to sneak by him. Even julies ability to disappear against him only grants her a tiny window of opportunity. People complain about johnny because "I follow a trail of footsteps to a crack!" And yeah, that sucks, but the entire time you're doing that, that victim is panicing, and not doing objectives. Sometimes I just start tracking someone and immediately stop because my intent is not to leave my current patrol but just to scare them into knowing I know where they are. It works surprisingly well.

Johnny exceeds at information. If you know an area is vulernable, maybe a perimeter gate has been done, or the fuse box is open, no one can really sneak by him. He can patrol a semi large area and keep it safe. Family house is 100% his domain. He knows the second anyone sets foot on the first floor, literally.

Secondly, johnny is not a blood harvester and don't play him as such. Maximize damage because you will only be able to hit them once or twice before they go through some obstacle you can't follow. Max savagery, then dump everything else into endurance. Do not bother with blood, let alone in this meta. My build is maxed savagery, with the rest in endurance, and I run the perks: scout, serrated, and unrelenting with the goal to get on a victim fast and hit him. You will pretty much kill anyone in 4-5 hits because he hits hard. I use the grandpa perk that shrinks the killer proximity radius, and level my ability faster recharge -> more foot prints -> investigation time halved.

I still think sissy is the best killer in her current bugged state, and without someone to be able to follow through crawls spaces the pincer ability lacks but teamed wiht a sissy or hitchhiker, johnny is a strong son of a bitch.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
First survivor match of the night: Double iri wesker with a map offering who hard tunneled me at 5 gens even though all 4 survivors brought anniversary cake or BPS.
Fourth survivor match of the night: A P100 Blight main who was only using Shadowborn and BBQ who destroyed us so hard at 3 gens left that he let us go and then complimented us in the end chat anyway.

Sometimes you really do just have to ignore the omens.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

curiousTerminal posted:

First survivor match of the night: Double iri wesker with a map offering who hard tunneled me at 5 gens even though all 4 survivors brought anniversary cake or BPS.

For some killers, XP offerings mean if they get the match over as quick as possible it's fine because they'll still get a bunch of BP just for kills.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I wish i could have played the resident evil asym. But it was dead when i learned it existed.

Tcm question, do you chainsaw doors as bubba. Basement or house. I see people complaining about being stunlocked by doors i’m like what doors even, they’re gone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

curiousTerminal posted:

Fourth survivor match of the night: A P100 Blight main who was only using Shadowborn and BBQ who destroyed us so hard at 3 gens left that he let us go and then complimented us in the end chat anyway.

Oh hey, that sounds like you ran into LilithOmen, or someone mimicking him. He's the #1 Blight and Shadowborn/BBQ is his standard build. And he's probably the nicest, most optimistic streamer I've ever seen.

https://www.twitch.tv/LilithOmen

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mr. Locke posted:

They promoted it fine- it got a very big presence in in the launch of it's beta.

I dunno, I disagree. They did promote it by having big name streamers play the game, which was a good idea, but they didn't capitalize on it by handing out enough keys to people. I know I signed up for a beta key when Dowsey first streamed the game, and I never got a key until you could just add the open beta to your library in Steam like a year later. They only handed out very small numbers for a while, and then stopped handing keys out entirely for months.

By the time the game came out on Steam, most people had already lost interest, and then it turned out that the game's balancing was loving horrible, and testers had reported all the issues months ago but the devs refused to listen. Nobody wanted to play monster and the game died. RIP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1696530711065592199?s=20

Everybody ready for 20 minute killer queues? :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Some very good Xeno skins there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently there's some hidden nerfs that weren't included in the patch notes for ~* reasons *~. Windows of Opportunity at least got got.

Also that Alien Queen is comically huge.

E:

I guess the lore team is on vacation or something.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Apparently there's some hidden nerfs that weren't included in the patch notes for ~* reasons *~. Windows of Opportunity at least got got.

Also that Alien Queen is comically huge.

Any compiled list yet? Not surprised Windows got hit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah Windows was really, really good. I always take it in my chase builds. 20s cooldown after a vault or dropped pallet isn't that huge a deal but definitely takes it down a tier.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Windows is an incredible learning tool and completely fair. Stupid choice for a nerf

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got a couple matches in before the queues started getting bad. Alien is pretty fun! Hard to really tell how good they are since we're at the learning stage where people barely use turrets though.

I like the perk that makes people scream when they're in your terror radius, good for hunting down people hiding.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blasmeister posted:

Windows is an incredible learning tool and completely fair. Stupid choice for a nerf

This pretty much puts to rest any claims that they're not balancing by pick rate. Windows is not an amazing perk, but it's useful for solo players and newbies so people run it a lot.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This pretty much puts to rest any claims that they're not balancing by pick rate. Windows is not an amazing perk, but it's useful for solo players and newbies so people run it a lot.

Yep. This makes it blindingly obvious they only care about the spreadsheet stats and nothing else.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's one of the top used perks in high level MMR too. I really never thought much about it until they buffed it, then I started using it and it's amazing for chases. Like, as much as you think you know a tile and the map, it's useful as hell to know if pallets are dropped already or if there's an unsafe vault.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Windows is a good learning tool, medicore at mid-level play, and busted as gently caress for comp level survivors. The people who can glance around and instantly be "I'm 13.2 meters from that window, which gets me there two frames before the killer chasing me can hit me, then I can chain it into that double-lindey reverse jungle gym , followed by two shack rotations, then back to the original window because the entity block will have ended exactly .027 seconds before I get there..." are literally uncatchable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently it's a moot point, it wasn't actually nerfed there was just a bug that brought the old description back. Confirmed by BHVR

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Medullah posted:

Apparently it's a moot point, it wasn't actually nerfed there was just a bug that brought the old description back. Confirmed by BHVR

how

:psyduck:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

lmao

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

Considering their recent track record I'd wait for non-BHVR people to confirm it, but good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like how I already have 12 hits on this achievement even before I bought the chapter.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ngl I'm sorely, sorely tempted to pick up Xenomorph and grab the queen xeno outfit and get back into the game. You don't get to complain survivor you can see me coming from so far away. :colbert:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I love being a taller, scarier, more hulking killer and consider it a treat to play Nemesis for that alone. I was noticeably disappointed when they reworked a lot of the sound design in stages to affect killer footprints: Doctor used to have a particularly menacing "7 foot tall guy in dress shoes" tempo to his footsteps that sounds a lot more muted these days.

Alien Queen really god drat tempting for maximum ZOINKS.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Please tell me that Resurrection Ripley skin has a basketball animation of some sort in lobbies

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No clue if this was a one off thing or not but someone used head on, and I got stunned as they came out of the locker as usual,and then like 2 seconds later I got the 'head on" icon again and was stunned once more. They did head on me a few more times and it didn't happen again so I really hope it was some weird fluke and not an exploit.

There's also a few corners within the z walls on Borgo that the alien can't pick up survivors from which is Cool.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
mmmn new thread smell

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TCM is a lot more fun than DbD simply because, like most other DbD killers that fail, it's not serious at all and you can actually do things as survivors, but on the other hand, the killers really have to gently caress up to let more than one person get away

It's pretty fun lol, I've thought for a while DbD should just be a killer showcase and revamp for that in some way and TCM is effectively that for Leatherface. Jason was too in F13 and it's a shame that's the one that died.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
God I miss F13. Is that legal rights limbo lawsuit still ongoing?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Medullah posted:

I like how I already have 12 hits on this achievement even before I bought the chapter.

My pet theory is that it's counting PTB hits for this for some reason. I've seen people unlock it right on launching the game after buying Xeno, and I've seen others like you with partial progress. Only Steam, no other platform. I had 0 but I also didn't do any public games on PTB, just custom matches for testing.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Archenteron posted:

No, but the game is dead.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Found a Leon hiding in a corner thanks to Lethal Pursuer. Instead of trying to get away or do anything productive he stood there and teabagged me while I smacked him to the ground. I don't understand survivors.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
TCM is my first assym horror game and I'm having a blast. Once you start learning the maps, the opportunity for misdirection as a survivor really opens up. I've had DbD in my library for a while, so I finally installed it just to see what all the fuss was about. It looks and plays like an Xbox 360 game. This is supposed to be a TCM killer? Heh.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023

Blasmeister posted:

I'm not a fan of it for a couple reasons. I hate perks that are boring but so optimal that you're pretty much shackling yourself if you don't bring it, similar to mft, they're less perks and more like an optional gamewide patch. If you have any intention of chase being a major part of your game you're kidding yourself if you don't take it. I think it cuts out a big chunk of survivor skill expression, having intuition for tiles and loops was a major part of playing survivor, something you could feel good about making progress towards, windows completely negates that outside of optimization in high mmr builds. A basic map practice mode for survivor, something they should have regardless of windows, would be a better alternative than tile god mode.

idontpost69 fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archenteron posted:

Well the game's not coming back but to answer the larger question, yes, Jason (and Pamela) Voorhees creator Victor Miller won in court (twice) against Sean Cunningham. It was always completely valid under California law but Cunningham just had to kick. What it means for Jason they're still working out but this means Miller gets a cut of stuff he always ought to have had.