Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah sure its better now buffing from 20% to 30% but god drat it was still really good at 20%.

The real reason people started using it again where because it syngerized really well with nowhere to hide, a good perk. As soon as NTH came out, pop started being used a lot again and all of a sudden all the complaints vanished.

Pop should never have really been buffed to 30, its a bit too strong, at 20% you're still looking at basically 2 seconds tradeoff for 18 seconds of lost progress on a nearly completed gen, now its closer to 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Re: auto moris when everyone is downed, the reason it was negative was because it was supposed to be a replacement for moris and it sucked because it completely replaced the ability to do cinematic moris or carry people to hatch

Just need a system where if you've been on the ground for at least a minute a prompt comes up that says "bleed out", and disable it if you have perks like Plot Twist or Unbreakable active so people can't troll. If you have No Mither, well... don't bring No Mither next time

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1773080833542271405?s=20

For anyone who still wants to try it out.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

Re: auto moris when everyone is downed, the reason it was negative was because it was supposed to be a replacement for moris and it sucked because it completely replaced the ability to do cinematic moris or carry people to hatch

Just need a system where if you've been on the ground for at least a minute a prompt comes up that says "bleed out", and disable it if you have perks like Plot Twist or Unbreakable active so people can't troll. If you have No Mither, well... don't bring No Mither next time

Scott posted a good idea where you could speed up the bleed out timer (after you've been on the ground a set period of time so you can't use it to grief) while also being able to crawl faster, so you could use it to potentially get to hatch/the exit/a teammate but also use it to just kill yourself against an rear end in a top hat who wants to wait out the timer.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
They should just let you crawl to a rusty nail/rail spike in the ground and slam your head on it after a period time.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

They should just let you crawl to a rusty nail/rail spike in the ground and slam your head on it after a period time.

Finally gameplay and how I feel playing the game have merged.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Currently 653 players in game. Ouch.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Anyone else here leave their personal Steam profile page's comment section on? It's wonderful for collecting interesting commentary on your Dead By Daylight gameplay.

quote:

get off of dbd please quit killer now u make me want to cry

quote:

i escaped the clown.

quote:

your basement was very clean, thank you bubba

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I delete the ones that are mean because it's very funny that a good 50% of the time they come back to make fun of me for deleting a rude comment (which I then delete a second time) and leave up the positive ones because a lot of them are made after I do something stupid like "run back and forth to the box as pinhead all game and completely ignore anyone who doesn't have it in their hands" or when i went against a TTV before Demo was back and only ran Remember Me and wandered around sadly.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I agree re: deleting the negative comments because they get very mad about it, once had a guy get so mad I wouldn't engage him further that he went to my twitter to complain lmao.

That said I did leave the one that's simply "-rep sucks killer ****" because I, as a survivor, defended a killer in endgame chat and apparently this really pissed them off, and out of context it's such a baffling comment to read

I've gotten a lot of nice comments over the years for my novelty usernames - most popular were "ask me for bug facts" and "cat pics in profile" (which I do have in there, no false advertising!) - but I think my crowning jewel is when I was playing killer and this Meg just inexplicably AFKed from fairly early on in a locker. I said an apology in endgame chat like "sorry meg afked not sure what was going on there" and Meg must've seen it because she politely apologized in my comments section by saying she had to leave to go throw up. Prayers for that Meg, I laugh every time I read that comment

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I get more worked up about Steam messages and comments than I should, it's one of my weaknesses. I finally went anonymous after I got a particularly lovely message one day and it was very freeing

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
My profile is a collection of strong emotions in all direction.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1773349418021831057?s=20

Sweet, Blight getting a buff! Edit - Actually no, big hug tech nerf. Poor LilithOmen.

LOL at the Decisive Strike change just being bringing it back to where it was.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 28, 2024

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

[CHANGE] Improved collision detection to reduce cases where The Blight slides off objects.

That's not a buff, it might even be a nerf as it might help stop hug teching.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tormented posted:

[CHANGE] Improved collision detection to reduce cases where The Blight slides off objects.

Yup I edited after. :)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The Blight Change Patch!

Changes: nah he's fine lol.

:thumbsup: BHVR on the case as always. But I love Blight so lol, lmao

However wow, great news for Twins being playable. Only took two years to brute force in common sense timer adjustments but I'll give them non-sarcastic credit for changing the flow and function of the killer. Sounds like the actual tag team menace they were supposed to be instead of Victor being the killer and Charlotte being somebody you reluctantly use if you get kicked.

Adrenaline still good but lost a lot of magic edge cases that made it too good even for an all or nothing perk. Nice change.

UW nerfed, rip.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tormented posted:

Good, I hope this makes Blight significantly worse so he's less obnoxious to play against. Adrenaline working off hook meant it usually made sense to drop the survivor you were carrying when the last gen completed so you could waste their adren, this is a good change. Not remotely surprised at DS just being reverted, honestly a good change since the conspicuous action thing makes it harder to bully with. RIP the only reason to run calm spirit with the big ultimate weapon nerf. You love to see it. Removal of depip is a long rear end time coming. Very interested in seeing how Twins plays now.

Overall a very good update, I am looking forward to it.

e: Lots of survivors mad about the Adrenaline changes. Given how many killer games I've had with 3+ adrens going off at once, usually completely undoing any sort of progress I was making at that point, I am glad of it.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 28, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

The Blight Change Patch!

Changes: nah he's fine lol.

:thumbsup: BHVR on the case as always. But I love Blight so lol, lmao

Relyssa posted:

Good, I hope this makes Blight significantly worse so he's less obnoxious to play against. Adrenaline working off hook meant it usually made sense to drop the survivor you were carrying when the last gen completed so you could waste their adren, this is a good change. Not remotely surprised at DS just being reverted, honestly a good change since the conspicuous action thing makes it harder to bully with. RIP the only reason to run calm spirit with the big ultimate weapon nerf. You love to see it. Removal of depip is a long rear end time coming. Very interested in seeing how Twins plays now.

Overall a very good update, I am looking forward to it.

e: Lots of survivors mad about the Adrenaline changes. Given how many killer games I've had with 3+ adrens going off at once, usually completely undoing any sort of progress I was making at that point, I am glad of it.

If this kills hug tech yeah, it's a massive nerf at higher levels. It will actually be a bit of a buff for regular Blight players since bounces will be more reliable, but for high skill Blights it will kill their gameplay.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why the gently caress are they buffing decisive? They nerfed it because it was a horrible OP piece of poo poo perk and now they're buffing it back to where it was. I'm sure this time it'll be perfectly fine!

And loving RIP to Ultimate Weapon.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Why the gently caress are they buffing decisive? They nerfed it because it was a horrible OP piece of poo poo perk and now they're buffing it back to where it was. I'm sure this time it'll be perfectly fine!

And loving RIP to Ultimate Weapon.

It still disables when you do conspicuous actions or when the gates are powered so I don't know why you think it's even remotely close to how OP it used to be. It needed those 2 extra seconds.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It still disables when you do conspicuous actions or when the gates are powered so I don't know why you think it's even remotely close to how OP it used to be. It needed those 2 extra seconds.

Because honestly I forgot the conspicuous actions bit. It's me the dumbass.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Playing the most OP killer of all. Clown.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Did the new animation for decisive strike get posted anywhere?

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Doomykins posted:

UW nerfed, rip.

Yeah, I predict this is going to cause even more survivors to run Distortion, so it'll be a shadow nerf to all aura perks.

I think that would be fair, but I solo queue, so my sense of balance is hosed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's really going to depend on how long you see the aura for. If it's only a couple seconds, yeah it's not gonna be great. But if we're talking 5-6 seconds (+2 with Lethal), that poo poo is going to be better for my playstyle than normal Ultimate Weapon. Basically becomes Nowhere to Hide but lockers instead of gens.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
These changes are all... good? What's going on here, I am suspicious...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Even with conspicuous it was one of the best perks in the game when it was 5 seconds so expect people to be letting themselves be ‘caught’ off hook for value once again (then complaining when the killer has to commit to the tunnel afterwards.)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Blasmeister posted:

Even with conspicuous it was one of the best perks in the game when it was 5 seconds so expect people to be letting themselves be ‘caught’ off hook for value once again (then complaining when the killer has to commit to the tunnel afterwards.)

I mean good. Tunnelling is still the most viable strat in the game. If someone baits the killer into tunnelling and goes down fast enough for it to activate, that person just guaranteed a hard tunnel out, and its deserved. If the killer is just playing to win and tunnels someone not trying to bait out or do some lovely "tunnel me" strat, and they get caught, maybe they get a second chance to play the game or at least give their team more time.

Decisive is healthy for the game if it is strong. Tunnelling is the single most boring aspect of dbd and it is also front and center of the game.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kwolok posted:

I mean good. Tunnelling is still the most viable strat in the game. If someone baits the killer into tunnelling and goes down fast enough for it to activate, that person just guaranteed a hard tunnel out, and its deserved. If the killer is just playing to win and tunnels someone not trying to bait out or do some lovely "tunnel me" strat, and they get caught, maybe they get a second chance to play the game or at least give their team more time.

Decisive is healthy for the game if it is strong. Tunnelling is the single most boring aspect of dbd and it is also front and center of the game.

Used correctly it’s fair and fine, it just seems that no one using it can stand to play a match and not have it activate.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Devs on the forums confirmed that UW will have 3 second aura reveal. Decent with LP, kinda useless without with the big cooldown. I say good riddance, though.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Relyssa posted:

Devs on the forums confirmed that UW will have 3 second aura reveal.

I haven't seen anyone saying this anywhere else, got a link?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

I haven't seen anyone saying this anywhere else, got a link?

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/409507/march-2024-dev-update

Second to last post on the first page.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like how it's literally impossible from the patch notes to know if Ultimate Weapon still inflicts Blindness, because, as per usual, Behavior don't understand their own game.

On the one hand, Blindness being removed as an effect isn't mentioned. On the other hand, the designer notes call out that survivors won't know when they're under the effect of Ultimate Weapon. I don't know about you, but a Blindness status icon popping up on my screen with "Ultimate Weapon" next to it is a minor hint it's been used.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I like how it's literally impossible from the patch notes to know if Ultimate Weapon still inflicts Blindness, because, as per usual, Behavior don't understand their own game.

On the one hand, Blindness being removed as an effect isn't mentioned. On the other hand, the designer notes call out that survivors won't know when they're under the effect of Ultimate Weapon. I don't know about you, but a Blindness status icon popping up on my screen with "Ultimate Weapon" next to it is a minor hint it's been used.

This has also been addressed by the devs. The blindness is staying, making the dev update notes even more baffling.

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/409554/survivors-will-know-when-ultimate-weapon-reveals-them

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Playing the most OP killer of all. Clown.

I keep having people give up against Clown too. It's really annoying. It's not like I'm good, I just think funny bottle go brrr and I like the Mr. Puddles head and my pretty pink and blue candy knife :( Plus when survivors are being friendly it's nice to be able to (literally) gas them up and make them go fast

Thank you Relyssa for giving us the patch notes the devs forgot by fishing around on the forums, lol.

I think the changes are pretty solid across the board. Excited for Twins players!! :) I think the Adren hook changes are solid but I feel like changing it from 5 seconds to 3 seconds might've been a little unnecessary since other exhaustion perks are 3 seconds, Adrenaline lasting slightly longer felt like a good reward for taking what's basically a paperweight perk for the rest of the match. Oh well.

Kind of annoyed at the changes to Ultimate Weapon. Distortion is really annoying when everyone has it on and after going against people hiding constantly on Swamp with multiple Distortions yesterday, this was the last change I wanted to see - 3 seconds is really short but the Calm Spirit rioters are very possibly going to be taking Distortion en masse for the first few weeks after it comes out. 30 seconds of blindness still sucks really badly when it eats hook auras and that was the main problem I had with the perk. It'd be fine if they just made it so Blindness never blocks hook auras period.

Haddonfield changes sound super solid, I loving hate those Haddonfield house loops. Also very cool they added more locker density for the Huntress enjoyers. Depip change is awesome too.

Also, did anyone notice the store update heavily implied they're going to finally add custom mori animations to the game like mobile? :woop:

quote:

[NEW] Killer mori animations can now be viewed in the store.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Thank you Relyssa for giving us the patch notes the devs forgot by fishing around on the forums, lol.

Kind of annoyed at the changes to Ultimate Weapon. Distortion is really annoying when everyone has it on and after going against people hiding constantly on Swamp with multiple Distortions yesterday, this was the last change I wanted to see - 3 seconds is really short but the Calm Spirit rioters are very possibly going to be taking Distortion en masse for the first few weeks after it comes out. 30 seconds of blindness still sucks really badly when it eats hook auras and that was the main problem I had with the perk. It'd be fine if they just made it so Blindness never blocks hook auras period.

:tipshat:

I run distortion in every survivor build and will continue to do so. Looking forward to not having to run calm spirit on top of it, as well. Blindness really sucks in solo queue because I immediately forget where the hooked people are and it really fucks with me. To my eternal shame I once tried to unhook one of the hanged bodies on Borgo because it looked like a hooked survivor.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

To yall distortion enjoyers, how many matches do you think you get maximum value out of it, and how do you feel once it runs out? I just cant bring myself to trade otr for it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

:tipshat:

I run distortion in every survivor build and will continue to do so. Looking forward to not having to run calm spirit on top of it, as well. Blindness really sucks in solo queue because I immediately forget where the hooked people are and it really fucks with me. To my eternal shame I once tried to unhook one of the hanged bodies on Borgo because it looked like a hooked survivor.

This is so loving funny I'm sorry. Reminds me of trying to play The Unknown and getting jumpscared by my own husks and swinging, thinking they were survivors

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

OxMan posted:

To yall distortion enjoyers, how many matches do you think you get maximum value out of it, and how do you feel once it runs out? I just cant bring myself to trade otr for it.

Distortion never runs out, except against Mirror Myers. The refill in terror radius mechanic is very generous.

Tiny Myers posted:

I think the changes are pretty solid across the board. Excited for Twins players!! :)

According to Scott Jund the Twin mains he talked to are all very concerned this is too strong. Victor not latching on to healthy survivors when he hits them, and also not being kickable after a successful hit, means healthy survivors are gonna go down in like 5 seconds. He hits, and yeah you make a little distance, but he's 150% and will catch up in literally no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

rydiafan posted:

Distortion never runs out, except against Mirror Myers. The refill in terror radius mechanic is very generous.

See i did not realize that. Thanks.