Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

OxMan posted:

See i did not realize that. Thanks.

It's a "recent" change, before the mass perk change last summer (two summers ago?) it had 3 charges and when they were gone they were gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OxMan posted:

To yall distortion enjoyers, how many matches do you think you get maximum value out of it, and how do you feel once it runs out? I just cant bring myself to trade otr for it.

Even if it never procs in a match I get peace of mind knowing that the killer is not running a bunch of aura reading. Whenever I try a game without it I get so paranoid about bbq or lethal pursuer or what have you.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah. Against a full aura reveal build it might run out occasionally, but it will still gain stacks through the match and continue to provide benefits. Something with intermittent terror radius, like Ghost Face, Skull Merchant, or Wraith will also have moments of running out. And, like I said, something with no terror radius at all and lots of aura reading, i.e. Mirror Myers will chew through your stacks quickly and leave you down a perk.

I'm games against killers with 1 or 2 aura perks and a normal terror radius, which is 90% of games, you're basically immune to aura reading all game, with the bonus of occasionally but leaving scratch marks.

Edit: ^^^ for real! Distortion never triggering is just as valuable as the aura hiding.

The only time I don't run Distortion is in a 4 man when somebody else is using it. That way we still have killer perk knowledge, without throwing the other two survivors to the wolves.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 28, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mostly ran Ultimate Weapon to prevent people from squirreling away in a bush forever once two people were left in a match, so it's kind of unfortunate they can just run Distortion and do that now with impunity. Oh well

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I am a distortion convert now. Goodbye otr, hello distortion.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I run it on every build, the only time I haven't is if I knew someone else was.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

now that I don't have to burn a slot on calm spirit anymore i might go back to my beloved fuckaround build of vigil/dramaturgy/strength in shadows/distortion

if lethal pursuer didn't exist i'd maybe consider dropping distortion from my builds but gently caress i hate the killer coming straight to me right away at the beginning of the match, it's so stressful

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Throwing a pebble should hide your scratch marks for 3 seconds.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Two things:

Number one -

Halfway there on Mikaela, she was P40 less than a week ago. I've got like 200 maps, which is almost 8 times more than I had prior to the event (because the bloodweb rarity thing makes iri items loving IMPOSSIBLE to find even though they're both pretty bad nowadays)

Number two -

The ultimate counter to a background player sabo squad is to simply leave them on the floor. Just don't pick them up! If you hate saves and rescues, try Twins!
The counter to Twins is to group up, yes, but that only works if you pair off so all 4 of these bozos hanging out in the corner of the map means that I both did not get a single pain res and also ended the match at 5 gens.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Had a killer pretend to be give up and be friendly after the gens were powered. Once he'd lulled us into a sense of complacency well enough, he downed all of us.

Then he let everyone crawl out, except the Claudette who had been teabagging earlier in the match, who he moried in the gate.

:allears: I love this game dude

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/dvveet/status/1773388806756204668?s=20

They added a new emote to mobile DBD lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DBD mobile is one of those things that just mystifies me. It seems so miserable to play with touch controls.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeathChicken posted:

I mostly ran Ultimate Weapon to prevent people from squirreling away in a bush forever once two people were left in a match, so it's kind of unfortunate they can just run Distortion and do that now with impunity. Oh well
Doesn't Doctor solve this?

Really, now that I think of it, I always have a great time when I'm playing the Doc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nessus posted:

Doesn't Doctor solve this?

Really, now that I think of it, I always have a great time when I'm playing the Doc.

If you get the people that don't want to be found all they have to do is locker hop to avoid static blast.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

If you get the people that don't want to be found all they have to do is locker hop to avoid static blast.

And this is why I always start off easing into a locker against the Doc to make sure he's not running Iron Maiden. :)

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

DBD mobile is one of those things that just mystifies me. It seems so miserable to play with touch controls.

It mystifies me because, in that short clip, I saw THREE separate things that I want added to regular DBD.

1. Visual indicators of nearby generators
2. Moving doesn't cancel the emote
3. More than just 2 goddamn emotes

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

DbD Mobile is that neighboor who has a perfect life, house and garden while you live in a shack with the basement being filled with junkies.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DBD mobile doesn’t have to design new killers, so a lot of work is done for them, which means time for all the features you want elsewhere

But this is offset by dbd mobile being grindy and also recently discovered to use AI art so I’ll still to the regular version.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

But this is offset by dbd mobile being grindy and also recently discovered to use AI art so I’ll still to the regular version.

https://twitter.com/really_username/status/1765652084504809690

For anyone who was curious, went and looked it up. Oof

I feel like the breakdancing emote is actually optimal in a way because it makes you shorter even if it doesn't affect your hitbox. Like, imagine trying to hit that with Huntress.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

https://twitter.com/really_username/status/1765652084504809690

For anyone who was curious, went and looked it up. Oof

I feel like the breakdancing emote is actually optimal in a way because it makes you shorter even if it doesn't affect your hitbox. Like, imagine trying to hit that with Huntress.

I feel dumb, where's the ai art? The background image behind the player?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Kwolok posted:

I feel dumb, where's the ai art? The background image behind the player?

Yep.

Some tells:

This string of flags. The flags are misshapen and it's way too high up to begin with, but the string also just sort of... disappears?

This lamppost just sort of... stops. It just doesn't connect to anything.

And of course

What the hell is that thing

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The true horror is the idiots in the twitter thread saying "who cares?"

:thumbsup: Thanks for being saps, dudes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Doomykins posted:

I think you mean X, The Everything App.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Doomykins posted:

I mean this is the same argument people made against CGI replacing practical effects. The reality is AI art is here to stay, and will supplement normal artistry but will slowly become the majority source of cheap/quick artwork.

I also happen to agree with "who cares" here. If no one had pointed it out, I would have never noticed.

Like yeah there are tells now that its AI art, but based on the pace AI art has progressed, that will soon not be the case and it will be more or less indistinguishable. At that point who cares?

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 29, 2024

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s not art.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
And not only is it not art, but most of these tools are built on the theft of actual art from actual artists.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I don't want to derail the thread with an AI debate so I'll leave it at "I disagree" with Kwolok.

So, any Twins mains been on the rampage yet?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this game can be very frightening, with the various spooky killers on offer

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Doomykins posted:

So, any Twins mains been on the rampage yet?

PTB with the changes isn't until Tuesday, is it?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Yeah bad take Kwolok sorry but if you want an exhaustive rebuttal you can google any of the numerous places this discussion has been had with real artists discussing how disastrous this is to livelihoods in already-crumbling industries.

The Twins changes aren't in yet, they won't be til PTB, but I'm real excited. Someone in here said Scott Jund said some Twins mains are concerned they might be overtuned which has me worried most of the changes might be rolled back. I haven't forgotten how they defended not buffing Twins in the first place with "well some high level comp players are really good!".

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah bad take Kwolok sorry but if you want an exhaustive rebuttal you can google any of the numerous places this discussion has been had with real artists discussing how disastrous this is to livelihoods in already-crumbling industries.

The Twins changes aren't in yet, they won't be til PTB, but I'm real excited. Someone in here said Scott Jund said some Twins mains are concerned they might be overtuned which has me worried most of the changes might be rolled back. I haven't forgotten how they defended not buffing Twins in the first place with "well some high level comp players are really good!".

I don't really care because all labor under capitalism is theft. What you are mad at is yet again capitalism. But you weren't mad when technological advances took away laborers right to work with automation or industrialization and this is exactly the same. Art isn't somehow a unique bespoke form of labor. The problem, as always, is capitalism causes an unending search for profit that will make people's entire livelihood be automated away. AI art, for some reason, has at least made people start noticing and pointing out how bad it is for society but it's been like this FOR. loving. EVER.

And I'm not saying that makes it justified. It doesn't. But any form of automation/industrialization/digitization often obliterates working class people in the process. It's easy now to be upset about digital art because it still has visible flaws but again that won't be the case soon, and I wonder if, once made invisible, people will continue to understand what the actual problem is...

Edit: sorry this is a dumb derail. I guess I'm just frustrated that people are only paying attention to labor theft when it affects their video games or Twitter artists. But you are right, it is theft and it is lovely. The whole world is lovely and I hate it. Derail over

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 29, 2024

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

shut up

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm really hoping the changes mostly survive the ptb, as this could make Twins a lot more interesting to play. Very excited to see how they turn out.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

sorry i missed this part

Kwolok posted:

only paying attention to labor theft when it affects their video games or Twitter artists

I am literally an artist by trade. That is my loving job. this directly threatens me and it is insanely insulting to act like the only people who care about this poo poo are concern trolling or otherwise just whining over their bidia gamez, when if you look literally at all at the discussion landscape you will see the people being the loudest and most upset by this are always professional artists who are directly threatened by it and have the most to lose

in conclusion

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I think realistically twins is going to be somehow even more insufferable to play against now.

Imo the biggest issue with twins has always been that the counter play to Victor is boring and the winning strategy with Victor is to just run up to a survivor and pointblank pounce, it's pretty much guaranteed and super boring. It would have been cool if they actually tweaked that part of him

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

please shut the gently caress up about ai art regardless of your stance on it this is not the place for it

Kwolok posted:

I think realistically twins is going to be somehow even more insufferable to play against now.

Imo the biggest issue with twins has always been that the counter play to Victor is boring and the winning strategy with Victor is to just run up to a survivor and pointblank pounce, it's pretty much guaranteed and super boring. It would have been cool if they actually tweaked that part of him

honestly as long as this reduces slugging it's probably still going to be a net positive, that was always the worst part on either side of it

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I hope that the changes with Victor seeming more responsive make it more fun and easy to get silly pounces like over-the-pallet poo poo. I love when Twins players do that. Once had one goofing around who was just repeatedly trying to get cool shots and it was great. Didn't crush Victor, was just like "hell yeah man try again" and then hooting and hollering when they made it

I hope they improve the lovely collision.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Tiny Myers posted:

sorry i missed this part

I am literally an artist by trade. That is my loving job. this directly threatens me and it is insanely insulting to act like the only people who care about this poo poo are concern trolling or otherwise just whining over their bidia gamez, when if you look literally at all at the discussion landscape you will see the people being the loudest and most upset by this are always professional artists who are directly threatened by it and have the most to lose

in conclusion

That sucks. Hopefully we can eventually live in a world where people's passions can be pursued without worrying about how it affects your ability to live.

Tiny Myers posted:

I hope that the changes with Victor seeming more responsive make it more fun and easy to get silly pounces like over-the-pallet poo poo. I love when Twins players do that. Once had one goofing around who was just repeatedly trying to get cool shots and it was great. Didn't crush Victor, was just like "hell yeah man try again" and then hooting and hollering when they made it

Yeah long range snipe's are super fun. I'm not sure how you could change him to put emphasis on that without just making him trash but I'd love to see them at least try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Agreed, there's so many little bugs and collision issues that I'm really hoping they're able to iron out.