Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I imagine the easiest way to do the last one (relatively speaking) would be to send it to Gideon's and throw the match spending the whole time under the killer's feet on the bottom floor. Fun :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Tiny Myers posted:

Some of my favorites:

Finish repairing 4 GENERATORS while using Dark Sense. FOUR. GENERATORS. This basically requires your team be intensely incompetent or a 4-man coordinating to get you it.

This should be easier now that you have the UI, it's literally just finishing so you don't have to complete a total of 4 generators

Tiny Myers posted:

Spend 60 SECONDS within TEN METERS of the killer WITHOUT BEING CHASED.. on Dwight. Do you know how close ten meters is. Hope you get a farming match lmao

Usually I will take a multi-floor map for that one and try and follow the killer underneath/over if I can.

edit: oh yes, like the above post from forever ago. :)

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 8, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Horror Inc sent a C&D to the folks doing the Friday the 13th: Resurrected game, as expected.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

Spend 60 SECONDS within TEN METERS of the killer WITHOUT BEING CHASED.. on Dwight. Do you know how close ten meters is. Hope you get a farming match lmao

This one's actually pretty tame if you like going for flashy saves! (And then getting tunneled off the hook for the rest of the match if you land it twice)

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I thank God and also Jesus every day that I already finished tome 1 and never have to do the Dark Sense challenge again. I did it during genkick meta and it took a full 4man leaving their gens 99'd for me to get them.
Tiny Myers if you wanna try and pull together aforementioned 4man to help you out I'll 99 some gens for you.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Michael is hilarious sometimes. Had a game with two Boil Over/Flip Flop people who kept jumping in lockers, I guess anticipating a Tombstone I didn't have so I just killed them normally. Next game I *did* have Tombstone and caught someone at the gates healing in front of me that guess thought they could just bellyflop on out, whoops

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Dawgstar posted:

Horror Inc sent a C&D to the folks doing the Friday the 13th: Resurrected game, as expected.

Goddammit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Goddammit.

As a Resident Evil fanboy let me tell you, anytime someone reveals a "fan project" through a trailer or "test gameplay" that poo poo ain't ever going to see the light of day. The only fan projects that make it through are the ones that they keep quiet until they're done, then release them into the wild.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

As a Resident Evil fanboy let me tell you, anytime someone reveals a "fan project" through a trailer or "test gameplay" that poo poo ain't ever going to see the light of day. The only fan projects that make it through are the ones that they keep quiet until they're done, then release them into the wild.

I'll keep that in mind if I need to do a fan project.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, any fan project that actually wants to get done is just silent until it releases. Announcing beforehand is just to rake in the hype while knowing that you'll never actually have to follow through on it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Always makes me laugh whenever some shithead brings an crappy map offering and then kills themselves on hook because they got downed.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Always makes me laugh whenever some shithead brings an crappy map offering and then kills themselves on hook because they got downed.

There's actually a word for that. Otzdarva's Law! :eng101: The one who brings the map offering is always the one who DCs

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Unforseen might be the most lopsided solo queue perk to exist.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Nah, that's still Knock Out.

As much as I hate some perks out there, Knock Out remains my #1 choice if I was allowed to delete one perk from existence. It ONLY exists so toxic troll killers can get a 4K with 0 hooks bleeding everybody out, and when you're solo queue there's nothing you can do about it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Yeah, Knock Out is a perk that doesn't really feel like it's ever used in good faith. Rework it to have some other use entirely imo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just throw a timer on it like NOED for killers. It hides the aura for 30s, then slowly starts to expand.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
That's fair but no one really runs. Knockout and everyone right now is running unforeseen

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The fact that its tyool 2024 and a killer can still choose to bleed you out at the end of the game for whatever reason proves that BHVR has no idea how to make video games.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There should be a button to just give up after being slugged for like, half the bar or something. But knowing bvhr it would invert the colors on maps that have more than seven letters in their name.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1778785209015537984

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So they know players miss less than 7% of skill checks, and yet still release perks on both sides that revolve around them :psyduck:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

So they know players miss less than 7% of skill checks, and yet still release perks on both sides that revolve around them :psyduck:

Based on the rest of the data, you're likely meant to pair those perks up with perks that make skill checks harder. It's also showing you an average across the player base, players fail way more skill checks at lower skill levels than higher.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Skill checks are lop-sided in that failing one can cost survivors the game so it's pretty reasonable to get 9 out of 10 regularly and perks that can force that down to 7/10 or 8/10 are pretty strong when they work.

If you had more aggressive skill check punishment like 50/50 even on top 10% players then you'd just obliterate survivors at all skill levels because at that point it's regression on par with actual regression perks too.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Kwolok posted:

The fact that its tyool 2024 and a killer can still choose to bleed you out at the end of the game for whatever reason proves that BHVR has no idea how to make video games.

As long as survivors can grab boil over and run to specific spots on the map where the killer can't hook them, this is needed.

Behaviour could fix the maps, but lol. Lmao. Plus they would immediately release boil over part 2.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Reminds me of the basekit Unbreakable PTB where Tofu had a video up within hours going "Oh hi if you run to this corner of Midwich you're functionally invincible because there aren't any hooks"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Doomykins posted:

Skill checks are lop-sided in that failing one can cost survivors the game so it's pretty reasonable to get 9 out of 10 regularly and perks that can force that down to 7/10 or 8/10 are pretty strong when they work.

If you had more aggressive skill check punishment like 50/50 even on top 10% players then you'd just obliterate survivors at all skill levels because at that point it's regression on par with actual regression perks too.

Coulro/Sloppy is devastating for that reason. loving skill checks on heals means a killer knows exactly where you are, nearby and vulnerable.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Theswarms posted:

As long as survivors can grab boil over and run to specific spots on the map where the killer can't hook them, this is needed.

Behaviour could fix the maps, but lol. Lmao. Plus they would immediately release boil over part 2.

Nope because that's not even my point. Let me kill myself as the last alive survivor if I want to of the killer has slugged me and left me on the ground for absolutely no reason.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I liked Scott Jund's idea of adding the ability to double your speed crawling while also doubling the speed you bleed out, gives it an actual in game use but also the option to kill yourself in slugging situations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'll allow the bleedout surrender button if killers can also have a button to instantly end the game if EGC is active and treat any currently alive survivors as escaping. I'm done with the choice of going to the gates and watching them tbag me on the way out or waiting out the timer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Medullah posted:

I liked Scott Jund's idea of adding the ability to double your speed crawling while also doubling the speed you bleed out, gives it an actual in game use but also the option to kill yourself in slugging situations.

Yeah it's the most elegant solution I think.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Kwolok posted:

Nope because that's not even my point. Let me kill myself as the last alive survivor if I want to of the killer has slugged me and left me on the ground for absolutely no reason.

Survivor should be allowed to just die and killer should be allowed to just mori them so neither can hold the game hostage like this imo. It's bullshit from both sides. I neither enjoy waiting out the timer as survivor as the killer faffs about or just standing above boil over survivor in case they have unbreakable for 2 minutes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Relyssa posted:

I'll allow the bleedout surrender button if killers can also have a button to instantly end the game if EGC is active and treat any currently alive survivors as escaping. I'm done with the choice of going to the gates and watching them tbag me on the way out or waiting out the timer.
Just let the killer open the gates at any time. Boom, done.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Just let the killer open the gates at any time. Boom, done.

Honestly, wouldn't be opposed. The 2+ gens left 2 survivors left moments suck on both sides and being able to just end the game would be most welcome.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I like the idea of the killer being able to open the gate at any moment. "Oh, you've been an rear end in a top hat? Get the gently caress out here"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nah the gates still have to be powered. Let the killer fix gens.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Let the killer open the gates and walk out whenever they want. All living survives get free escapes.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Let the killer open the gates and walk out whenever they want. All living survives get free escapes.

That would lead to some extremely funny mishaps during times where survivors are trying to heal tech at the gates.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

What if Wordle but DBD?

https://dbdle.net/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

What if Wordle but DBD?

https://dbdle.net/

Lol first guess for killer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

New Best Girl skin is here and looking nice. Very happy with it.