Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Medullah posted:

Lol this is why I shouldn't play this game. My body thinks it's exercising hahaha

Was this killer or survivor and who were you playing :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Tiny Myers posted:

It's very funny when you have Jolt or something on that does the gen kicking for you so you down someone and hear a gen go SHRCLCLPKKTPT and you're like :tinfoil: the gently caress was that

Haha so the Jolt counts as a kick? You're right that would weird me the gently caress out

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tiny Myers posted:

Was this killer or survivor and who were you playing :v:

Killer, I played Unknown for the second (and third) time and then a couple Artist matches for challenges.

I think I'm permanently retired from survivor unless my friend group really decides they want to get back into DBD.

Comfortador posted:

Haha so the Jolt counts as a kick? You're right that would weird me the gently caress out

Yeah it's any damage event that's more than like 5%. So Jolt, Pain Res, Eruption, etc.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

This is cool, can't kick the gen at the top of the stairs of RCPD from the wide side.

If it makes you feel better, I couldn't repair it today from the wide side either.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Take this with a grain of salt, but multiple people on Otz's stream yesterday were saying that a hook getting sabotaged against the Plague counts as a stun and disables her power. I don't think he tested it and it sound too stupid even for BHVR, but what if...?

E:

They've also claimed that the new Huntress skin's low sounds are a bug and they're getting fixed. I don't know which option is worse, them again lying to cover their asses, or their QA being so poo poo that nobody bothered testing that the sound levels for the few new sounds were correct.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 28, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Take this with a grain of salt, but multiple people on Otz's stream yesterday were saying that a hook getting sabotaged against the Plague counts as a stun and disables her power. I don't think he tested it and it sound too stupid even for BHVR, but what if...?

E:

They've also claimed that the new Huntress skin's low sounds are a bug and they're getting fixed. I don't know which option is worse, them again lying to cover their asses, or their QA being so poo poo that nobody bothered testing that the sound levels for the few new sounds were correct.

Looking forward to them making them too loud and swinging the skin from p2w to p2l

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So why's RPD killswitched?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Clipping problems worse than usual and people were getting stuck, as I gather

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Had a match against a Spirit who didn't play super sweaty but they did have a sort of sweaty build + addon combo. Which is whatever, I don't care about that. Anyways we almost had him but got too greedy and kind of threw on the last gen, he does the nod + multiple hit on the last person which made me roll my eyes, and then in postgame chad he apologized profusely thinking it was another player he faced earlier (guessing same charm + cosmetic combo) and how he didn't mean to be rude and then everyone was just like "it's cool man" and both sides complimented eachother for doing well....I wish this was the norm and not either dead silence or people insulting eachother. :smith:

Did feel good to get a pallet stun when they were phasing to save someone from a chase. I always gently caress that up lol.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Scott made a video about how hosed Behavior was with the Huntress skin audio, because either it was a problem for a long time or they fixed it quickly, and fixing it quickly makes them look like incompetent assholes because they've been supposedly working on adjusting survivor audio levels for three years.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How the gently caress did they make this one happen?

tithin posted:

So why's RPD killswitched?

One of the pallets was unbreakable as killer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also.

The claim:

The reality:

"whoops"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Otz's second killer game, and there's a guy doing the toolbox + potential exploit. It just keeps happening, and yet the perk isn't getting killswitched.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

bhvr continues to do a pretty good job

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey, two survivors with Potential Energy + Toolbox = unlimited toolboxes in this game. We're at about an exploiter in every third Otz's game tonight.

Boy it sure would be nice if this game had some kind of mechanism for disabling obviously broken exploits. Sadly it's just a tiny little software company trying their best!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hey, two survivors with Potential Energy + Toolbox = unlimited toolboxes in this game. We're at about an exploiter in every third Otz's game tonight.

Boy it sure would be nice if this game had some kind of mechanism for disabling obviously broken exploits. Sadly it's just a tiny little software company trying their best!

I mean it's also the weekend. Not that we didn't know about it last week but hopefully when they get back to work tomorrow it's nuked.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

I mean it's also the weekend. Not that we didn't know about it last week but hopefully when they get back to work tomorrow it's nuked.

This exploit has been around for several weeks. It's been reported for weeks. Nothing has happened.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Developers should just honeypot and build a list of everyone doing it then after a couple weeks (or months) permaban the list.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This exploit has been around for several weeks. It's been reported for weeks. Nothing has happened.

Yeah that doesn't bode well. Is it all toolboxes or just a specific one?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/ScottJund/status/1784656726517571799

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Lethal Pursuer gamers please be polite and pretend you don't know where anyone is for at least 30 seconds at start of game. :tipshat:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

Lethal Pursuer gamers please be polite and pretend you don't know where anyone is for at least 30 seconds at start of game. :tipshat:

They really need to add a hide and seek forced countdown where you close your eyes and count down from 100 to make it fair.

Edit - In fact, they should just start matches when there are four survivors and just bring a killer in when they find one, give them a few minutes of peace first.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Otz's second killer game, and there's a guy doing the toolbox + potential exploit. It just keeps happening, and yet the perk isn't getting killswitched.

"It's fine! This game is good! There's nothing wrong with the developers' mindset towards fixing bugs!" Otz mutters, grinding his teeth so hard they shatter.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

There are a lot of people who desperately need to play another game and I think we found the one who needs to the most.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Doomykins posted:

But I like being an rear end in a top hat! It's so fuuuuuuuuun!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They've pulled this poo poo before I'm almost certain but I can't remember on what exactly.

Oni flick.

lmao everytime i think to catch up on DBD

TGLT fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 28, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

the loving self-awareness of typing this in the same sentence as the word 'killers' like WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT IS THEIR JOB!!!!!!!!!

is there ANY other competitive game that does this insane brainteaser bullshit where the other side is expected to not perform the objective??? how would this person feel if I described survivors as "like rabid animals touching gens seconds after they spawn in"

RE: the huntress skin lullaby, I honestly assume they simply didn't test it at all aside from making sure the sounds were switched over. Generally speaking, your ears can pick up high pitched sounds easier than lower pitched ones - I'm sure it was just a matter of it being set to the same volume as Huntress's normal lullaby, which is why the cries of P2W have been very :rolleyes: to me, especially coming from people who were gladly exploiting the MFT meta for its 6 month tenure or are silent about the toolbox exploit not getting killswitched. Yeah it's the weekend but Otz experienced this way earlier in the week, and like someone else said it's been in the game for fuckin' months apparently. Also this is literally what the killswitch is for.

Like, the lullaby with the new skin is very obviously just a dumbass oversight to me and something they'll fix immediately, but OH NO A KILLER GOT A MILD ADVANTAGE FROM PAYING $18 THAT WILL BE GONE NEXT PATCH HRRBLBBLBLL KILLER-SIDED BHVR STRIKES AGAIN THEY HATE SURVIVORS SO MUCH AND PERSONALLY WANT US TO SUFFER THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME :supaburn:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Being pay to win and being a dumbass oversight are not mutually exclusive.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Survivors, remaining the Republicans of DBD: coddled beyond belief but still convinced they are a persecuted minority.

Picked up DBD again for the Unknown after being away for a while and it's pretty good. Unknown seems to know what the most important part of a modern killer is: the ability to gently caress with survivors. It leaves weird poo poo all over the map, jumps around a lot, and can get "lmao you thought" damage and downs with a ranged weapon when someone tried to do stupid survivor poo poo. It isn't something that is hyperfocused around a single playstyle target, it's something that can be a little bit goofy, and that's the important part. Is it the most laser focused down machine in the world? No, but it's pretty good at several things and that makes them fun so long as you relax and learn to embrace the 0K

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The best part about Unknown is he made Insidious useful. I had fun last night pretending to be a hallucination

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Had a game on Swamp where a Sable threw a god pallet and then ran into the basement right in front of me. So I'm thinking she has Wicked, I down her, hook her, start to leave. She unhooks herself before I can even clear the stairs. Sable runs up, out past me, vaults the pallet, I grab her and put her back in the basement

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

this insane brainteaser bullshit where the other side is expected to not perform the objective??? how would this person feel if I described survivors as "like rabid animals touching gens seconds after they spawn in"

Like I get complaints about tunneling, it's not fun to be focused down immediately and to the exclusion of your team, and it's not fun to have to deal with being a 3v1 in an environment designed for 4v1. That one's legit. The rest of the survivor rulebook? It's insane. Don't run these perks, don't play these killers, don't use this mechanic, etc. Some people are so determined to not have fun playing dbd that they make it the other player's problem and that's how all this poo poo got made up.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

Being pay to win and being a dumbass oversight are not mutually exclusive.

I guess, but "pay to win" is just ascribing malice and design choices to both the developers and the people buying it. The term is typically used for devs either deliberately designing things such that you need to pay money for that competitive advantage or leaving it in for long periods of time because they simply don't care. Something like old Made For This or CoH meta would be a much better example of "pay to win", which were both left in for significantly longer than they should've been despite people sounding the alarm since PTB (and for boons, as soon as the design was announced period), almost certainly so BHVR could milk money from those packs. But those things were very rarely called P2W because they MIGHT show up in the Shrine of Secrets now and then.

Most of the people dumping an as-of-yet unheard of amount of money on this skin that's slightly too quiet + going to be nerfed in a week or two anyway are already Huntress enjoyers that are good at the game to begin with. Like... Huntress isn't some extremely brainless thing where you can win for free, she's a difficult killer to play well and the skin isn't going to make it so you blitz through every match effortlessly with no prior experience.

To put it more simply, the people beating your rear end using this skin were probably going to beat your rear end either way. Ralph the 9000+ hour huntress main is not going to be taking your head off because he's wearing a skin he thinks is neat for the killer he mains with lovely audio balance that will be fixed in a week or two, he's going to take your head off because my dude has 9000 hours of huntress, and anyone DCing against it and treating it like an exploit are, quite frankly, being babies. Devs have made it clear they know it's a bug and are going to fix it asap! Despite the fact that they were already busy immediately scrambling to fix unknown epilepsy strobing across multiple platforms and said that is their priority above anything else because it jeopardizes the health of their users and they can get sued over it, they went out of their way to say as much. Yet surv mains are crying P2W. Why?

curiousTerminal posted:

Like I get complaints about tunneling, it's not fun to be focused down immediately and to the exclusion of your team, and it's not fun to have to deal with being a 3v1 in an environment designed for 4v1. That one's legit. The rest of the survivor rulebook? It's insane. Don't run these perks, don't play these killers, don't use this mechanic, etc. Some people are so determined to not have fun playing dbd that they make it the other player's problem and that's how all this poo poo got made up.

Yeah, 100%. If they were talking about tunneling, whatever, I get it, it's exhausting when a killer is up your rear end the entire game and you get no chance to do anything else for the 3 minutes you're alive, especially if you're trying to get an archive. But bitching about poo poo like Lethal Pursuer or being caught out in the open early? Bro what. Take distortion if you want to pee your pants about it

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 29, 2024

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I won't lie and say it's not frustrating to be the first one in chase within seconds of the game starting, but you know what I can run for that not to be an issue?

Distortion.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The reality:

"whoops"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The people who play this game are so loving fragile. I was watching Otz's stream last night, and after pretty much every loving game it's a chorus of survivors crying about him playing a boring killer, playing an OP killer, chasing someone too much, "proxy camping" (whatever the gently caress that is), using an OP build (which is a lol since he's doing a unique build challenge where he runs a build that's never been documented as being run before on each killer) and god knows what else.

Just a non-stop stream of adult babies throwing fits and tantrums over the slightest things and using those things to justify themselves exploiting, outright cheating, or just acting like the world's biggest piss hounds.

Community's great though, love the community.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I personally believe proxy camping is legit in the sense of like, killers who wait just far enough away for a survivor to feel comfortable unhooking then immediately come back to hook. Same poo poo as normal camping, you know? They have no actual interest in ever patrolling anything but the hook. It's exhausting in lower tier games where chases don't last very long, especially against killers like Wraith. Additionally "fun" when they tunnel and/or use Sloppy Butcher.

And as an Open-Handed Kindred enjoyer, it's really easy for me to witness and identify this sort of behavior. People who just pace back and forth and never ever leave the general area, not even to check gens, but carefully stay out of the auto unhook range.

But, like every other type of disliked behavior without a clearly defined ingame boundary, it gets constantly levied at, say, a killer who doesn't leave the hook because they instantly saw scratch marks of someone rushing in to unhook and have reason to believe at least one person is there. Sorry man it doesn't count as "camping" when you have an unhook challenge and suck at being subtle

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 29, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

I personally believe proxy camping is legit in the sense of like, killers who wait just far enough away for a survivor to feel comfortable unhooking then immediately come back to hook. Same poo poo as normal camping, you know?

Is that what "proxy camping" is? Yeah I can see how that's annoying for a survivor, but also... often clearly the best thing for a killer to do. if you know there's gonna be an unhook, why would you intentionally go so far away you can't punish the unhooker or maybe even trade hooks?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is that what "proxy camping" is? Yeah I can see how that's annoying for a survivor, but also... often clearly the best thing for a killer to do. if you know there's gonna be an unhook, why would you intentionally go so far away you can't punish the unhooker or maybe even trade hooks?

For sure, it's kind of like tunneling in the sense of, like, it's in the game, it's a good strategy, et cetera, it's just... kind of miserable to play against? Particularly when the killer does it until someone reaches second hook and does it for every single unhook. Yeah, you can just slam gens to pressure them like any other camper, but good luck getting a team of solo queues to do that, especially if it's Wraith or a teleport killer where it doesn't really matter how far away they are as long as they can zoom back to every single loving unhook.

But I don't blame the killer. I'm not the kind of person to DC or bitch in endgame chat. I just blame the devs that made it possible. Still, I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me want to die inside when I unhook and 3 seconds later I hear B I N G B O N G nowhere near a tile and see the Mangled bubble pop up upon getting hit.

I'm guessing Otz wasn't even doing that and it was people being babies, but even if he was, all bets are off in high level gameplay like Otz's either way, you have to take what advantages you're given and play smart. It's simply expected at that level to do whatever applies the most pressure. Just like tunneling. If it's in the game, it's a fair tactic, you know? v :v: v

So I'm not defending them, just saying proxy camping *does* exist and I feel like it's legit to be a little annoyed sometimes, even if it's dumb as poo poo to bitch in endgame chat about it. Either you're being a dick to someone who's just playing the game OR they really were being a troll and now they have more incentive to keep doing it because they know it got under your skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I would say it's vastly more effective than tunneling since a lot of the time you're going to catch someone trying to heal under the hook, and if you catch two people napping in that situation you can pretty much save enough time chasing to swing the entire game