Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

First match since Chucky dropped, figure "Should be chill right? Event? SURELY I WON'T GET THE SABO SQUAD FROM HELL"

Narrator - He got the sabo squad from hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’ve heard that it won’t fix slugging as most Twins mains would rather use the 10% to get another down than just to get one hook faster.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I just played my 1000th solo survivor match since I started tracking my results.

Prior to the Alien chapter (well over 400 matches) my escape rate was a solid 45%.

If you just count the matches since then, it's 39%. If you just count the ones since Chucky, it's 37%.

So, yeah, it is demonstrably getting worse.

edit: VVVV don't be a dick

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 30, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

or you are lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Once again a good take from Otz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pqMjGedQt8

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tunneling is by far the worst thing about this game and there needs to be more done in the base game to fix it. Perk bandaids are never enough.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
DB Breakers would be the perfect if they brought back raider queue and deleted the ETM
TCM released a new map and survivor. Both are cool. But the survivor's "blood web" equivalent is broken and 65% of her perks are unavailable. And it's paid DLC.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's really no good way to combat it though in the games current state. They need to make it so hook states are your primary goal as a killer, which is how I play, but I just don't see a good way of doing it.

I've seen a lot of people suggest shared hook states as a solution (so your team gets 12 hook states regardless of how many times each individual person gets hooked) but hooooo boy if you think tunneling is bad now just wait till I can win by hooking the same dude 12 times.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

There's really no good way to combat it though in the games current state. They need to make it so hook states are your primary goal as a killer, which is how I play, but I just don't see a good way of doing it.

I've seen a lot of people suggest shared hook states as a solution (so your team gets 12 hook states regardless of how many times each individual person gets hooked) but hooooo boy if you think tunneling is bad now just wait till I can win by hooking the same dude 12 times.

Shared hook states is a terrible idea for so many reasons. I do acknowledge that there's not really much you can do to fix this with the way the game is set up but man... it really fuckin sucks to be on the receiving end of. I have one of my survivor build slots just full anti-tunnel and it still feels like it's not enough sometimes.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

BrewingTea posted:

I just played my 1000th solo survivor match since I started tracking my results.

Prior to the Alien chapter (well over 400 matches) my escape rate was a solid 45%.

If you just count the matches since then, it's 39%. If you just count the ones since Chucky, it's 37%.

So, yeah, it is demonstrably getting worse.

edit: VVVV don't be a dick

In opposition to what that other person said, you might be getting better. If you're going against opponents of lower skill, obviously you're going to get out more often, right? So it may be that you've reached a skill level where the killers are mostly the same as you or above you, thus a lower escape rate. Congratulations on improving :)

I agree tunneling and killer behavior have gotten impressively worse overall though. Had a wraith game so comically miserable from the first minute that me and my friend largely lost our will to play and after Adam got tunneled to death we solely prioritized the baby Bill escaping at all costs. We were hooting and hollering when he got hatch.

I agree heavily that tunneling is the #1 issue in this game right now and is a massive, inexcusable game design flaw. We can hem and haw all day about how it'd be difficult to fix it but it's their job to fix it. They have "hiring Nicolas Cage" level budget to pay devs and designers to figure it out and it's inexcusable that it's gone 7 years unchecked by anything but the occasional band-aid.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 30, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it was a lil joke, relax

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Starting to think they should straight up remove Boil Over from the game with how many matches I've had of people wildly loving over their teammates just to try and get value out of funny horse perk

High prestige Claudette who brought Dead Dawg, didn't touch a single generator, just ran circles and fast vaulted in the main building, didn't even touch the upstairs main building generator. Failed every flashlight save she tried, accidentally sandbagged a teammate on death hook, tried to kill herself on hook when she got caught. I'd rather have a bot teammate at that point. Of course she gets out anyway.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Boil Over is its own unique brand of terrible perk, you either run it normally and it will do nothing, or you run it to be a colossal rear end in a top hat, there isn't any middle ground

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tiny Myers posted:

Starting to think they should straight up remove Boil Over from the game with how many matches I've had of people wildly loving over their teammates just to try and get value out of funny horse perk

High prestige Claudette who brought Dead Dawg, didn't touch a single generator, just ran circles and fast vaulted in the main building, didn't even touch the upstairs main building generator. Failed every flashlight save she tried, accidentally sandbagged a teammate on death hook, tried to kill herself on hook when she got caught. I'd rather have a bot teammate at that point. Of course she gets out anyway.
You could delete boil over and those players would still exist.

The last time I had fun in DBD was running a build with tenacity, power struggle, smash hit, and boil over because it works with tenacity. Had a match with someone using boon: experimental and it was interesting.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Shared hook states is a terrible idea for so many reasons. I do acknowledge that there's not really much you can do to fix this with the way the game is set up but man... it really fuckin sucks to be on the receiving end of. I have one of my survivor build slots just full anti-tunnel and it still feels like it's not enough sometimes.

Kwolok posted:

I'll say this again for the billionth time, unhooking should be pleading with the entity who then consumes the hooked survivor and respawns him randomly some where on the map. Boom. Tunneling solved. The killer can still tunnel if they find the unhooked survivor but good luck with that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

This seems like it would work against the altruism angle and while I have never put much time into survivor, it seems to me that there is probably a substantial draw to the idea of being able to play with your friends, help your friends, save your friends, etc.

However it seems like you could give every survivor one charge, which basically spends a hook state to do it. I just had the idea of being able to do it even when off the hook, but THAT would sure feel bad even at that price.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Had a player drop a flashbang on me while I was doing a gen, and then sat in a locker until the killer came by.

Somehow we managed to open the gates and it was extremely satisfying to see them get murdered while I helped the bot escape.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

spoilers re: a new game mode releasing tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1773540146165522547

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

3 games played, 3 games hard tunneled out first despite the full anti-tunnel build. I think that's enough DBD for tonight.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

3 games played, 3 games hard tunneled out first despite the full anti-tunnel build. I think that's enough DBD for tonight.

God I hope a competent studio has a crack at the DBD formula...

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

This post got me to try and do a few myself just to see if it got any better and good lord, it most definitely did not. I played four matches and all four of them had someone getting hard tunneled out (with my turn being on match 2). Even on the matches where I didn't get hard tunneled myself, the killer just didn't give a poo poo about anybody but the target he wanted, to the point where I witnessed the anti-face camp triggered twice and the killer just ran them down. We got two or three out on every match but man it felt so incredibly lovely for the people who got picked to lose.

BHVR needs to be forced to play more matches themselves and experience this poo poo, I'm sure they know it exists in concept but it's one thing to know it exists and another to be actually going through it all the time.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
The reason tunneling is this bad right now is the same reason I saw three times as many Sadakos in the week after her 3.0 PTB, and a bunch of box camping Pigs recently: Tunneling is going to be harder in a few weeks so everyone's getting it in while they can.

I still think DS should just disable your power (like the Void did) for 10 seconds to equalize every killer instead of punishing M1 and no movement ability killers.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Rookie spirit is kinda good now with how common unforseen is.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Really in a few weeks we're going to be right back to where we were before, your teammate has DS so they furiously teabag after being unhooked. Then get their DS and teabag some more after that, losing the two seconds that would have been gained from the DS buff :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1774784010301870193?s=20

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
EX-CUSE ME, BHVR, BUT I WANTED TO BE PICKED UP AND CRUSHED TO DEATH IN A HUG BY HUNTRESS

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeathChicken posted:

Really in a few weeks we're going to be right back to where we were before, your teammate has DS so they furiously teabag after being unhooked. Then get their DS and teabag some more after that, losing the two seconds that would have been gained from the DS buff :v:
But they managed to slightly annoy another human being, making it all worth it!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousFragileAlligatorANELE-xIQvPRdLgADl6rCZ

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doomykins posted:

EX-CUSE ME, BHVR, BUT I WANTED TO BE PICKED UP AND CRUSHED TO DEATH IN A HUG BY HUNTRESS

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
That seems fun but why make a "my little pony" pun? The better name is "Oni, I shrunk the kids"

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

That seems fun but why make a "my little pony" pun? The better name is "Oni, I shrunk the kids"

Just another example where the players know more than BHVR. It even matches with the size disparity since the Oni isn't "little"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/dvveet/status/1774791860160237573?s=20

That Yun-Jin outfit is awesome.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

That's not Yun-Jin, thats Yun-Jojo!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe2oNzNxT4w

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Well I WAS going to stay faithful to Sable but I can't say no to a Yun-Jin outfit like that. Goddamn.

Also I'm so tired of Knight, I've seen so many of them lately and they all use the same boring strategy and there's fuckall you can do about it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Can you choose what Oni skin you want to use? Because the AoT skins seem like they'd be pretty loving great right now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just had a giant Oni slug for the 4k in the silly April Fools event. Like, holy poo poo how sweaty is this game now that this is a thing?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

Can you choose what Oni skin you want to use? Because the AoT skins seem like they'd be pretty loving great right now.

You can't use the AoT skin which is like. wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You can't use the AoT skin which is like. wtf.

I guess they didn't want you to be able to use any of the skins where Oni is barefoot