Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
TCM leatherface has a new issue where overheading will drain all his rev meter and doing anything will stall the chainsaw. But if you just wait a second (you can watch his animations), you can continue revving and attack. Its definitely new because I could overhead, rev to keep from stalling, and immediately start swinging. I guess its balanced because connie and sonny were easy to kill with the old way.

Half of my matches, bubba is already picked. So tales of his demise are exaggerated. He's not required imo but he's the fastest and strongest family member. I don't know why people wouldn't play him.

I wish people would complain about Johnny's power sucking instead of a glitch being fixed. I haven't spent a minute playing him so whatever.

Black Nancy is pretty strong. Her power is interesting, a teammate was telling me everything victims were doing. Cook can locate people but can't see who's around or what they are doing like that. Her barbed wire is pretty cool too. No way I'm spending $10-$20 on DLC for a $40 game.

The new map is creative. I'm pretty impressed they can rework the same theme in different ways. Gives me confidence they can last. But TCM needs a battlepass system because I don't have a lot of incentive to play outside of a few matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Comfortador posted:

They had a Twitch thing today where they announced some changes I like. I still enjoy playing this game, I just don't have as much time as I used to.

The game is good, it's on the devs to not mess it up. They are stubborn about some stuff (danny, johnny, lobby dodging). They aren't planning to develop it long term. They want to it to be a "museum" game like F13

temple
Jul 29, 2006

If you have an xbox, its a free weekend.
https://twitter.com/TXChainSawGame/status/1760049973972914235

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

It means the game is being kept on life support and their bringing in a skeleton crew to keep it alive for a bit longer. Expect no significantly new content that isn't just reskins. In the event there is new content it's likely just whatever is left over from the previous team.

This is exactly what happened to F13.
TCM isn't a live service game. A lot of people don't understand that. GUN said in 2023 that they would develop content until Aug 2024 and then re-evaluate. For whatever reason, people can't understand a game that isn't battlepass, FOMO inducing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

They said that they hoped to develop more but it depended on demand, however they had content until 2024 guaranteed. But the plan was always to continue developing if the game was successful. Which it wasn't. Which is why it's being given to a different crew.

Like if you want to say "the game is fine, it'll trot along just like Friday the 13th, having a tiny but dedicated fan base," yeah sure but let's not pretend that going from 20k+ to <1k is anything other than a pretty massive playerbase loss in a multiplayer only game with extremely limited content.

If people love the game enough to continue playing the same five maps ad nauseum with 10 or so characters, then God speed to them. But let's not pretend this game didn't completely fumble their post launch support.

And yes, it doesn't have battle passes or other FOMO stuff but it does have skins that are just recolors at prices that would make dbd blush. At least I can earn a ton of skins in dbd without spending a cent, but if your want a better leatherface skin you have to drop the cost of the base game on something that does not even functionality alter the killer. I'd take dbd's model over the extremely lazy while simultaneously being extremely greedy model any day.

Edit: don't get me wrong I played a lot of TCM, I got my money's worth and I put it down a while ago. But it was absolutely positioned to be a live service game if they maintained the numbers.
The game has instant queues, new content fans specifically asked for, and teased a new character. All this week. So strange you are making GBS threads on now.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Kwolok posted:

It has pretty good queues because there is absolutely zero matchmaking. But I tried playing recently at off hours and I gave up after 20 minutes of lobby simulator.

They still haven't fixed the lobby dodging/queueing problems.

I'm not making GBS threads on it now, I've been making GBS threads on the impressively bad mishandling of the game forever. I'm just laughing at the fact that the game is in such a downward spiral their giving it to a skeleton crew to life support it.
Lobby dodging is a problem. It's mostly because of Danny though, which is 100% the devs fault. He shouldn't have that ability, it can't be balanced. Otherwise, they've fixed other reasons people dodge like slaughterhouse/pressure tank.

Anyways, I know this is will be used to prove why the game is even deader than before

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

What's the deal with Danny, as someone who doesn't play the game themselves to know?
TCM has 4 exits, some of which will close automatically after a minute. As counterplay, killers can close them, locking the rest of the team back in. Danny says gently caress that and can instantly open them, keep them open, and killers can't close them for 3 minutes. Which is a lifetime in the game. It's like if a survivor in DBD could complete gens in 20 seconds and the killer can't regress them.

In my experience, most dannys get chased on non stop and die before any of his bullshit starts. But good players can and will gently caress you over. It's happened to me a handful of times as family and on victim, my teammates always die but it's basically game over if you can't kill danny in 2 minutes.

temple fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 27, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Can anyone give some do's and dont's to get start with DBZ The Breakers? This game is a lot to digest.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My knowledge is probably out of date since I haven't played in a while (waiting for the new season to drop) but buy the grappling hook from the shop ASAP as it is an extremely useful escape tool and general traversal one. I dunno what kind of tickets they've been giving out so I have no idea what kind of skills you have or can obtain atm though.

General gameplay wise though, don't sensu bean after being downed if the Raider is still ontop of you because you get no iframes and will just instantly die and be removed from the game entirely. Don't try to engage with the Raider if you're stuck at power level 1 unless you have multiple other 2s and 3s going after them, but don't be afraid to blow your dragon charge when the raider is on their way to escape. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask because I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff right now lol.
Thanks. I've been playing nonstop. It's really different and a good mix running and fighting. But it's very random.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Dragon Ball: The Breakers is on sale 50% off (Steam). Might have to do with Akira Toriyama. RIP

temple fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 8, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Reminds me of Claudette face. Really makes me wonder who is working there.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

DB Breakers would be the perfect if they brought back raider queue and deleted the ETM
TCM released a new map and survivor. Both are cool. But the survivor's "blood web" equivalent is broken and 65% of her perks are unavailable. And it's paid DLC.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

Starting to think they should straight up remove Boil Over from the game with how many matches I've had of people wildly loving over their teammates just to try and get value out of funny horse perk

High prestige Claudette who brought Dead Dawg, didn't touch a single generator, just ran circles and fast vaulted in the main building, didn't even touch the upstairs main building generator. Failed every flashlight save she tried, accidentally sandbagged a teammate on death hook, tried to kill herself on hook when she got caught. I'd rather have a bot teammate at that point. Of course she gets out anyway.
You could delete boil over and those players would still exist.

The last time I had fun in DBD was running a build with tenacity, power struggle, smash hit, and boil over because it works with tenacity. Had a match with someone using boon: experimental and it was interesting.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Just a TCM update
Promised a bunch of stuff, delivered most but not a new killer. The DLC survivor was released with a huge bug in their skill tree (bloodweb) where 2/3rds of their perks were unplayable. Broke stuns and some abilities.

The Devs:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7359256861448703263

I barely play now. Paid money and they released broke content. Mainly playing Breakers and actually like it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I'm off TCM now. I spent money and they released broken stuff. gently caress them. Its bad enough that they only release DLC but then release it bugged on day 1. Like the first thing a person does is check the new char's skill tree and over half of it was broken. The devs actually made a game that's fun but decided to piss away the goodwill of players. Few updates, little communication, when they did talk they insulted people, and strategic bugs. Like it's free weekend and leatherface is unstunable and the "all I can do is tamper" guy mysteriously has his tamper ability broken. I get new players would hate if leatherface was door slammed by vets all match or the tamper guy rushes out the exit in 2 minutes (killer favored bugs btw). But maybe you should nerf those abilities instead of breaking them for a month and fixing them after the hype dies down.

And the fuckers won't apologize. I didn't even want an apology but the non-apology is just as bad. I'll play it occasionally with friends. But they've lost me and I had no expectations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

Temple I respect you and I'm not disputing it sounds like TCM has made some blunders as someone who's outside it and hasn't played, but "the devs purposely introduced bugs to make the game more fun for one side for the free weekend" sounds pretty tinfoil hat, I'm not gonna lie. Like borderline "BHVR only cares about killer mains and they want to deliberately ruin everything fun for survivors!!" stuff

TCM already has bugs that have become features. Yes its conspiratory but when devs have gaslight us then said "welp the bug is feature now", I'm pretty suspicious. Leatherface and Johnny had bugs that are, according to the devs "unfixable", and added to their kit.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

TCM has no matchmaking
Breakers has ranked, like old dbd. Except you can't tank your rank until you get to the highest level.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Never show mercy. Never meme. Always play to win.
It's fun to win. It's fun to get better. It's fun see to growth. You might even appreciate other people's skill in the process.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

I just can't play this way. Sometimes something funny happens in the game and I have to stop to appreciate it. Sometimes someone's being a goofball in a really genuine way. Sometimes someone gets hosed over hugely by a bug that shouldn't have happened. Sometimes someone plays super well and just gets hosed over by the rest of their team. Sometimes everyone plays super well and gets hosed over by one person throwing. I've been in that situation way too many times to not show a bit of mercy.

Plus, the current "play to win" is tunneling people at 5 gens, which I just can't do. More power to others, it exists as a mechanic in the game, but I can't stand being on the other end of that and I can't inflict it on anyone else either unless they give me reason to do it (like teabagging or having racist alt-right poo poo in their steam profile).

I do try to win and I do appreciate the skill of others but it's these moments of levity and humanity that keep me playing DBD at all.
Tunneling didn't always work at high level and it was bad practice. But many update later, there's not much survivors can do and that's why I don't play.

temple fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 22, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tombstone is dumb and not even fun for either side. It's a "i win before this starts" kind of thing. Which is why people crying over hiding in a locker is extra delicious. "No! You can't ruin this match that I was ruining first!"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I saw some people complaining about distortion. It's a cherry picked quote so you can go "omg the other side is so dumb".

Kind of why I like TCM and Breakers so much. Killers have objectives other than tunnel survivors to death and proxy camp. Some in Breakers will body camp and it's meh. Sometimes it's you, sometimes it's not. It takes so long to do that it's disadvantageous unless the killer is mortified of that specific player. But DBD was designed as a beta that became locked into that gameplay for almost a decade ago and nothing or noone is allowed to change it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

TCM released an update. Gutted survivor perks, buffed killer perks. They even lied because months ago, they nerfed a meta survivor perk. But people didn't overreact because they promised to rebalanced some killer perks in exchange. Well, they buffed them instead. I've uninstalled. This is beyond disappointment, it's baffling.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

curiousTerminal posted:

Literally every single person for a year and a half: If you buff DS back to 5 seconds you're going to get survivors using it aggressively and it's going to disproportionately affect lower tier killers without any kind of movement
BHVR: okay but if we disable M2 powers it won't be consistent (kicking 8 different hex totem functionalities under the bed where nobody will see them) anyway here's 5 second ds because we can't figure out how to do basekit anti tunnel

So anyway 3/4 of my games today had people running at me aggressively with DS/UB and I didn't see a single killer under A tier at all. You know, the ones who can eat a 5 second DS and don't care?
How about that meta shakeup, everyone! DS/UB/DH/Adren on every survivor, and Pop/Pain Res/Nowhere to Hide/Corrupt Intervention on every killer, but mostly Huntress and Blight. The game's sure come a long way since 2022 :)
Well when they nerf every synergy or good perk that comes out, what are people supposed to do?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I know people never want to leave DBD but Dragon Ball the Breakers has stole my heart. It's really good and doesn't have the core issues of DBD. The gatcha hate is overblown. It's only bad if you are, like me, new and trying to catch up. But I've done well without the meta skills. Then I got the meta skills and don't need them. The way raiders work and change over the course of a match is what makes the game interesting. Just a suggestion.

TCM released an update with a penalty for lobby dodging. It's an overdue change. Still mad at the devs though. But maybe they will get it together.

temple fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is Broly still super oppressive? I haven't played Breakers in a while but he was ridiculously OP on launch and while fitting lore wise it made playing against him very unfun. Felt like I never won a game outside the hatch equiv after he released.
No, Goku Black is the new hotness. Broly has never felt op to me and people aren't high on him. Maybe it's the super transphere. Maybe he was stronger in the past.