Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Didn't get a whole lot of time to play TCM this weekend, but man is it more confusing and difficult and deep than you'd think just watching streams. Especially for Victims, like you think passively watching a streamer it's going to be boring and repetitive, no tension, just do tasks and repeat but nope, it's scary as hell when you're mid-action and you hear a chainsaw getting closer. I tried Victim a few times, I think my record for staying alive was like five minutes. Never made it out of the basement. The Killer side is an entirely different game. The horror is gone, and you're just trying to get those drat kids off your lawn and keep your Grandpa hydrated. I think I'm going to stick with Killer for a while to learn the maps, learn the limitations of the Killer side and use whatever skill points I don't put into the family into my Victims of choice.

It seems like it'll be a lot of fun, for a while at least. I was skeptical but it's actually pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

My problem with Johnny, the one time I played him, was that I'd be chasing somebody so I knew for a fact they came through an area, but then I'd pop my ability and wouldn't see a "clue" anywhere. Unless I'm just missing something, or the clue system can put footprints in places where you can't find it like inside the tall grass or stuck under the floor.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Evil Dead's main issue is that it's an asymmetrical game instead of just a co-op horde shooter/beat-em-up. Everything would've been better if they just jettisoned the entire Kandarian Demon play option and they just had a generic AI "director" like L4D's campaign mode, then beefed it up and balanced it. I mean, you could just play co-op without a human demon, but the game seems like it was balanced around having a human player on the other side.

Asymmetrical games are fine and good, but not every drat licensed horror game needs to be a team-based, player-vs-player multiplayer game :colbert:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Fair enough, or a The Thing type game where one player starts as a deadite and every player they kill turns into a deadite.

And like F13, have a way to call Ash on a ham radio or whatever. Ash mains can lobby up solo, waiting for the call.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The one and only thing that puts me off of DbD is all the min-maxing, grognard bullshit that I refuse to learn.

I hear people talking about all the perks by name, and everybody who's deep into the game knows immediately what they mean and my eyes go cross. Everything on the Bloodweb, to me, looks identical with slightly different percentages that do things I can't even begin to comprehend. I like the basic gameplay, it's fine, and I pretty much only play killer when I play because survivor looks boring, but it feels like I'm missing out on 80% of the game by not really understanding the perks and what they do.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

My personal strategy for dealing with loops is just, don't. I see somebody running for a cluster of pallets and I just wander off back to generator patrol duty. I learned at least that much from my time in F13, when people would do the "jump through windows repeatedly" trick.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Regardless, I don't think Gun Media are ever going to work on F13 again no matter what happens.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Was in a TCM just now, playing Sissy, and I got off a poison blow just as Leland locked me into a grapple and it locked me out of almost all interactions and prevented me from slashing or poisoning. The poison cloud didn't go off until after the grapple, which Leland won. I blew the cloud, got knocked over, and that's when I couldn't do anything else for the rest of the match except open doors.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

You can still get perks from the Shrine for characters you don't own.

Something I learned multiple times after buying a killer and then their perk shows up in the shrine shortly after.

Yeah yeah "don't buy non-licensed killers" but I'm not a patient guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm so loving hyped for Chucky, it's something I never thought I'd see and yet here we are.

And they handled him perfectly. Especially the vocal lines, he never shuts up and there's just so many unique lines. I watched some of the Otz stream and I was amazed at just how much dialogue Chucky has, and we probably haven't even heard all of it yet. Also his movement, attack speed, everything is spot on.

So how long until they nerf all his best perks and add-ons?