Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
I honestly think custom matches with friends with one buddy rotating as the Killer role would be the absolute best way to play this game.

Edit:
What a shameful page snype. Here, have a Clown:

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 31, 2023

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
At least it's not another stupid charm

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
How bad is cheating on TCM lately? Are PC players still segregated off from everyone else?

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
I was excited to see that they're fixing Shattered Square, then bummed when I didn't see anything about how hard it is to see scratch marks on that turd of a map.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nemesis' zombies are more effective at monitoring generators than Skull Merchant drones.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Does the Killer get any kind of notification that their proximity to the hooked Survivor is filling the anti face camping progress bar?

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Speaking of the anti face camping change, last night all the games I played were as Bubba, with some special rules:

Always bring Survivors to the Basement
Never hook Survivors anywhere other than the Basement
Chill out with (face camp) the hooked Survivor
If the Survivor unhooks themselves, let them go
If someone else unhooks the Survivor, let them both go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n46tNCuMm20

It was surprisingly fun. Threw lots of jerks onto hooks, made some friends along the way.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
They put out a message about the iri shards being included in the sale. Shard prices will also be discounted soon after they make a quick update.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
That poo poo's obviously broken. Better nerf Pig.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

If you want to have a laugh take Insidious and NOED and hide right outside the gate controls. They pop it open and you're right there to smack one down

A few weeks ago I was running doing exactly that, with the addition of:
Game Afoot (If you hit someone that you've chased the most, they become the Obsession)
Rancor (During endgame, your Obsession is exposed and you can Mori them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3rtSBIt4I

During one of those games I committed the above crimes.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
It Came From Reddit

3D Twins mousepad. Technically it isn't NSFW, but I wouldn't want my boss seeing this.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'd pay $10 for a Scoops Ahoy skin for my Demogorgon.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sokani posted:

I can't get 3 great skill checks in a match for the tome. Everyone is running self-heal or just has a med-kit and won't let me heal them. When I do get to heal the skill checks just don't appear and I'm running out of add-ons that make them more likely fuuuuuck.

Empathic Connection helps bring other Survivors to you for healing. Self Care can help, since it lets you try for great checks on yourself. Also, Bite The Bullet can help you feel more confident about going for the great skill checks.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
A Dredge skin with nightvision goggles. You know, to help Dredge see in the dark.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
:frogout:

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1CHgWiPvUQ

Sometimes I like to play Insidious with Doctor. If you stand still sometimes Survivors will mistake you for yet another figment of their imagination.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tiny Myers posted:

I've never cared for Franklin's Demise - another one of those "I respect it but prefer not to use it" things. It can feel a little mean spirited, though part of it I think is that most of the people I run into with it are acting kind of rude in other ways, e.g. tunneling and facecamping type behavior, so I just associate it with that on some level.

Some of my favorite Trapper games are when I bring Franklin's Demise. Immediately after knocking a flashlight out of Claudette's hand I'll put a trap on top of it. Bill's medkit just hit the floor? Trapped! If I'm feeling especially saucy I'll trap a flashlight, then lay out a minefield of traps around the bear trapped beemer.

Sometimes the Survivors ignore their trapped possessions. More often they'll get into the spirit of my game and try to rescue the item, making for a really fun distraction from the usual game of DbD.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Rancor endgame builds with zero regression are what I run 80% of the time. It's super fun to play without worrying about regression - just practice chases during the generator phase of the game, then have a really intense and fun endgame. If you had fun with the survivors in the generator phase of the game, the survivors will sometimes teabag your victim in the middle of the mori animation.

Another reason to go with zero regression builds is that they tend to last just 10 minutes. If you're playing ten minute games (as opposed to 15 or 20 minute games) you'll earn XP and rift fragments at the fastest possible rate.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Relyssa posted:

Am I the only one getting a lot more killers just shaking their head at me while they slug me/stare at me on the hook? I'm not very good at this game, nor do I do anything like head on abuse/flashlight clicking, whatever. I don't understand.

If I run across an unexpected Boil Over (pick up a dude, see the red horsey, see no hooks nearby, panic) I'll drop the dude and hover in the area, expecting a self pickup. If I pick up someone who is a committed Boil Over Extreme player, someone that is playing in a way that makes it almost impossible for me to hook, I'll often slug and camp the slug while they bleed out. It's not a winning strategy, but it is satisfying.

I guess the only other time I'd slug and camp is if a single Survivor were being a jerk to their fellow survivors. I did that once when I caught a dude hiding in lockers the whole game. That was also satisfying.

Certain players have always been jerks when hooking people. I'm not a fan of shaking my head at hooked players or hitting them on the hook. If they gave a good chase I'll sometimes nod once before taking off. If they did really well I'll nod my head a few times, then stand next to them so they can self unhook.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
3 gen solution:
Killer starts with 10 toes. Every time she kicks a generator, one toe falls off.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
I usually enjoy watching Youtube Otz videos. Very chill, entertaining, and informative. His Killstreak videos are the opposite of chill, and I don't bother watching them anymore.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Survivors could instantly turn a 4K match into an everyone escapes match by throwing a snowball at my Snowman Dredge.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Generators System Update
The 3-gen strategy (identifying the closest 3 Generators and defending only them) has become very strong, especially on certain Killers. This can lead to very long games and frustration. To help prevent such situations, the following now applies:

Each Generator can only suffer 8 regression events maximum.
After the max has been reached on a Generator, that Generator can no longer be regressed by the Killer (including kicks, Add-ons, and Perk-related regressions).

Perks Affected
Hex: Ruin
All Generators are affected by Hex: Ruin. While a Generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 50%/75%/100% of the normal regression speed. (no longer deactivates when a Survivor is killed).

If I'm reading this right, in a game that has Ruin, Survivors can start the game by tapping a generator 8 times. This will cause 8 generator regression events on that generator, preventing Ruin from working and preventing the Killer from kicking that generator for the rest of the match. Is that how it's really going to work?

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Dead by Daylight Lights Out starts tomorrow.

Here is How It Works:

The mode has a dark world filter that greatly reduces the visibility for all Players by lowering the brightness of the lighting on the Map.

Players can't use perks, items, or offerings.

However, Survivors are allowed to equip and use any Item that they find in a chest. Keys will not spawn.

The number of chests are increased from 3 to 8 and it will only spawn rare items (green, purple, and red)

No HUD. No aura. No scratch marks. No terror radius.

Lights Out is only playable on 4 selected Maps, one of which will be chosen at random:

Mount Ormond Resort

Treatment Theatre

Family Residence

The Shattered Square

Without Killer info perks and Survivor scratch marks this could get drawn out and tedious. I'll still give it a shot, but I'm worried this will be the week of John Travolta is Lost meme.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
The main argument against buying the latest new cool Dredge skin is that you already have half a dozen really cool Dredge skins.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you're going for comedy with your No Mither build, consider Plot Twist. Catch a Killer running Corrupt Intervention at the start of the match, hard counter it with Plot Twist + No Mither, then see if you can get a Killer to disconnect in the first minute of the game.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Midnight Ghost Hunt came out of Early Access yesterday. Has anyone here played it? Any thoughts on the game? The concept seems interesting, but I haven't heard a peep about it from the usual content creator crowd.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Currently 653 players in game. Ouch.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Anyone else here leave their personal Steam profile page's comment section on? It's wonderful for collecting interesting commentary on your Dead By Daylight gameplay.

quote:

get off of dbd please quit killer now u make me want to cry

quote:

i escaped the clown.

quote:

your basement was very clean, thank you bubba

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dead By Daylight Twitter posted:

Enter the code SPLENDID in the in-game Store before May 14 11AM ET to unlock 500K Bloodpoints and 30 Rift Fragments.

Edit: There's also a 10 Rift Fragment freebie gift in the Store. Bottom right of the same page that you use to enter that code.

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 2, 2024

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
"Fixed an issue in Raccoon City Police Department East Wing where players could climb onto the toilets"

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
Great minds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCe07vubTYE&t=251s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
DBD is one of those games that I personally love, but I wouldn't recommend it to most of my friends.