Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Being attached to a 60 dollar title was so loving stupid. Was basically DOA on PC at least, could only get games the first few days RE3make launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The other really weird thing I remember was that the characters all had a ton of dialogue but you only ever heard yours.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got a couple matches in before the queues started getting bad. Alien is pretty fun! Hard to really tell how good they are since we're at the learning stage where people barely use turrets though.

I like the perk that makes people scream when they're in your terror radius, good for hunting down people hiding.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No clue if this was a one off thing or not but someone used head on, and I got stunned as they came out of the locker as usual,and then like 2 seconds later I got the 'head on" icon again and was stunned once more. They did head on me a few more times and it didn't happen again so I really hope it was some weird fluke and not an exploit.

There's also a few corners within the z walls on Borgo that the alien can't pick up survivors from which is Cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I tried playing it a few times and it really was just utterly demoralizing to play the Demon. Survivors that knew what they were doing could chain fully iframed execution animations on your units and be untouchable.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

I keep hearing people say this but imo a lot, lot fewer people care about what storefront a game is on than is what is claimed. It died out because it had gameplay issues, not because they made the cardinal sin of shunning our sacred Steam

It probably hurt discoverability for low info normie gamers a bit but the game had crossplay and still died so yeah I agree it wasn't just due to EGS.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Will never understand the extreme brand loyalty to steam. Valve has sucked so much for longer than they were cool lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also I know it's to mimic the movie but the wobble cam as Demon seriously gave me motion sickness, which I've never ever gotten in a game before lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've noticed an uptick of survivors trying to reset pallets right infront of me and then ragequitting when I punish them for it. IDGI. is this another survivor handbook thing where I'm supposed to just let them do that?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I haven't really been keeping up with the news. This new anti camp meter thing doesn't work when gates are powered right?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Right, since there's nothing to do other than bait survivors with a hook after the gates are powered.

Yeah exactly. Just well. Given the questionable balance decisions BHVR does, I had to make sure.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

With how weak it is in its current state. Hell: Why not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everytime I pick someone up and see the funny meme horse icon I get irrationally annoyed, even if they aren't doing anything toxic. I don't slug em though unless they're being obnoxious.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it still kosher to talk about other asymmetrical games here like the last thread?

DB Breakers is doing its first year anniversary and it seems like they at least are trying to revitalize the game after it basically has been on the brink of death for 8 months.

I was super into this game at launch and played a ton with friends but poor balance and a declining playerbase ended up burning my friends and I out that we all eventually stopped, but the upcoming changes seem pretty good.

Crossplay for one is going to be huge since right now the game is split up between 4 tiny playerbases and being able to merge them all will be a huge boon I think. Also excited to see some meta shakeups have happened since launch, and the bike (RIP) has been nerfed enough that it's no longer something every survivor in every match runs and makes games over before the raider can hit level 3. Really hoping all these changes are enough to jolt the game back from the brink because of how fun it is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They did bring back a dedicated Raider Queue which you'll be waiting 15-20mins but you won't have to play survivor at least if you don't wanna.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Legion is popular enough that you'll still see people running it on the off chance they face them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think if there was any time to do a FNAF killer it'd be now with the movie out but that teaser just does not make any sense to me as FNAF lol. They wouldn't go for something that subtle.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Watching Scott play around with him and he seems really fun. Being able to chain your dash across windows and pallets is going to be a blast.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

A couple of his animations I hope get somewhat of a touch up but other than that he seems perfect.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What is that first flag on the second row.

e: oh I'm stupid it's the kindred perk but a general pride thing right lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Batteries Not Included nerf is silly IMO. The other nerfs I think were justified, but like Survivors already get free haste in the endgame with Hope. And I felt like Batteries Not Included was not really crazy enough that people would be running it very commonly in general as a counter pick or whatever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't wait to unleash the Chuckster.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat I knew queue times would be rough but I've been trying to get a match for like 10 minutes now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Boil Over needs a nerf really but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get instinctively annoyed whenever I see the funny horse icon on survivor pickup.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think Otz has as much power as people think he does given how much he's begged them to fix or nerf or buff things and it never happens.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol had a match where I was changing my build at the last second and forgot to replace flip-flop. Kicking myself since it's going to be useless, but after getting downed at the end the killer ran off to try to stop the other survivor from opening the gate, and seemingly failed. I recover to 99% and then get picked up finally, and the hook he wanted was just far enough that the 50% boost let me wiggle, vault and get the gently caress out right before he could down me. Real mistakes into miracles poo poo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Someone in Scott's chat said that it made her go invisible when activated.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Otz has been doing a all killers beginners tip series and man, so many games with cheaters or people killing themself on first down that it's ruined the whole thing and he has been extremely checked out on stream in a way he never got even in streaks usually. What a bummer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Weird question but how long did it take ya'll playing survivor to stop having that anxious feeling when you're being chased or like 10% away from finishing a gen. I know I can't be the only one. I mostly play killer (I have like 350 hours and prob 320 of it is killer, if not more) and yet anytime I play survivor I feel legitimately anxious when doing stuff lmao. Idk why... Prob cuz I'm not very good at looping

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Removing gen tapping is good. Always hated that poo poo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blood Rush would do the same then too, yeah?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

All you gotta do is run Lightborn and you completely neuter this combo so it's kind of a wash. I think it's fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I need to stop fearing p100 survivors...

most of the time this happens, they get downed and then after being unhooked completely give up and expect me to down and rehook them for the suicide and just leaving them on the floor gets them to d/c almost everytime lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Watching Otz play the new game mode and..This really looks silly in not a good way lol.

Having no gen or healing status bar is just...What does this add really?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

New killer is prob the creepiest one they've ever designed I think, just from pure visuals.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It makes me insanely basic but I also love her design alot lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It really feels like classic BHVR that they added a disclaimer saying her third perk is basically going to be entirely different and to ignore it on the PTB. like. come on...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'll admit my eyes kind of glazed over trying to read the Unknowns lore but his powers seem weird. He can shoot out an alien mouth thing that sprays people with gunk that they have to look at him to get rid of, and also creates clones that you can teleport to? Love the design but mechanically he just seems kinda all over the place.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Umbreon posted:

Does he? Looks like he's got a pretty solid chase ability with counterplay and also map mobility, All pretty simple to use too.

I should clarify, I mean like. His kit on a purely mechanical level works but it feels like two random things thrown together which also feel kind of weird with the killers aesthetic (to me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I do wonder if it doesn't use the head/neck for the projectile since it'd look weird from a first person perspective, the tentacle mouth gives you a clear idea of where you're shooting at in a way that globbing out your mouth wouldn't since your viewbox is not actually where the killer's head is. I think it's not a great compromise but I get the idea behind it I guess.

Also I like how it kicks pallets instead of using the axe and IMO it should swing with the other hand and not use the axe at all for m1s. Would make it creepier to me, like it's holding an ax as a way to mimic how humans hold things but doesn't understand what it actually is or used for.