Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
mmmn new thread smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I was gonna buy this a month or two ago and steamcharts said there was only two players online :/

platform exclusives are suck!!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

I keep hearing people say this but imo a lot, lot fewer people care about what storefront a game is on than is what is claimed. It died out because it had gameplay issues, not because they made the cardinal sin of shunning our sacred Steam

I think for me a year ago, I already had Xbox PC, Blizzard, and GOG and didn't want to add another platform. It was so fragmented that I ended up just buying a PS5 and downloading my old PS library

Poor gameplay really is the killer tho. For all its strange tiks, DBD has pretty simple mechanics I think, and it clicks in satisfying ways. I never got around to playing Evil Dead but it at least seemed to have the right aesthetic vibe. I thought Friday the 13th was a lot of fun but it was also clunky sometimes. It was more fun than DBD tho in that players didn't seem to take things too seriously. I always went in expecting to get wrecked in F13. The relationship with the killer-player in DBD is a lot different

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

g*d i love hawkins