Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!
One of the many many reasons I love Tombstone Myers is that he just doesn't care about boil over abuse. I recommend any killer getting frustrated with sabo/flash light/bully squads to take a game as him, with the right build he turns all those things against survivors and it always feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Relyssa posted:

i get really annoyed at being on the receiving end of this especially if i've avoided him all game and he stalked my idiot teammates instead

That's fair, especially with PWYF it's really easy to catch someone off guard that you haven't seen all game and just boot them out. Tombstone piece is worse for this than infinite IMO, as with the latter you really have to drain three people almost completely, and even then you're slow enough that the survivor has decent time to get away.

I honestly like playing against it as survivor, though. It feels like an actual horror game with tension, but I do understand your point and don't disagree that it's probably not super fun for most survivors.

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Relyssa posted:

It also can lead to that really obnoxious standoff where the survivor knows you're tombstoning so they hop in a locker and wait out the staring match. If I'm surviving I just take the L but I've been on the Myers side of this before and the lengths survivors will go to avoid it is astonishing. Trying for the tombstone 4K achievement? gently caress you, I'm in a locker now.

Completely agree on the achievement being bullshit, everything about that is annoying. I actually like the locker hopping mechanic, especially with tombstone piece, both because it feels like a fair counter-play and because you can sometimes trick survivors into hopping into a locker before you pop Tier III off which makes it a fun game of chicken IMO. I also think using the fear of being mori'd is a fun/underrated part of Tombstone Myers.