Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, without Flannel I would have had a real hard time grasping how teleports get hung up on walls/trees/the random bits of crap all over Garden of Joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I agree entirely that a lot of killer is just recognizing where not to even bother trying to chase someone. Like if someone keeps beelining for the house on Garden of Joy gently caress it, you are never going to get them barring something sneaky like a Demo teleport/being Nurse. Otherwise the upstairs window is way too strong for you

Relatedly plopping a Demo portal on the stairs there is funny as poo poo and does catch people on the gen since he momentarily snuffs his terror radius on a teleport

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Xenomorph pretty much stuck the landing too, so I expect they'll nerf its tail to be so clunky no one ever plays it (I already see the whining from the usual suspects)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There is very little funnier than a flashy bully squad trying for a save but you brought a mori and that just isn't going to work out

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It'd be fine if it had any kind of a time limit, it's mostly the whole "Get hit for a permanent buff" that's ridiculous

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It was glaring on Nemesis, his zombies weren't nearly as stupid on the PTB as they are now

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also Metal Gear Online, which I found fascinating because cardboard boxes really did trick live humans. You could hide in one and people would happily run by, no one was going to stop to check a random box when there were snipers about

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm sure this will work out great on something like Gideon's, where you can be in proximity to a hook and also under it on another floor

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Devs are like "Best I can do is 8 versions of Badham"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Michael is always spooky, you never really know when that rear end in a top hat is lurking :argh:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Save the Best For Last is stunningly good on him since survivors just *love* running at you if it means they can break up your stealth. So smack them for it, if you get to 8 stacks they're doomed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

This feels like the time they put basekit Unbreakable in the PTB and within a few hours Tofu was doing videos showing how you could send the game to Midwich and be completely invincible if you got rid of one hook

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also why Friday the 13th felt like a much more chill game. Half the fun of playing the teenagers was all the hilarious ways Jason could rip you to bits, and most people seemed to accept that escaping was a bonus, not the experience

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

and the response to that was nothing
Hey that's not true, the response to that was "We're aware this really doesn't work in cases like multi-floors but that's a niche thing so whatever" :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mainly put that on survivors plopping them next to gens, the one place Xeno can pop up and automatically disable them

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I never seem to get any value out of No Way Out for that reason, by the time I waddle all the way to the gate after the alert everyone is just gone and waiting the timer out

Also wow, Waterlogged Shoe Hag with PWYF is funnier than a barrel of monkeys. Sure, bring MFT, I'm still faster than your silly rear end

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 29, 2023

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The trick to Pig is that she has to play dirty since she has nothing to help in a chase and you'll get hosed if you try engaging chases on overly safe maps (read: most of the maps). Once you get a hook + trap though, the vast majority of the time you know where that person is going, straight to the nearest box and they probably won't heal before they do it. If you meet them there you likely have a second down, no one pays attention at boxes

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Save the Best For Last is very good on her since she needs to be able to run someone down, and in the event the obsession really needs a smack you can dash at them

Whispers single handedly adds a lot of value to her stealth, since you can duck as soon as it lights up, hang out for a sec and creep in

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I once had somebody do the run upstairs on Crotus Penn thing for literally ten minutes doing nothing but spamming locker noises. Nonstop, for ten minutes while I ignored them and killed everyone else on the team. Finally I stood below the window (I was Huntress) and just waited. Finally they popped their head out, hatchet to the face

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I was today years old when I learned a survivor crawling out of the gate with an active Pig hat will escape and not die. I knew they could go through the hatch but the gate, nope

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeesh, the rift was grindier than usual this time. Usually I can hit the easier archives, ignore the overly annoying ones and still have enough points to fill out the entire bonus list. This time hitting most of the archives and the points from the event still left me 10 rungs shy of finishing it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They had commented on the multi-floor thing before to the effect of "We're aware but that's a niche case so eh"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I also blame the archives/dailies for that one. "Unhook 12 people", sure, I just have to beat Meg to the hook since she has that archive too and I don't get poo poo if she beats me to it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Randomizer is very fun. Tried that archive with Legion, ended up with Pop/Overcharge/Spirit Fury/Hoarder. First two were a pretty okay combo, Hoarder did nothing until the end of the game when everyone suddenly decided to start raiding chests. Well hello there Meg, fancy seeing you here

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean it doesn't take that many games to figure out the guy trying really hard to get your attention probably isn't doing anything important and can be left alone

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'd also say gutting Thrill of the Hunt was a nerf since that got rid of Totem Death Pig

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Red Herring/Repressed Alliance/Fixated/Spine Chill. Killer gets near-ish, spring Repressed, power walk away to a locker. Gen blows up, killer moves in to an abandoned gen they can't kick

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I once abandoned a match entirely to go chase after glyphs, I then had someone yelling at me about tunneling after it was over. That one's always stuck with me, what the actual gently caress

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They managed the balance pretty well in Friday the 13th, where Jason could smash your face in if he caught you but he also had many plates to juggle and there was usually a method of temporarily getting him off your rear end. But that game may have also been the rare lightning in a bottle where the community didn't care all that much about Win Win Win as long as the game was funny. For the most part, you'd definitely get sweatlords/bullies but they weren't the majority of the playerbase

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Was tooling around with Nurse for a daily, my biggest hurdle with her remains that she never feels like she's lunging even if I hold my mouse button coming out of a teleport. Like the amount of times I'm visually right on top of a survivor, swing and hit nothing while they run away is mind boggling

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Franklin's Demise (off Leatherface) is the funniest way to deal with a lobby full of items. It makes them drop their item on a hit and they just completely lose their minds

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So I was messing around with Nurse again, mostly getting skunked by a SWF, getting a few more hits in than usual (I'm improving! I'll never take off my Plaid Flannel but I'm improving) but no one dead in endgame. I do chase someone off of the switch, he runs away. Then rather than chase him I teleported behind the closed gate and just waited. Figured they either come back to my gate or they all go out the other gate, whichever.

The first guy I was chasing tries the switch again. I teleport out, grab them and end up with the best 1K I've ever felt

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Continuing my efforts to get better at Nurse, been running a bunch of aura reading stuff (Nurse's Calling/Lethal/Nowhere to Hide/I'm All Ears) and that's usually enough to wipe the floor with anyone not smart enough to exploit what she's/I'm bad at. Mostly weird jukes and trying to hit people near scenery without smacking a random bush instead of the survivor

Also gave me a better idea of how to play against Nurse, do weird jukes and hug the scenery :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh yeah, I find the entire discourse about Lightborn weird as gently caress. "Just look at a wall! You're wasting a perk!" A) Looking at a wall often doesn't do poo poo, you'll get blinded with your face wedged inside the shack B) The killer has very little say on where a survivor actually falls down, if they do so in the middle of the cornfield or something then what wall, C) if the killer is wasting a perk on Lightborn then I would assume you, survivor, should be happy about that. The gently caress are you whining about

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Scoss posted:

More adventures in watching twitch vods of ttv username SWF squads.
Had a near identical game on RPD except I was Dredge, mostly doing the RPD Shuffle and slamming into walls while trying to navigate. Did catch one guy hiding right next to a gen, hooked him, left, teleported back after the unhook and found him all alone again, dead. The rest of the team I mostly screwed around with while spawning three ghosts for the archive.

TTV Guy: Wow the tunneling was crazy

...I mean if you count the guy who ran into me after the unhook I *guess*, the rest of them I was purposefully messing around with because of the event

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I enjoy how wildly inconsistent it is that super rare purple addons might be the best option or maybe the best option is that cheap gray addon you have 300 of already

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Hello we heard you hate MFT so we're nerfing it for everyone except Legion who can get hosed"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That weird addon that uncloaks you on a pallet break is really funny. So many people just stand around at pallets waiting to see what you'll do/blind you, then it's like 'Whoops'

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So if they start selling Demo again I wonder what they do with all his perks that are now free on everyone, if anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hawkins feels like such a throwback. They'd never do this "20 pallets and maybe 2 of them are safe" thing nowadays. They'd just make Gideon's and call it a day