Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

More like Dead Game By Daylight once [insert game title in post] comes out

canada jezus posted:

Trying out TCM today, so far i like it better than evil dead. Enjoy being on a team as the killer player tbh. Just had a game with some vocal dudes, which was pretty fun.

edit: crashes are frustrating though

Yeah it's pretty buggy. I haven't had any crashes yet but I still randomly just lose the ability to move forward and have to backwards run through the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

DBD still sucks, but TCM has been fun so far.

Although Johnny feels like a bad jack of all trades, he can't kill you like Bubba, he can't chase you like Hitchhiker or Sissy, he doesn't have any powerful utility like Cook, it feels like he finds your footsteps and 99% of the time it just leads to something he can't get past while the victim's long gone, hell I was playing a level 0, no points invested at all Sonny yesterday, just kept slipping between one of the small gaps on this Johnny over and over and over, nobody else ever came to do anything and he DC'd after enough of it, literally helpless in the face of my ability to turn sideways. I've seen some people suggest that maybe in the face of a redesign, he could like, put some corrugated metal or something on top of wells like a hatch, which victims would need to struggle to pull off for a second and honestly that'd be cool, but I feel like that ain't happening.

Johnny's power is also pretty hard to use imo. The few times I've played him I've found that you basically have to be standing on top of the footprints for them to spawn in, and if you aren't quick enough on the draw you have to kind of wiggle around trying to get them to spawn again in order to interact.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah Johnny has the potential to be very strong, he just is mechanically implemented in a really weird way. It seems like if they wanted to do the footprints the way they are now, where you have to be really close, notice them, and then interact with them to make it work then it shouldn't be a cooldown power. If they want a cooldown on it then just having the paths appear without having to interact with the prints would be more fitting. Both of those would probably end up OP to some extent which is probably why they make you do both, but the weird middle ground he's in make it awkward to use.

A good middle ground might be to have footprints appear but have the ability go on cooldown if you interact with them to actually track them. It would still be very strong since you wouldn't need to interact to know someone was in the area, but you'd still need to pop the power if you want more detail.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

My problem with Johnny, the one time I played him, was that I'd be chasing somebody so I knew for a fact they came through an area, but then I'd pop my ability and wouldn't see a "clue" anywhere. Unless I'm just missing something, or the clue system can put footprints in places where you can't find it like inside the tall grass or stuck under the floor.

They tend to spawn right in front of you in a way that can easily cause you to run right over it. I would guess any surface is valid as well so tall grass would work. They glow yellow to help with this but they are easy to miss. I once triggered it while looking at the other two killers slicing up a guy who ran for the front gate of the family house, so just a wide open road with no obstructions, and it was still hard to make work.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

The biggest problem with Evil Dead and Ghostbusters that caused them to be largely DOA, the fact that they were Epic store exclusive.

I played quite a bit of the game at launch and imo the problems with Evil Dead went deeper than that. Due to how the spawns worked survivors had to stay together and move from place to place as one, and doing that with randoms was like herding cats. On the other hand, if you had a team that was sticking together and using their perks then it was essentially impossible to win as a killer. That changes as you go up the tech tree but if a game isn't balanced at level 1 then you are going to lose most of your base.

On a ground level there was also some gamebreaking issues that didn't really have a workaround. Doing execution moves on staggered enemies made survivors invincible during the animation, which was necessary or you would just get mobbed and a key way to regain resources would be useless. But that meant that survivors could grab a high stagger weapons and chain those animations together tight enough that they would be able to avoid 99% of damage on an objective, including from the boss spawn. A few characters had truly gamebreaking perks, like the one with the infinite ammo special that was nerfed soon after launch because it was insane on anyone with decent aim. Killers had to burst hard on groups to actually down them which means that 90% of fights was just generating XP for the powers system, and that meant that matches were always long as hell. You could revive survivors but doing so usually meant having to go back for their gear, which is good from a meta angle but is annoying to a player.

It just had enough gaps in the design that playing it outside of a group (for survivor) was frustrating and playing it as killer against a group or good solo survivors was maddening

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 28, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Which leads us to a second problem that, judging by thread chatter, both Evil Dead and Ghostbusters had: they both had advancement schemes where a new player cannot play with an experienced player and actually have a decent time. Evil Dead has a big meaty skill tree for every character that give you major upgrades for the core gameplay, and if someone with a fully unlocked skill tree is matched against someone who just started the person with the skill tree is going to win on raw numbers. Ghostbusters' balance was fun at the start, but the busters get upgrades and the ghosts don't so the match balance got worse immediately. Games in this genre already have a massive skill difference between new and experienced players. This just makes the problem so much worse.

Of course, there's two reasons I think DBD isn't hit as hard by this. One, advancement in DBD just isn't that deep. Once you have four good-enough perks at tier 3, any advancement from there on that character is basically just giving you a wider variety of potential builds. Even as a new player, you can get a decent starter build going after like four games if you're playing a character with decent starting perks and you're basically as good mechanically as any other player. Two, the gameplay itself has a very simple win/lose state. It's not a big L4D-style team shooter where you're slowly bleeding resources and if your skills give you too many resources your opponent can't interact with. You just run in a circle and when one side gets hit twice they lose. The perks (barring a few huge balance gently caress-ups like the period where Dead Hard may as well have been a third injury state) are never so important that the core gameplay loop breaks. Even if a new player goes against a max-rank opponent, they can technically still play the game without it being invalidated entirely.

(While I haven't looked too closely at TCM, I'm pretty confident it will fall closer to DBD than Evil Dead here. The core gameplay seems like it's built on "survivors run away from killers, and if they get cornered they just die", and I don't think they'll make perks so busted that it short circuits that whole dynamic.)

Imo DBD also benefits the "newbie survivor vs master killer" match up because getting caught and then hooked is the newbie experience anyways. You get chances to escape it, more experienced survivors can rescue and heal you, and generally it's just the normal experience but much faster. And since chase perks are so popular if you are a spooked newbie and hide a lot then it has even less of an effect on you.

Whereas in games like Evil Dead it is more "you just can't do this objective now and the game is over because the boss has a 50% damage boost that you are mathematically unable to overcome, and now the game is over".

There is also the issue that when you get unhooked in DBD you are injured but are otherwise reset to a neutral state. By most metrics it is actually a pretty forgiving system. In Evil Dead if you have to get rezzed then you lose all your weapons and items, and you have to either go back for them while under attack and weak, or give up and hope you find something good later while touting the first poo poo weapon you find lying around.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 28, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

And here I was going to say that the ideal Evil Dead game would be team based from the side of the Deadites where you torture NPCs for high scores.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

Dead Hard has gigantic tells when it's been used. Yeah you have to play around it, but once it's used you know "Yep, this person has Dead Hard" and your style changes. With MFT you never know for sure that it's what they have.

Bold of you to think I can remember which of the four David Kings running around has Dead Hard (it's all of them)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Xenomorph is probably one of the best killers I've played of the recent batch; the tunnel system lets you get close in on survivors, the tail is actually not that hard to use, and the perks mesh fairly well with the strengths of the killer (especially the one that tags injured people).

Which is kind of unfortunate because it's made me come to the realization that I might just not like playing DbD anymore. I've recently been getting into fighting games in a big way and it's a lot of fun to see where I can improve and what mistakes I made in a match, but I full on dislike playing killer anymore because it's the opposite of that. You down someone and there's someone in your face with a flashlight, or a sabo running to the only hook in range. Chasing people coming off the hook is a nightmare because you have people body blocking with Endurance or just taking a hit to heal later, since as stated above downing people doesn't mean a lot. I've been able to secure wins but only in the most sweaty, unfun way possible that involves a swarm of people healing and going down and healing again because survivors have no real fear of killers anymore.

Oh, and once the match is down to one or two generators it becomes a game of making the match last as long as physically possible with the gens at 90%.

I could switch to survivor, but the issue then becomes that you have to be an annoying little gnat and do all of the above to get a decent return on a game, because "complete the objective efficiently" isn't enough by a long shot, which means that the game is either very easy when you do gens and leave, or takes an eon to complete. Either way I find it to be kind of a boring experience, which is why I almost exclusively play Killer.

It's just frustrating because I really like the idea of the game but I end up annoyed and tilted on games that I win. And even if I treat it as a "oh well just chill and play normally" it turns into flashlight clicking and teabagging all over the map as the match drags on and on.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Finally getting to play Xeno and my success in each match seems entirely dependent on how Survivors utilize turrets.

Bad turret usage? Easy 4K, maybe 2 gens completed.

Adequate/Good turret usage? loving forget it, I’m getting teabagged at the exit with zero hooks.

Tbh it also depends on how fast you are on the mouse because you can tail whip a turret before it pulls you out of prowl mode.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

Or it's just a long time DbD streamer finally dealing with massive burnout and using TCM as an excuse to take a break. :shrug:

DbD will always have core issues imo, most of what's keeping it afloat is sunk cost fallacy, the relative uniqueness of being major first in a unique-ish genre, and star power from so many different franchises.

Frankly I feel immensely terrible for any content creator who's made their name with a single game. The amount of mental required to stay positive and enjoying a particular game is insane and majority of streamers can't do it, most just becoming really cynical and frustrated. BoxBox, a TFT streamer, is fairly up front and has stated that if he ever plays a different game on stream he loses half his viewership minimum, and will also hemorrhage viewership if he plays another game while waiting in queue. So he's just had to suck it up when it's TFT stream day and sit there staring at a screen waiting for a queue to pop, and is fortunate enough to be able to stream other games occasionally without having to worry for his livelihood.

Yeah it's a major issue and one of the reasons why streaming is a capital J Job rather than a hobby you make money at. I don't really watch streams, but a lot of the people who have an easier time of it tend to be genre streamers, ie "horror streamer", strategy, and so on. Even shooter streamers can somewhat jump between different shooters so long as they all have similar mechanics. Your CoD streamer can't suddenly start playing Post Scriptum but they can do Battlefield.

But then you have hyper-specific games like DbD and there really is no off ramp. If you're enough of an entertainer then maybe people won't care but it's still going to be a hit to your viewers and therefore finances no matter what.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I have a streamer friend who just eventually decided to add Hunt: Showdown and TCM to the rotation because they just can't stand how DBD gets especially in the evening about 7 PM EST when it feels like everybody with a bad day at work wants to take it out on other people.

Imo it's not as much of a "bad day at work", more you're more willing to try hard if it's the first few games that you play that day.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It's a complex issue DBD is a game where it's a fortnite-esque platform for licensed characters and some mechanics that are thematically relevant to them, and also it's a game with a hard competitive streak to it where everything is broken down to bare metal mechanics. The first part drives sales but the second part is what keeps the game on streams.

Ultimately it is a catch-22 because imo the game started to come apart when SWF was added and the idea that survivors could coordinate to not only win but thoroughly bully the killer got seeded in, which made the needle swing hard to the competition side. But at the same time the streamers wouldn't be playing DBD without SWF because it would have still been a largely solo affair.

It's fine if you are like me and stupidly pay a lot of money to poke at a killer I recognize for a while, but if you are playing 8+ hours a day then there must be more crack than ceramic left in the jar holding DBD together. But the game isn't going to disappear overnight because of marks like me who will go "a new killer, here is $20" and then play it for a week before moving on. They're still profitable even if the game is falling apart.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

e. wrong thread

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 6, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Flashlight squads in ruins, Killers it is time to rise

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

Looks like anyone who had one equipped already can still have them from what I'm seeing. Grr.

I'm running Franklin's tonight and will finally be able to terrorize survivors again.

E. So many people in that thread going "flashlight is the only fun I have in DBD" maybe you should try a different game?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 11, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

hyphz posted:

Reminds me of the old Assassin’s Creed multiplayer with the reverse Turing test. I ducked into a bush to avoid my pursuer, and pushed someone out in the process. Then realised the person I pushed out was actually my target. So my character jumped into the bush, shoved someone out, then immediately popped up again to stab them in the back and drag them back into the bush.

What happened to that genre? Was it found to be completely broken? I’m surprised nobody ran with it.

I regret to inform you that it turned into Among Us.

There's a lot of hidden identity games out there but most don't get off the ground very much, although some like Dread Hunger chug along okay because for some reason China adores those kind of games. I've been playing Decieve Inc off the humble bundle and it's not bad but it also lends itself to the disguises being a question of who gets a drop on who, and then from there it's bunny hopping.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Is Decieve Inc an asymmetrical game? I was kind of leaving it out of the thread because it's not really but while we're on the subject, yeah it's pretty good. It has a lot of problems when disguises break and shooting starts since then it's just any other shooter, but the disguise mechanics allow for some pretty interesting moments. Also the spies themselves are all bought with in-game currency so that is great.

For example, I walked into a guard room as a guard and found one the guards standing on top of a table. Glitch? So I used a spy's ability to check for enemies and it tagged them, then I was able to kill them. But from their perspective a guard walked in and stood still for a while (since your covers directional facing is dependent on movement while you can look around freely) and they just tensely waited to see if he would open fire after he got caught in an unusual position.

Imo the game would be better if it was closer to The Ship where if you figure out your target then you are almost guaranteed to kill them with most weapons since it's all high damage. But it's not too bad.

I think it helps that while chasing down terminals gets you a high quality buff it also only buffs you so far. The insertion phase is something of a soft team effort, and if you wanted to you could just mill around until the doors open. That way high level players aren't just rushing perfect paths and locking lower level players out of the later phases.

For people who have played a lot, is there a good way to maintain a walking path while also looking around? Having "cruise control" of a sort is what I would like but it seems like just stopping occasionally to scope around with the binoculars is the best way, since making a swerving path is a dead giveaway.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I mean, thumbs up to the Among Us devs for figuring out how to turn the Mafia/Werewolf/Secret Hitler/Room 25/The Resistance/whatever formula into an easily accessible video game and how to make bank with it.

It's kinda wild that I can walk past the toy store at the mall in my city in Finland and see loving Among Us toys in the window, and last year when I participated in a "buy christmas presents for the children of less well off families" charity thing, A LOT of the requests from surprisingly young kids were Among Us toys and stuff. Like 4-5 year old kids.

And FNAF.

I don't really have a problem with Among Us in general, it just kind of killed off the Hunter vs hunter style game that AC mp or The Ship represented. I get why the shift happened, Among Us is a far more social game, but at least on a personal level I can't really wrangle 8 people together to play it lol.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 13, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Does FNAF's creator still get a cut of stuff or is it like Notch and Minecraft?

He'll likely get residuals forever but the games are all being put out by separate studios now.

Cawthon was a dipshit right winger but his sins weren't Notch level.

hyphz posted:

But if your target was stealthing, how did you know which one they were? Or did it become prisoner’s dilemma?

You would identify them the old fashioned way of seeing who was acting strangely, it was more that once you saw them the "right" was was to use the terrain and crowds to sneak in and stab them. But that's slow so instead you can just sprint right up in their face and still instakill them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Austin S posted:

I thought First Class Trouble was going to be a solid spiritual successor to The Ship until I read about proximity based voice chat as a "feature" and welp

That's pretty common for these kinds of social deception games. You need some way to get people to follow you into a back room so you can suck their brains out, unless it's like Among Us where the top down view allows killers to easily see where everyone in their vicinity is.

VVV In real life you can just directly tell them you're going to suck them dry and at least 20% of the population will follow you anywhere.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 15, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I think I get the most "oh poo poo" reactions out of survivors as Sadako, she's short and her demanifestation is pretty stealthy. I guess if I had less of a care for aesthetics I could play Wraith but boooring.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Face camping is super scrubby but was it really such a massive issue that it absolutely needed a new mechanic implemented to avoid it? Next you're going to tell me that not giving the last survivor the hatch results in a VAC ban.

The Skull Merchant changes are interesting, turning her a bit more into a stealth killer. I'll have to go try her out, but it seems like you could just stutter step through the beams pretty easily as a survivor unless the tells are extremely subtle in the passive scanning mode.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

In a vacuum it's good, it's just weird that they put so much design into something that is fairly rare on anyone but the lowest tier killers, assuredly so that they can avoid a doomsday scenario where a survivor is moderately frustrated for 120 seconds while all his teammates pop gens like champagne corks.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 18, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I guess I just have had a different experience to everyone else because while I don't play survivor a lot I can count the number of times I got legitimately facecamped in the last couple years on one hand. Maybe I just have good luck.

I've had killers walk a short distance away and wait for someone to dive the hook, but that's just a response to survivors being hyperaggressive with unhooks.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 18, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sure, I'm all for reducing needless toxicity, even if it happens rarely.

Incidentally I feel that I should point out that when you're looking down because you are breaking a pallet or picking up a downed survivor then you shouldn't build flashlight blind because you aren't even looking at the light and have no way to mitigate it outside of a perk, but that happens around five times per match for me to the point where I'm tunneling flashlight carrying survivors because even attempting to pick up their downed friends while they live is pointless. But that would mean that stunning a killer to save an ally would be hard so it's not going to happen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

Flashlights used to bother me a ton as well, to the point where I ran lightborn all the time. However, once I got accustomed to the fact that a flashlight clicky clickyer is spending their time getting blinds and not on gens, it became a lot better for me. Especially in chase where they wait by a pallet to blind you rather than running off.

It's not that it's annoying, it's that it actively hampers play. Getting blinded on a pallet is one thing, but allowing it to blind you while you're picking up survivors to the point where you are unable to stop it means that it's not enough to down someone, you also have to clear out a wide area around you before picking them up. I've had a lot of issues with people just doing circles where they threaten a stun to get you to down them while their friend is healing the first victim, and it goes in circles.

It's empowering the survivors while actively disabling a fundamental part of playing the killer and survivor both, ie the struggle on carry vs the proximity to hooks, which is why it's bad design.

They keep putting changes in to stop camping and tunneling without asking why a killer would want to sabotage their own BP gain to kill off one specific person so badly.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 18, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Maggy posted:

yeah i'm sloooowly working through that grind as a new player

there's a certain kind of fun in just cobbling together lovely builds to get by but not -that- fun compared to making a goofball build with the entire world available to me

It also helps to keep an eye on the Shrine in the store that lets you buy specific perks with the freemium currency, which perks cycling out regularly. It's a good way to shortcut your way to Good Perks when they come up on sale.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

I dunno if I'd call it "freemium" per se, since you can't spend real money to get the shards anyway.

I thought you could buy them with cells too? It's been a while since I needed something off the shrine so I don't remember. Okay, special currency then.

Keeping an eye on the thread is a good way to level too because people post promotional codes for blood points which can often be dozens of matches worth of points.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It's a good move but trapper's problem is that he's just from a different game, one where people were less coordinated and getting injured was a bigger deal. I still think he is a satisfying killer to play from a design standpoint, because hearing a trap snapping closed one someone is a great effect for everyone involved, but in a practical sense there's too many mitigating factors now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Good huntress change but I did like the original because it made her seem like she was wiggling her fingers and licking her lips like a small portly child trying to decide which delicious treat he wants from the table at the confectionery.

"Oh that handle is ever so strong but my the sharpness of that blade is so magnificent..."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm glad to hear thar Skull Merchant had been brought to the dizzying heights of Trapper on the tier list.

I didn't really think about the fact that if you sit still on a Gen it doesn't build meter, meaning that there is basically no reason to actually disable the drones.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'd be interested to know how many people who play a lot of DBD also play other horror games. When you die in other horror media it is a failure state but it's also basically what you are there for. If you get jumpscared in FNAF or a Necromorph gores you in Dead Space then you lost but the game would be less fun if it didn't happen a lot. Once you start thinking of horror media less of something than you experience and more something that has to be consistently won it changes everything about it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Orv posted:

Playing around survivor abilities that can actively impede the killer is good, it’s just that occasionally you get some big brain ideas like “What if everyone could stun the killer fifteen times a game?” during the peak of DS.

A lot of those kinds of stun attacks generally are supposed to be gated around being hard to pull off but when a game is years old everyone has learned to do it consistently and there's no longer any barrier on its use.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

Also why Friday the 13th felt like a much more chill game. Half the fun of playing the teenagers was all the hilarious ways Jason could rip you to bits, and most people seemed to accept that escaping was a bonus, not the experience

And it's funny that despite all my whining in the thread about how killers need to stay oppressive that is an example of how it backfires because getting constantly one-shot by Jason frustrated me enough to stop playing. I felt like death was inevitable without a way to avoid it so I might as well just stand still and take it. Obviously that isn't true, but find that sweet spot where you *could* get away, to a point where you feel that you have some agency, but probably won't is very hard.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Part of it is probably the big content creators making - because they need to game the YouTube algorithm - title cards like "This killer is BROKEN!!" and survivor players going 'well it must be true' and not want anything to do with said killer.

It's also a problem for streaming when people are doing SWF-style team-ups, because if it's possible for someone to die quickly then that streamer has to sit around for 15 minutes while they wait for everyone else to finish the match. 0Ks (or a kill with open gates) is the only way to ensure that streamers don't have a lot of downtime.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Fleetwood posted:

I was gonna buy this a month or two ago and steamcharts said there was only two players online :/

platform exclusives are suck!!

I keep hearing people say this but imo a lot, lot fewer people care about what storefront a game is on than is what is claimed. It died out because it had gameplay issues, not because they made the cardinal sin of shunning our sacred Steam

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Doomykins posted:

I can't be bothered to check multiple launchers. That's it.

I turn on my PC once or twice a day, steam launches, slide down my wishlist and any meaningful game patches and other launchers don't exist in my brain.

I think there's a principle of ease of access where even a single utterly trivial ask is worse than pure convenience with no hurdles, even small ones.

At the same time if we're talking about Joe Normal then he probably would have seen the ads for the game before it came across the storefront, they did put out a good amount of ads.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Medullah posted:

One big factor in Steam being mega-preferred nowadays is the Steam Deck. While you *can* get EGS and other launchers working on it, it's sometimes a pain in the rear end and very much not "plug and play".

Sure, now, but it's still not widely used and definitely was more niche when The Evil Dead game came out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Danaru posted:

I appreciate that they reward survivors for seeing an old man in a rocker and deciding to stab the poo poo out of him. Like mechanically it makes sense but I don't think the survivor characters know he's magic they just went gently caress that guy and shanked his rear end

Listen, they are having a really bad day and are pretty stressed. Sometimes you just want to take out some aggression on a dessicated old dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

hyphz posted:

At one point I wondered if a viable strategy for demon was to set up a Rush Hour puzzle with cars at one of the initial items.

So long as the car was no more than five feet away from the item, given how fast the power drained when using cars.