Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The fresh new thread smell.

That Meg knows what's up though. Classic meme build, probably more effective now after the buffs to Buckle Up lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

Apparently it's a moot point, it wasn't actually nerfed there was just a bug that brought the old description back. Confirmed by BHVR

lmao

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ngl I'm sorely, sorely tempted to pick up Xenomorph and grab the queen xeno outfit and get back into the game. You don't get to complain survivor you can see me coming from so far away. :colbert:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

King Vidiot posted:

The one and only thing that puts me off of DbD is all the min-maxing, grognard bullshit that I refuse to learn.

I hear people talking about all the perks by name, and everybody who's deep into the game knows immediately what they mean and my eyes go cross. Everything on the Bloodweb, to me, looks identical with slightly different percentages that do things I can't even begin to comprehend. I like the basic gameplay, it's fine, and I pretty much only play killer when I play because survivor looks boring, but it feels like I'm missing out on 80% of the game by not really understanding the perks and what they do.

Making meta builds and optimizing your play? Yeah sure, that's some grognardy bullshit def, but learning perks, powers and picking up knowledge is just part of playing the game imo.

The more you play, the more you'll internalize naturally till you start recognizing things without having to think about it, even if it's not by name and just "the medkit purple addon that makes the survivor take an extra hit".

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I kind of agree with Otzdarva's take on the speed half of Made For This. Namely, that if it didn't stack it'd be basically fine if you knew it was there, but the problem is that a 3% speed increase is nearly impossible to notice until you've played through an entire match against them and it's just annoying to constantly wonder if you need to play around someone being slightly faster or not. If they made it not stack with Hope and just gave killers an icon to show them a person they're chasing has MFT, that half of it would probably be fine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVIEc7sE-20

While I don't disagree that MTF is frustrating in that you have no idea the survivor you're chasing is 3% faster while injured, what about the flip side of Killers using perks/add-ons to get subtle or more blatant speed boosts? Should those be signposted as well?

To be fair most killer speed boosts are niche or conditional perks/add-ons, but e.g.what if getting into a chase with a Hag at the start of a match and you get a notification she's using the shoe, suddenly you're handed the information that she can't teleport and that the traps will bodyblock. That's kind of a big deal to know up front, for an add-on that functions better as a surprise.

Would it be better to just normalize speed boost notifications across the board and roles, or just make it so MTF specifically gives a notification so you're aware of it?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

If you watch the video Otz's point is that MFT is the only Exhaustion perk that doesn't have a tell for the killer. Thus, you have to always play assuming they have it.

Killers are faster than survivors and I don't think they need any type of tell for the survivors when they're moving faster, tbh.

Dead Hard doesn't have a tell either tho, and it also forced killers to play a specific way. It sounds like something BHVR just needs to change then yeah.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

Dead Hard has gigantic tells when it's been used. Yeah you have to play around it, but once it's used you know "Yep, this person has Dead Hard" and your style changes. With MFT you never know for sure that it's what they have.

The point I'm making with Dead Hard is that until they use it (and this give away they have it), you don't know they have it. Certainly at one point in the game it was so prevalent it was easier to play like every survivor was running it! Which is what MTF is also doing, it just doesn't have an obvious give away at any point.

Tbh I was just trying to offer up about the killer side also having some places where there are speed boosts without obvious tells (one was just added by the Alien even!) and MTF just feels more frustrating because unlike every other survivor speed boost perk it doesn't have obvious tells that let the killer player adjust their choices.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

It's the fact that it doesn't have a tell at any point that's the problem. You have absolutely no way of telling, for the entire match, that a survivor is slightly faster than usual and why. Dead Hard has the decency of having a tell when used and isn't a constant effect that you have to deal with. They use it, you now know they have it, and they can only use it once per chase.

I also don't believe that the killer side having similar things is quite as similar as you're making it out to be. PWYF has tokens, the Hag/Nurse add-ons have severe drawbacks, survivors just get a free speed boost for being injured, a state they can be reasonably expected to be in for a good chunk of the match. In case of Plague it's even worse.

Idk I still think the comparison to the killer side speed buffs is still apt. Even if they're far more conditional and not optimal obviously but it can still be frustrating to get your game sense messed with by some killer surprising you with PWYF. A decent chunk of those boosts have no tell whatsoever other than observation over an entire match and checking the post game scoreboard, just like MTF. The issue with MTF is that aside from somehow being exhausted, it's just a flat boost when injured no matter what which is pretty broad for a conditional. And who knows, maybe BHVR's goal was to try and encourage more use of exhaustion causing add-ons and perks :shrug:

I'm not railing against changes to MTF here, it should be changed in some way even if it's just a notice that you can see the survivor having it active. If it was more conditional like most killer or survivor speed boosts then we might not even be having this conversation!

Medullah posted:

I get what you're saying, but MFT is the ONLY exhaustion perk that has no tell even after hitting. Dead Hard will get you one time but after that you can play around it.

Sprint Burst - You know as soon as you start chasing them.
Lithe/Balanced landing - You know as soon as they vault/fall
Overcome - You know as soon as you hit them
Smash Hit - You know as soon as you're hit with a pallet
Head On - You get hit with it from a locker

Maaaybe you can count Background Player as a perk you don't notice, but it's use case is so small. Otz just wants some indicator like the others.

There's also the fact that it's easy to hack the game and give yourself a natural 3% speed boost and thus harder to see cheaters, it was already hard enough.

My point was dead hard was equally game warping even if you could play around it, it changed player behavior simply by existing.

Also I finally double checked MTF's description and I'm not sure I agree with it being called an Exhaustion perk. Being affected by exhaustion =/= causing exhaustion for a significant benefit. That'll just be a me thing though

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 30, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

BrewingTea posted:

Made This For

I will now be unable to think of it any other way

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shame to hear they're gonna lose all their viewers.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh I'm sure he'll be back to DBD in a few months, but if I was Hank Behaviour, I might take it as a bad sign that people aren't like "hey this is a new game in a genre I enjoy, I'm gonna play it for a while" but "I am so fed up with DBD's bullshit that I'm jumping ship". People are shouting from the rooftops that they need to start fundamentally fixing their game, to very little effect.

Or it's just a long time DbD streamer finally dealing with massive burnout and using TCM as an excuse to take a break. :shrug:

DbD will always have core issues imo, most of what's keeping it afloat is sunk cost fallacy, the relative uniqueness of being major first in a unique-ish genre, and star power from so many different franchises.

Frankly I feel immensely terrible for any content creator who's made their name with a single game. The amount of mental required to stay positive and enjoying a particular game is insane and majority of streamers can't do it, most just becoming really cynical and frustrated. BoxBox, a TFT streamer, is fairly up front and has stated that if he ever plays a different game on stream he loses half his viewership minimum, and will also hemorrhage viewership if he plays another game while waiting in queue. So he's just had to suck it up when it's TFT stream day and sit there staring at a screen waiting for a queue to pop, and is fortunate enough to be able to stream other games occasionally without having to worry for his livelihood.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

At a certain level of play the only real "scares" left are indeed, jump scares. Ironically, I think the best killer for this is Lisa (the Hag) because her traps are literal jump scares (loud noise, object appearing out of nowhere, survivor camera forced to look at triggered trap). But also the fact Lisa is a 24m TR, short killer means you can make use of M&A + Nurse's to sneak up on people you see healing and down them really lends itself to spooking the poo poo out of survivors as well. The best part is some survivors that can psyche themselves up for expected traps will get got by the big brain traps or more inventive trap placement you can use. I've literally had survivors not struggle for 5+ seconds or the entire carry time I get them to a hook after a particularly crafty trap gets me the down.

That, and Scratched Mirror Myers or the occasional Ghost Face jump are generally the only things that really get a "you scared the poo poo outta me" in post game chat.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 17, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

It seems like main drawbacks of playing Ghost Face is that he moves slow and is bad at patrolling gens. It seems like by the time I've stalked and hooked one survivor, the survivors have already slammed through 3-4 gens and are down to 2 or 1 left.

I'm also not great at doing the side tilt stalk since I can't seem to get a good angle where I see them but they can't see me. Survivors are usually on awkward angles of gens where there's not really cover for me to stalk from so they spot me.

E: I also get a visual bug where after a match the fog effect etc on text loops really fast. Not game-breaking, but distracting and a bug I think has been there for years now.

Last I checked as Ghostface if you can see survivors, they can see you (and thus pull you out of Night Shroud). The trick is to do it from an angle where you don't think they're looking at.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I guess I just have had a different experience to everyone else because while I don't play survivor a lot I can count the number of times I got legitimately facecamped in the last couple years on one hand. Maybe I just have good luck.

I've had killers walk a short distance away and wait for someone to dive the hook, but that's just a response to survivors being hyperaggressive with unhooks.

Removing ways to be toxic or ruin a game for someone is a good thing, even if it's something niche that only happens occasionally. A problem is still a problem after all.

Now does it solve the issue face camping caused entirely? No. Does it create ways for other survivors to be toxic to someone getting face camped? Yes.

It is a step in the right direction though, and been far too long coming.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr. Locke posted:

A lot of these newer devs probably at least in part base their game balanced around DBD and the feedback around it... unfortunately a lot of which is whining about how 'broken' killers are because a disproportionate part of the player base is Survivor-only. So new games implement similar gameplay except the Survivors get to fight back and almost all these devs miss that Survivors have traditionally been the Strong Side in Dead By Daylight since almost the dawn of the game, and giving the Survivors tools to make the Killer's life actively miserable base-kit just leads to a lot of games where the killer-side barely feels like they get to play the game once a meta shakes out and the average Survivor starts learning ways to kick the Killers in the genitals.

Like, part of the reason why DbD still worked even in the darkest eras (Dead Hard + Circle of Healing meta) is that Survivors still have to play the game- they don't have unlimited ways of generating iFrames or stunlocking the killer. They generally get one shot to use 'em in an outplay then otherwise need to run, and the killer gets to chase. Even if weaker killers who are only going to catch the survivors a few times and probably end the average match with 0-1 sacrifices still get to spend the majority of the game at least FEELING like the survivors have to respect them and let you play the monster. I did not get that feeling with Evil Dead, I did not get that feeling with VHS, and I haven't played TCM but it sounds like you don't need to do that in TCM either. Who the gently caress wants to play the 'power' role in the game when the 'weak' role gets to bully them so mercilessly?

if you think Dead Hard + Circle of Healing was the darkest era I gotta ask how long you've been playing lol. When Decisive Strike was still busted, New Part as busted, etc there are so many times when Survivors had something degen to leverage.

For the record I think that survivors being the power role is overblown and only happens at the highest, tippy top of MMR. Majority of the time survivors make too many mistakes, or the killer player themselves made too many poor decisions that at least two survivors were able to take advantage of. Mental is also a big part and sometimes someone just gives up when they probably could have gotten a kill or two if they stuck it through or kept their cool instead of tilting out of their mind and making more mistakes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

Most streamers I watch don't do SWF. I generally watch them only doing killer because that's what I play 90% of the time, but when they do survivor they are rarely with other people, or maybe just one.

I mean that's you selectively watching certain types of streamers lol. it's not uncommon for survivor main streamers, especially the casual ones, to play exclusively SWF. Whether that's just one other person or a full swf depends on the streamer but it really takes a certain type of player to have the mental for solo survivor queue.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

I suppose. The survivor mains that I do catch from time to time (Ayrun, JRM, Angrypug) all play solo when I watch them.

I think it's more of a casual small/medium streamer thing in general as I mentioned. also cause they're using SWF to prop up their mediocre skills.

Dawgstar posted:

Most streamers I know at least have a community day, but even then they don't often use comms unless they really trust who they're playing with. If somebody says a Heated Gamer Word it's on them, and more than that I've seen randos on comms try to take over the stream for lack of a better term, talking over the streamer and whatnot. Also comms are distracting if the streamer wants to interact with their community.

ya I'm aware. most of the time the regular SWF survivors are playing with long time friends or a regular group they nominally trust.

personally speaking survivor is just only fun with friends imo, it's pretty boring otherwise and a pubstove experience.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Will never understand the extreme brand loyalty to steam. Valve has sucked so much for longer than they were cool lol.

for me at least it isn't brand loyalty, it's the fact EGS took so loving long to get even bare minimum parity that it left a sour taste in my mouth. Specifically cloud saves.

leaves a real sour taste in your mouth when a game you've sunk 40+ hours into has all the progress wiped because you needed to change PCs and you discover on the reinstall all your progress is gone.

I'd also chalk "why can't it be on Steam" to inertia of having all your games in one place and not wanting to put any :effort: in to get games elsewhere.

edit: imagining booting up DbD and losing the 1000 hours of effort put in, egh.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Almost like this is a half-assed bandaid they slapped on to "fix" a fundamental game design issue without really considering all the ramifications. Surely this won't be causing any problems down the road.

drat, did BHVR poo poo in your cornflakes before teabagging your parents or something too many mornings?

BHVR isn't a shining beacon of good game dev or anything but they're also fighting way too many years of spaghetti code that any dev would probably reel in horror from looking at at this point so that's kind of a harsh take. Taking a step in the right direction is still a good thing even if they gently caress it up, trying is a lot more than some devs will do.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm not trying to gate keep posting here, or anywhere on the forum but I gotta ask do you even enjoy the game STS? all I've seen you post here is how BHVR has hosed up this time and how poo poo they are and poo poo DbD is. This is certainly a bias in my memories at this point but I'm genuinely struggling to remember a time you've posted anything positive or a time you had fun with DbD?

not trying to say you gotta be only positive or praising the game to post, just that it seems like you dislike DbD and BHVR so aggressively it might be a good idea to just cut it out of your life and not pay attention to it anymore. I certainly did two years or three ago when I hard burned out on it originally.

Just a suggestion, you're an adult and can take care of yourself. :shrug:

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 22, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Trickortreat posted:

As a killer main that hasn't played for months, I am appalled at the anti-face camping changes they are rolling out. Last I checked, there's already an effective way to fight facecamping in the form of doing gens.

it isn't really an "effective" way, it's just how survivors should punish face camping. "Just do gens" though doesn't change the fact that one person is being forced to sit there and not play the game, which sucks!

The change is meant to give relief to the one player being put in no fun allowed time out during a particular phase of the game, and actively discourage killers from forming the habit of sitting around face camping. On top of that the one valid use for face camping, guarding your hook when gates are powered, isn't punished by the mechanic which gets disabled when the gates get powered!

Whether or not it works and the devs tweak it for multi-floor stuff remains to be seen. Hell, as a mechanic it's also a way for a killer to show mercy to a survivor who got hosed over by their team, now you can go sit on them to let them unhook even in second stage if for some reason no one goes to save them even if you're playing normally.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

drat it's almost like BHVR incorporated this new mechanic and put it out on PTB to get tested and get better feedback and find any flaws that are less obvious!

Crazy.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I was trying to think of reasons why (outside of spaghetti code) verticality was included in the anti-camp mechanic and it occurred to me: Nurse exists.

sure blinking through floors in some areas can be a pita in a chase but it isn't that hard to do consistently if you're just waiting for some survivor to try and dive hook. Lol at the fact Nurse is potentially warping a game mechanic again though.

edit:

Orv posted:

While I agree there is some wild irrationality going on here, let’s be real with the idea that BHVR ever meaningfully listens to PTR feedback.

they do tho! Xenomorph got buffs in-between PTR and love release, and the turrets also got tweaked as well for the most recent example. Hell, the last major mechanic change they considered got dropped as well (survivors being able to pick themselves up without a perk) so there's precedent for BHVR listening as well for this style of sweeping game change.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 22, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Maybe, but that would require the nurse to know when the unhook is happening which is hard to do through a solid floor, at least until the loud noise trigger happens. Aside from that though the nurse could just facecamp the hook from any direction in the same way as she could from vertical.

Learning to predict timings isn't hard, and hell, even horizontally Nurse is kind of an issue for this as they could just sit outside the no-camp range and hold a blink. Just trying to spitball potential reasons for including the verticality that aren't "BHVR are big dum dums".

there's also some corner cases where a killer could hang out near a hook above or below and still be face camping essentially, not like you need to be rubbing faces with the survivor to be camping a hook.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Terrible Opinions posted:

No the real reason is because no distances in DBD account for verticality. Just like cop vision in Payday 2, or explosion in Doom all effects are infinitely tall cylinders. This is true with all previous distance based effects in DBD.

the post of mine you quoted literally responds to your post by itself lmao, I said "not including spaghetti code"

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, Ultimate Weapon is slightly overtuned right now. A little nervous they're going to nerf it into uselessness. Fixing it so you can hide in lockers to counter it is good, but they mostly need to make the effect shorter than the cooldown.

Like, as it is now, the perk effect lasts 30 seconds for the killer, the status effect lasts 30 seconds (from when it hits the survivor, which can be 20 seconds in!), and the cooldown is... also 30 seconds. If you spam it, people are basically permanently blind, which can cause people to lose hook states or die from nobody able to find their hook, slugs bleeding out, etc.

unless they changed something the cooldown doesn't start for the killer till the 30 second effect ends? So it's 30 seconds of effect, then 30 seconds of cd, then you can activate it again.

Been a while since I tried it on PTB though, pretty sure that's how it works.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

curiousTerminal posted:

I've had a "stun the killer with a pallet 6 times" archive from like, tome 3 or something, for a week and a half now. I can't get it because nobody is playing M1 killers right now. In 50 games I have yet to go against Wraith, Billy, Freddy, Pig, Legion, Twins, Trickster, Pinhead, Artist, Sadako, or Dredge. I bolded the M1 killers and underlined killers who are bugged/low pickrate in general. No Sadako or Legion is frankly crazy but the rest? It's either "MFT has made the killer unfun" or "is a unicorn at the best of times"
In contrast I have gone against more Huntresses since the most recent patch that broke Xeno's tail than I did Xeno when she was oppressive as all hell.

ftfy

imo while Lisa is technically an M1 killer, you should really only be getting teleport hits or catching someone with their pants down healing and usually if a survivor is stunning you you're just messing around in end game or given up gens to secure one kill.

Also this thread is full of a bunch of sickos who enjoy playing Plague. smh

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

yeah, you either get someone having a good time or genuinely chill, or just a raging rear end in a top hat. No inbetween.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tiny Myers posted:

Furtive Chase's change is interesting. Lmfao at the concept of hooking in front of someone trying to body block then slapping them while you have Rapid Brutality, for 10% haste total. YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY FROM ME

Might also be fun with Play With Your Food shenanigans, maybe Game Afoot? :thunk:

speed hag, I'm gonna make it happen. Lisa goes nyoom

waterlogged shoe

devour hope/furtive/rapid brutality/ ????

fast af

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

PWYF is a must on Waterlogged Shoe/Charred Hand Hag. If I can see you, you're caught.

synergizes with furtive too so you always have your obsession to chase! I dig it.

devour hope is just a flex and for stacking haste after hooking, could swap it out for something else

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

put Otz on so I could finally get Lisa's candy hand in case I ever want to use it and A) why the gently caress did BHVR not list anywhere easily accessible the streamers that qualified. Ridiculous.

And B) since it's Sunday otz was playing SWF with his chat (rotating, you die you leave the party you escape you get to stay) and he gets to talking about playtime hours and how it's impressive how good all the beginner players with only 1400 hours can do still a good job playing together and understanding the game.

1400 hours is beginner, which sure when you compare that to some of the streamers with 5000+ hour it makes sense relatively but just, absorb that for a moment. Otz considers 1400 loving hours to be a beginner still! Ridiculous.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

OxMan posted:

I watched an old video of myself playing killer at 800 hrs and i look like a dumb lil baby playing. I think that's one of the number one things that keeps people playing the game: the continuous improvement. Even at 2k+ hrs i consider myself a "skilled novice" at survivor and "okay" at my favorite killers (a list that's ever growing).

I'm sure the playerbase has advanced since I stopped playing, but I considered myself a "very good" killer at 1000 hours on my mains, simply "good" at killers I wasn't brand new at but weren't my main, and any advancements would be small optimizations at most or really ingraining map layouts in my brain. I was much worse as a survivor, average at most, but frankly just didn't enjoy that role as much as killer anyway.

Idk, maybe it's just a difference from player to player because of game sense or game knowledge.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah with the huge number of combinations of and interactions between killer powers and addons, killer perks, survivor perks and maps there is just an absurdly large learning curve for this game. You have to know that Self Awareness affects Pinhead chained survivors, that the shack wall on this particular map can be shot through by Deathslinger, and to be able to intuit and keep a running tally of 16 perks. And then you need to do it all playing the other role.

burden of knowledge is a huge issue in any long running game that continues to add content but when I stopped playing, at the time I could tell you roughly what every perk in the game did, as well as point out the signs of a particular perk that doesn't typically have a tell while playing. Obviously if I had started playing now it'd probably take me a chunk longer to get to that point maybe, but fundamentally the core of the game doesn't really change regardless of the details of each match.

Also you absolutely do not need to know the minutiae of particular killers you mentioned as either survivor or killer to be considered "not a beginner". Hell, the only people figuring that poo poo out are one tricks who refuse to play any other killer, or people whose literal job is playing DbD. Those are literally not your average players lol, no matter how many hours they have.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

Yeah I'm a weird stats nerd so I really like knowing everything I can about the game, even if I'm bad about it, so I keep spreadsheets and read up on all the perk changes...but realistically, you can have fun with the game just understanding the basics. I have one friend who has barely anything unlocked but never spends bloodpoints because "he likes his build, no need to change it".

that friend is an absolute psycho and also probably a goon, since goons never read patch notes. Smh I will never understand people who don't want to engage with a game like that.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

holy poo poo I honestly did not expect Chucky. He has the honor of being so conceptually scary to child me that my cousin just telling me about him without actually mentioning the movie or where he came from had me freaked out for a while.

What a wild world this is.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

They’re hooking her

And then they’re going to hook me

Oh my gooooooooooood

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

i know english as a second language can make it hard to understand nuance or cultural stuff, but what gamer doesn't immediately think negatively when they hear "loot box" in any language.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kwolok posted:

Dead line is weird. I guess it potentially has synergy with hyper focus/stakeout. Otherwise you're just giving yourself madness and hoping you can hit more greats

Autodidact, if that hasn't changed at all, finally gets an insane synergy.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I know it's partially trauma from when i was worse at survivor and when Billy was way more busted but gently caress Billy. A god billy didn't require any skill at all, aside from some of the more insane drifts or curves. Just backrev your chainsaw and enjoy your insta downs. I was glad when the overheat mechanic got added. :colbert:

The fastest match I've ever been in as a survivor involved a billy just destroying us in sub 5 minutes lol. At least Nurse has to hit you twice mostly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

bit late to the convo on it but here's my Plague hot take:

Fun to play, the most infuriating irritating thing to play against. Why? Not only do you need to rely on teammates to all do the same thing, no other killer hard counters altruistic healing perk builds like Plague. She just shuts down an entire set of (relatively sub par) perks and it's so goddamn frustrating.

Yes I'm absolutely biased on this, but man when you like doing meme healing builds, mostly sans a medikit, and you load in and see a fountain... just ugh. The only killler I genuinely loathe to face as a survivor, and feel torn to play as a killer.