Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

They fixing the basement hooks archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There is also an extremely off-putting contingent of people who swoop in to defend Epic anytime someone voices a distaste for it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The anti-camping mechanic works fine if survivors are playing normally. It sounds like it'll be aweful if people are purposely vulture circling. Which just like face camping itself, something relatively rare but occurs often enough to be extremely annoying. I'd even go so far as to say face camping and survivors swarming the hook occur at near identical amounts.

The solution is that mad grit stays on at all times.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

They just keep adding more and more mechanics that encourage slugging. The only really possible conclusion is that it's the intended mode of play.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Medullah posted:

It's functionally the same as unhooking yourself now, only guaranteed once the meter is full, and you can do it on the second hook as well.

You guys are arguing all the scenarios where it will be a problem but come on, it's a huge net improvement for player experience for 90% of the players. I have a friend that recently started playing and his second match he got face camped and was actually depressed about it. We had to explain to him that it happens, all you can do is move on to the next match.
Like it really isn't. I genuinely have the kind of wall of saboteurs, body blockers, and instant unhookers just as often as I have face camping. So it's only better for 90% of players if 90% of players are exclusively survivor players.

edit: This would be an improvement if it came with a change that made it so survivors with endurance couldn't body block the killer's movement and also couldn't block basic attacks from hitting non-endurance survivors.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

I was trying to think of reasons why (outside of spaghetti code) verticality was included in the anti-camp mechanic and it occurred to me: Nurse exists.
No the real reason is because no distances in DBD account for verticality. Just like cop vision in Payday 2, or explosion in Doom all effects are infinitely tall cylinders. This is true with all previous distance based effects in DBD.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I just didn't really think it was spaghetti code, because it's just the default way things work in the game left unchanged.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There were a lot of archive challenges this time that basically required cooperation from the survivors as killer.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Lightborn is just the best perk in the game.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's better to have lightborn and still pretend you have to look away. It will get people wasting time all match trying to blind you.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Medullah posted:

Yeah I get that Terrifier is the next hot poo poo in horror movies, but I really just don't think he's different enough from Clown to be a new character. In the movies he's "invincible killer clown" and the invincible part wouldn't matter in DBD.
Conditional gun would work well enough.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I didn't watch many of the CryptTV shorts. Was the birch trans?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's hard for PC players of Dead by Daylight to resist calling me racial slurs for using Lightborne.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't think anyone has been doxxed and then had the electrical line to their house cut yet, nor have there been any real life kidnappings over DBD. Still got a ways to go to catch up to EVE.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Backpack build plus lightborne is my normal anti-boil over setup. It is very funny how many people accuse you of hacking for just using madgrit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The game si going non-responsive for me after cutscenes. Is that a known issue?