Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Mr. Locke posted:

I mean, him being so much of the playerbase on himself is probably a massive statement on the state of killer design as a whole right now which... yeah. Most newer killers are overcomplicated, underpowered nonsense who get their big fans but not much else of the playerbase keeping interest in them. Hell, Wesker's basically just powercrept Pig (alternate attack mechanics, slowdown baked into their base kit, weird and unintuitive stealth via crouch/larger then normal killer radius) which is probably the only really damning thing about his design. Like, of all the killers released between Blight and now Mastermind is the only one that's really 'stuck' except maybe Nemesis and it's not exactly surprising why.

Werf can crouch? That's news to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

CuddleCryptid posted:

The Xenomorph is probably one of the best killers I've played of the recent batch; the tunnel system lets you get close in on survivors, the tail is actually not that hard to use, and the perks mesh fairly well with the strengths of the killer (especially the one that tags injured people).

It make my game and therefor it's a bad killer.

But more seriously, I've been talking with a friend about the meta&such and one of the tips he gave me is that it's the survivor who lead the symphony, not the killer. They could draw the game for hours on end and still win in the end.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Deceive INC sales pitch

Does it have private lobbies and what is the limit of said private lobby?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Like Mix said it's on the roadmap and they actually just announced information about private lobbies today! It's a hotly requested feature :) TLDR: Open beta this month, release next month.

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/deceive-inc-private-lobbies-beta-brief.2339836/

I'd assume the limit will be around 12 players, the max for a single game, with no lower limit, but I don't know for sure.

I have pitched the idea to my group of friend as a the next game/game we will turn to when DbD is a bit much

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Burst out laughing at "goodham"

Lmao yeah. It can work in your favor! I made this meme when he came out:

I believe Distressing gives him a TR slightly over 50 meters.

It does seem nicer than my Lethal Pursuit build that I run in custom so I'll probably try some other time

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
There is nothing more satisfying than killing 2 survivor out of a team of troll/toxic players.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I just wanted to show this. Friend during a public lobby after a game where we all escaped

Only registered members can see post attachments!

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Vanguard Warden posted:

No one is going to spend time remarking on all of the things in the game that they find okay, so people are obviously going to come across as more negative than they are when all the negative things stand out more.

Ghost Face is really neat and really like for it, despite being beaten by dash of Weskers. Pig too is really cool. Quite normal but nice addition to the game.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

rydiafan posted:

They literally don't do the one thing they're supposed to do.

They also don't stun but that's another issue I think

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Yeah, I also had salty people one time when it was the end of the game and I finally managed to have one hook (They were probably in a vocal chat together and had insane loop skill, at least better than my chasing skill). Since the gen were already done, I decided to just camp so that I could secure a kill and end the game quicker.

2 other persons came around trying to save their friend and I left the game with 3 kills instead of a measly one.

Let just say they got salty and had thrown some pretty funny insult at me.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

A whole lot of Ghostfaces today, including one that teabagged me quite a lot, led me to the gate when I was the last one left, made a big show of letting me open the gate, then dragged me out and hooked me, teabagging the entire time. Very rude.

I like when people do that because I can punish them with the dash of Whesker. It's always quite funny to have some easy hook/kill because of that.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

You guys all have great ideas but you're missing the perk hiding in plain sight.

NOED increases your speed by 4% when it's active. :getin:

Them, a gang of flashlight bully squad: Haha, Made for This, you're never going to catch us!

Me, an intellectual: NOED goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Theswarms posted:

We should remove boil over, survivors cannot be trusted with it.

Love people with boil over and unbreakable taking me to artists map and running around the top floor.

Use Iron Grasp to counter it?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

Even if BHVR were doing awesome, the game is stale and 3 new perks every 3 months doesn't change that.

Isn't the high level DbD just knowing how to loop? Like, it doesn't matter if you know where the gens are/know how to do them or if you know how to find a survivor. If you can't loop/anti-loop, you are hosed. Everyone will just do gens will you loop someone and if you find someone else, they will loop you until gens are done.

It may be that I just suck at the one part that the entire game revolve around but the fact the entire game revolve around knowing how to loop is a problem in and of itself. But then again, the game has been out since 2016 so it's probably been like that for a while.

rydiafan posted:

Killers are already abusing the vertical camp coding. Had a nurse hook me next to a hill and stand 3 inches away from me, but since she was "on a different floor" the meter didn't go up.

The same could be said about player playing in group of 4, most certainly in vc, with the perk Made For This, Windows of Opportunity, Flashbang, Lithe & others peks with a flashlight. I'm pretty sure a lot of people abuse mechanics of the game and it probably doesn't matter if they are survivor or killer.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Kwolok posted:

Man it is still a miserable experience to play killer in this game huh

Eh, in my experience, it's just bully squad and my friend in custom that make the game more or less unbereable. At least I can avoid two problem using one stone. Then again, I might be just new.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

curiousTerminal posted:

Balancing an asym has got to be hard as hell and I can't really fault the idea of giving the weaker team the ability to fight back against the power role, but it keeps getting hosed up in ways that make it clear nobody has learned from DbD's biggest mistake: The power role is stressful in a way the other side is not. The killer has to spin 5 or 6 plates at any given moment (gens, individual survivors, the broader game at large) and look out for signs of 16 perks. The survivors have to keep track of the killer, their 4 perks, and the gen spread and that's really it. Survivor is mechanically far less demanding at a base level, and they make up for this by not really having any real way to actively attack the killer. That's not to say there's nothing but every tool they have in their arsenal to fight back is going to get used. DS+UB+DH meta proving this by making all chases last extra long, forcing the killer into unwinnable "pickup and extend chase, slug and waste an entire gen's worth of time" situations, and generally allowing them to throw themselves at the killer over and over to force wasted time.

I mean, in my opinion, it's the survival role who is stressful considering that if you get clapped too much by the killer, you are out of the game. Yeah, killer has to constantly look over the bigger picture and make sure to not pick any time-consuming chase but you never get put into a time-out zone the way survivor does.

Then again, it might be just because I'm used to playing killer with my brain off and only really have to put an effort when I play against good player or lobby or bully squad (Which I will avoid because they are just annoying to deal with)...

Yeah, forget I said anything, I just play weirdly.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I have ~100 hr into the game and want to say that I'm good at stabbing people and putting them on hook but I don't really tend to play fair nor in a healthy manner considering I just play in a way that give me the quickest hit of dopamine (Which include avoiding lobby of 4 people armed with some random tools)

Anyhow, I gotta congratulate y'all for stayin consistent considering I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

The insane defensiveness around MFT would've probably baited me to engage too. I can't comprehend it at all. Survivors are so loving in denial about their new toy after Dead Hard got taken from them, it's blatant.

Wasn't the purpose of the game is to have the killer kill people? Isn't that the core premise of the game?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I loved Hawkins because it felt so unique and led to some really tense games on both sides, but I’m also just desperate for “new” maps. The maps are by far the stalest part of this game for me.

It would be nice not to run the same stuff over and over

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

Yeah I get that Terrifier is the next hot poo poo in horror movies, but I really just don't think he's different enough from Clown to be a new character. In the movies he's "invincible killer clown" and the invincible part wouldn't matter in DBD.

I mean, these horror figure that shouldn't be able to fought agaisnt are constantly getting bent over by four person with flashlight so...

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

This is really cool!

Of course with the toxic DBD community I'll avoid Twitter after it for a few days

Didn't DbD has a lot of LGBTQ+ flag available for anyone wanting to put in the codes?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm glad someone else thinks so! :buddy: I was a bit nervous to post in the thread about it. But like, "Trapped in this body" "You are so much more than what they forced upon you" "You will never have to hide again" "At last. I am me." whew boy

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen a bigger deal made about it but it's got enough plausible deniability to slide under the radar, especially if you don't bother to read the tome lore, I guess.

I think something that is also interesting is the lore of Gabriel and all the colony. They themselves are limited to their own perception of reality. An unnamed society (That is idealized in the memory of the colony, despite having never existed and having a very vague definition of what it truly mean) gave them an identity fabricated from piece and told them "This is you". Gabriel Soma is not Gabriel Soma, he is what society need him to be. As such, it is extremely easy to link that back to queer/gender theme since a man is only a man if the society around him consider him a man. He could be in and of itself a man, but that would be a definition that exist outside of the label of a "man" and/or an identity created around pre-existing ideas...

I could go deeper but all that to say that the Singularity being queer and/or trans does a lot of sense.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

CuddleCryptid posted:

Why does Mobile get fun modes and changes while PC struggles to get even special events? Is it just that they don't feel lashed to the idea of "competitive balance" on mobile as much?

Maybe they have different team working on different version on the game, making it so that one can do a bit what they want since the majority of the playerbase seem to be console/PC?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Yardbomb posted:

The thing for DBD mobile is that like, netease makes DBD mobile, but they also make Identity V, which if you're gonna play an asymmetrical mobile game has a lot more weird modes and wild stuff.

Oh so that's why they haven't gotten nuked with a lawsuit for plagiarism! They make both game!

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

DeathChicken posted:

It is, but honestly I'd rather the timer be lenient than punish me for stuff like stopping to kick a gen that's right next to the guy I hooked

I mean, both can work at the same time, or have the timer stop momentarily when the killer is doing an action.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Doomykins posted:

Stop playing the imagined ideal game where everybody never uses anything that'll push you outside your comfort zone. Take off gen regression/survivor meta perks, toss on some chase/loop enhancers and practice the core of the game you enjoy. I guess you could also practice pure stealth/support bot on survivor, but if you don't like chase as killer... yeaahhh. So just force yourself into busting rear end on chase, don't show a shred of mercy, if they can't 5 gen against no slowdown that's their problem.

What chasing perk do you use/recommand?

Pants Donkey posted:

Making the survivors compete to survive would make for a miserable experience

Unless you’re the killer :getin:

Ain't that the base of the game? How it is supposed to be?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
So after some mulling, I have decided to run a Lethal Pursuer/Nowhere to Hide/No One Escape Death/Awakened Awareness on Mastermind so that I always knows where people are in the Gens phase and I oneshot them when the Collapse is happening. So far, a good few games varying from 0 kills to a full party. Can't do full SWF team correctly yet but I'm getting there I think.

Also note to self, try to use the Dash if a survivor is already hurt to avoid revealing NOED so that the surprise will still hurt.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

LP/NTH/Brutal Strength/Pop is one of my favorite generic builds. I sometimes throw Thwack! in there somewhere as well if I'm feeling spicy, just to annoy people trying to blind me at pallets.

Sound pretty good but I don't have Clown and I don't have the shard so I'll proably stay with that for a while. Or buy the Scourge Hook in the Shrine of Secret

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I wish to point out that you have a divided by zero error in Red Forest and Dvarka Deepwood.

Also, WESKER TIME BABY! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WESKERS MAIN RISE UP! WE ARE SO BACK! (We have never been down but shush, I just like his glasses.)

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

curiousTerminal posted:

Yeah, I got my adept by "curving" immediately out of a window vault (holding Q or E lets you turn about 30 degrees in that direction) into a Nancy who thought she was super smart for running left into the rows of desks after vaulting the midwich classroom window (the one that spawns the breakable door every time). Something that straight up is not possible on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXi_yUxQamc

The camera jerking to the left and then slowing down shortly after is not me letting go of Q, it's the turn speed returning to normal.

WAIT, that lil guy can dash and not get cancelled by the environnement? Amazing.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

I hooked my laptop up to my TV in the living room and gave a Chucky match a shot using a controller....how the gently caress does anyone successfully play this game with a controller? 3 gens done and I didn't even hit anyone heh.

I play survivor with controller and it isn't bad but Killer? You need to be able to be good at FPS with controller in order for this to work.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

I was afraid of this happening, but honestly it hasn't gotten old for me at all (though that's on survivor side, I haven't played him on killer yet). Maybe I'm 5 years old but the repeated yelling is so loving funny to me and even makes me have more fun when I'm having a rough match. It's hard to be sour when the killer is shouting "DIPSHIT" at your teammates. :allears:

It's also WAY funnier when you sell out your teammate to the killer. Like, watching a little doll with a huge knife sprint past me full bore, swearing loudly at my dickwad teammate who actively refused to help the rest of his team (see my prior post for details), was one of the best DBD experiences I've had recently.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I DID GENERATOR! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HIT I TOOK?"

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

TheWorldsaStage posted:

If they could be tweaked just a little bit they'd be so much better for learning

I mean, you could also implement other game mode to diversify the game or just make sure they use knowledge a player could know (No, looking through a wall does not count)

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Medullah posted:

Looks like my prediction of "no more gen regression when there's one left" is coming in hot.

Isn't it the Survivor fault if there is a 3-gen?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I think it's important to note that killer forcing 3 gens are, in my opinion, pretty rare due to the fact that you disregard every other aspect of the game, which you have to go out of your way to do and isn't assured to bring you victory. I mean, if you only have 2 survivors left, it's going to be hard for the killer to find the survivors if they just alternate between the generators.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Deja Vu goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Does this work on other dash user?

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

I was thinking more of a Whesker and Chucky but now I'm interested to see the result

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

I want this for christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

BrewingTea posted:

You can tell when people have never played in a SWF. They have this idealized version of how it plays out...

In fact, it turns out that information doesn't help you win. The devs said it, so it must be true. :colbert:

drat, I wonder why it is in the game then?

DeathChicken posted:

That reminds me of watching Otz play with a SWF, he goes "Okay it's Trapper and he's loving around by shack" and then acted completely oblivious as to how much that one sentence blows up Trapper's entire game

Ooooh, can I have the clip/video?