Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tiny Myers posted:

Lmao

Getting in on ground floor! I'm a Nurse Main and you can too! Join the legions of Broken OP Character Totally Ruining This Game (not really, not at my level nor yours)

My current favorite build is Awakened Awareness+Agitation+Iron Grasp+Nowhere to Hide. Not because it's amazing, but because it's really funny.

Swap Nowhere to Hide for Starstruck. Be a mobile assassin with a backpack.

And I actually recommend against using Plaid Flannel unless maybe it's your first or second match. It builds bad habits and makes it hard to feel where you're going to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's fine by me, more time for me to run around breaking doors and pallets

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz8pCD98QA

Huh there's a lot of things here I already knew but some are really cool that I didn't know

Edit - Whoops, apparently fake

Medullah fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 28, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Several of these are fake, btw. This was an April 1st video.

God drat Youtube algorithm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Added to OP.

There's also Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed which is an assymetrical as well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I always forget that one exists and it seems a shame because historically busting has made me feel good but I remember seeing of the originals you could only play Ray and Winston which felt weird. At least throw in some people from Extreme Ghostbusters or Answer the Call.

I bought it and Evil Dead full price because the guys I play DBD with were all in on them (Ghostbusters specifically). The week it came out I was in Vegas for work so I didn't get a chance to play the opening weekend, which they did all weekend....and then never played again.

It's the main reason I didn't buy TCM at launch, I hate playing with random teams in DBD, I really only play Survivor as SWF, only playing alone if I've got a specific challenge I'm going after. Otherwise I play killer if I'm playing alone.

For the OP, another suggestion is to move the roadmap closer to the top so returning players can get a rough estimate of where the game is at.

Edit - The biggest problem with Evil Dead and Ghostbusters that caused them to be largely DOA, the fact that they were Epic store exclusive.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Of course, there's two reasons I think DBD isn't hit as hard by this. One, advancement in DBD just isn't that deep. Once you have four good-enough perks at tier 3, any advancement from there on that character is basically just giving you a wider variety of potential builds. Even as a new player, you can get a decent starter build going after like four games if you're playing a character with decent starting perks and you're basically as good mechanically as any other player. Two, the gameplay itself has a very simple win/lose state. It's not a big L4D-style team shooter where you're slowly bleeding resources and if your skills give you too many resources your opponent can't interact with. You just run in a circle and when one side gets hit twice they lose. The perks (barring a few huge balance gently caress-ups like the period where Dead Hard may as well have been a third injury state) are never so important that the core gameplay loop breaks. Even if a new player goes against a max-rank opponent, they can technically still play the game without it being invalidated entirely.

Yeah, plus with Stranger Things going into the vault, you have a pretty decent set of perks that are general perks so you're pretty good with whatever character you decide to start with. Self-Aware is a great movement speed buff plus helps you understand scratch marks, Inner Healing is a pretty good "oh poo poo I need to heal" perk. All three of Steve's perks aren't bad if you don't have any other option.

Add Resilience, Kindred, Deja Vu (my current must have on any build perk), We'll Make It, Spine Chill, etc and you have quite a few options even if you've only got the basic survivors.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zeg posted:

I need to hunt down other goons that also suck at this game and we all suck together in fun matches for an evening.

There's the co-op discord.

https://discord.gg/7jchqejN

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

curiousTerminal posted:

Fourth survivor match of the night: A P100 Blight main who was only using Shadowborn and BBQ who destroyed us so hard at 3 gens left that he let us go and then complimented us in the end chat anyway.

Oh hey, that sounds like you ran into LilithOmen, or someone mimicking him. He's the #1 Blight and Shadowborn/BBQ is his standard build. And he's probably the nicest, most optimistic streamer I've ever seen.

https://www.twitch.tv/LilithOmen

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1696530711065592199?s=20

Everybody ready for 20 minute killer queues? :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah Windows was really, really good. I always take it in my chase builds. 20s cooldown after a vault or dropped pallet isn't that huge a deal but definitely takes it down a tier.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This pretty much puts to rest any claims that they're not balancing by pick rate. Windows is not an amazing perk, but it's useful for solo players and newbies so people run it a lot.

It's one of the top used perks in high level MMR too. I really never thought much about it until they buffed it, then I started using it and it's amazing for chases. Like, as much as you think you know a tile and the map, it's useful as hell to know if pallets are dropped already or if there's an unsafe vault.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apparently it's a moot point, it wasn't actually nerfed there was just a bug that brought the old description back. Confirmed by BHVR

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like how I already have 12 hits on this achievement even before I bought the chapter.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly the truth is you don't need to learn evvvverrrry perk but I'd say there's a good 10-15 on each side that you should probably understand as it will seriously affect your play.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/OtzdarvaYT/status/1696869602163032378?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

While I don't disagree that MTF is frustrating in that you have no idea the survivor you're chasing is 3% faster while injured, what about the flip side of Killers using perks/add-ons to get subtle or more blatant speed boosts? Should those be signposted as well?

To be fair most killer speed boosts are niche or conditional perks/add-ons, but e.g.what if getting into a chase with a Hag at the start of a match and you get a notification she's using the shoe, suddenly you're handed the information that she can't teleport and that the traps will bodyblock. That's kind of a big deal to know up front, for an add-on that functions better as a surprise.

Would it be better to just normalize speed boost notifications across the board and roles, or just make it so MTF specifically gives a notification so you're aware of it?

If you watch the video Otz's point is that MFT is the only Exhaustion perk that doesn't have a tell for the killer. Thus, you have to always play assuming they have it.

Killers are faster than survivors and I don't think they need any type of tell for the survivors when they're moving faster, tbh.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

Dead Hard doesn't have a tell either tho, and it also forced killers to play a specific way. It sounds like something BHVR just needs to change then yeah.

Dead Hard has gigantic tells when it's been used. Yeah you have to play around it, but once it's used you know "Yep, this person has Dead Hard" and your style changes. With MFT you never know for sure that it's what they have.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

The point I'm making with Dead Hard is that until they use it (and this give away they have it), you don't know they have it. Certainly at one point in the game it was so prevalent it was easier to play like every survivor was running it! Which is what MTF is also doing, it just doesn't have an obvious give away at any point.

Tbh I was just trying to offer up about the killer side also having some places where there are speed boosts without obvious tells (one was just added by the Alien even!) and MTF just feels more frustrating because unlike every other survivor speed boost perk it doesn't have obvious tells that let the killer player adjust their choices.

I get what you're saying, but MFT is the ONLY exhaustion perk that has no tell even after hitting. Dead Hard will get you one time but after that you can play around it.

Sprint Burst - You know as soon as you start chasing them.
Lithe/Balanced landing - You know as soon as they vault/fall
Overcome - You know as soon as you hit them
Smash Hit - You know as soon as you're hit with a pallet
Head On - You get hit with it from a locker

Maaaybe you can count Background Player as a perk you don't notice, but it's use case is so small. Otz just wants some indicator like the others.

There's also the fact that it's easy to hack the game and give yourself a natural 3% speed boost and thus harder to see cheaters, it was already hard enough.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gort posted:

So I have a group of four friends (four including me, so four people in total) and this game's on discount this weekend. If we all buy it with the intention of just playing with the four of us (IE: One killer, three survivors) are we going to have a good time?

I found a Steam forums post indicating that you need to deal with fewer generators if there are fewer survivors, but the post was from 2016 and I have no idea if it's still true or can be relied upon.

It'll be fun, but you'll only be able to do custom matches with killer as a friend, and the downside to custom matches is they don't give you any points for progression. But the upside is, in custom games all perks are unlocked so if that's all you're doing it won't matter much.

And yeah, if you do a custom lobby with only 3 survivors there will be 1 less generator to repair. You can always add a bot for the 4th though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lonjon posted:

I honestly think custom matches with friends with one buddy rotating as the Killer role would be the absolute best way to play this game.

Edit:
What a shameful page snype. Here, have a Clown:

We do it sometimes when there's 4 of us. It's crazy fun, especially when drinking.

I was playing Spirit once and at the end they were running to the exit gates and my friend kept screaming "I KNOW HE'S HERE SOMEONE DROP A PALLET SOMEONE DROP A PALLET" and of course I appeared and downed him and MORI'd him. Afterwards he, very seriously, says "You all let me down tonight. I'm very disappointed"

Another match one of the guys was close to blackout stoned and picked Myers. We assumed he was Scratched Mirror because he didn't level up at all, but at the end of the match it was revealed that no, he was not scratched mirror he just went down in the basement and couldn't figure out how to get back up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/g0rejira/status/1697383143525757251?s=20

The hitbox of the Xenomorph's tail is crazy. If you aim high and drag down you can hit over walls. Survivors gonna need to learn how to use turrets ASAP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1xXlYvQx8

Waterlogged Shoe + Scarred Hand + PWYF on Hag is hilarious. She zooms around the map at 126% speed with 3 stacks ahahah

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Counterpoint: Turrets don't do poo poo. Xeno is always able to destroy them before they knock him out of crawler mode. They are a minor distraction, buying the survivor a second of time at most.

Counter counter point - from what I've seen watching streamers over the last few days they are extremely effective when placed intelligently. The problem is, survivors don't know how to use them and put them right out where the Xenomorph can just tail whip them easily and barely loses any distance. Whereas when survivors place them in unexpected areas the Xenomorph doesn't notice them until they've done the work needed.

I had a super long chase today where I kept dragging him between two that I set up at two loops and he was standing almost the entire chase

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

Despite her reputation I get the feeling Skull Merchant + follow up skin moves a lot of auric cells. :thunk:

The thing is, she's kind of fun to play, she's just not going to win unless you 3 gen and draw the match out forever. I've had some good matches where I use her pseudo stealth to have some fun.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

i hit iri 1 on killer, still feel like survivors play poorly as opposed to me playing well though

Gratz, I haven't even hit Gold 1 with survivor or killer in the time I've played this game

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

you can definitely do it. 90% of survivors are worse than the bots that replace them. i have like 30 hours in the game.

Yeah it gets harder, I've got like 2100 hours. I just don't play enough to get to Iridescent in a month. Even when I was playing hardcore I'd get to gold max before the reset.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1699054719413387332?s=20

Huh who would have known the free 8 stacks of STBFL on Tail Attacks wasn't intended.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh I'm sure he'll be back to DBD in a few months, but if I was Hank Behaviour, I might take it as a bad sign that people aren't like "hey this is a new game in a genre I enjoy, I'm gonna play it for a while" but "I am so fed up with DBD's bullshit that I'm jumping ship". People are shouting from the rooftops that they need to start fundamentally fixing their game, to very little effect.

Doubtful. It's a new game, has that new game smell, but BHVR won't be panicking unless it's 3 months down the road and TCM is still higher than it. Which I'm sorry, it won't be.

TCM seems like a fantastic game to play if you have 7 friends to play together, but from what I've seen on Twitch it's already becoming slightly unfun with the people that are treating it like it's a competitive game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1699105206511050763?s=20

A lot of DBD streamers went on to play Deceive, Inc. You can get it as part of the monthly Humble Bundle for $12 (along with other games).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BrewingTea posted:

Just a heads up:

In today's shrine, it's saying I can buy Inner Healing and Guardian at Tier 1, even though I already have both. I normally buy anything I don't already have, but seeing it available at Tier 1 isn't as reliable as it normally is.

Don't buy something you already own by accident... :)

It's already been changed, now it's Adrenaline and For The People.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1699512835745644869?s=20

Yes, BP again. They've said it will be like this through the rest of the year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

There is very little funnier than a flashy bully squad trying for a save but you brought a mori and that just isn't going to work out

Heh I was watching a streamer using Xenomorph, he started his Mori and another survivor was trying to shine their flashlight through the head hole during it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1699829934615572909?s=20

Ughhhh now the fanbase will never shut up

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danaru posted:

I kinda want a fnaf chapter :(

On an island, sure, it's an interesting concept. But the problem is, FNAF chapter brings in FNAF fans who are some of the worst fan base ever, and that's saying something in the DBD thread.

Plus the FNAF creator is a bit of a douche so anything that brings him more money mehhhhhh

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I give it even odds that they either buff it outright or "nerf" it in such a way that does absolutely nothing to fix the issues it has.

Nah they know it's a problem. They definitely won't buff it, but I can see them not realizing the problem with it and nerfing the wrong thing.

As I've said before, the things people would like to see in a change -

- Some sort of clue the survivor has it
- Some time limit
- Removing the healing endurance part of it
- But most importantly, get rid of haste stacking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm 95% sure Spies from the Shadows triggers them too, but nowhere near as useful as Discordance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danknificent posted:

So what's the tier list with the alien in the game?
edit: or what I'm really asking is where is Alien on the tier list?

Relyssa posted:

Otz has Xenomorph at roughly A tier so far.

He'll probably settle in at A and stay there once the tail recovery bug is fixed and they fiddle with turrets. But right now he's like Sadako where if you don't know how to go against him it's a challenge. I had a 3 gen chase against him last night because two loops had gens in good position, so combined with MFT and Resilience plus it was obviously a baby Xenomorph I was pretty easily avoiding him and he was without his power most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

FYI there is an exploit where survivors can clip into lockers and the killer can't do anything to them, so you know. Not a great time to play killer. (is there ever :v:)

https://twitter.com/ToastyEmpress82/status/1700632918031245755

This happened multiple times tonight, on both sides. Had a survivor wait out the entire EGC while the killer just stood there trying to get at him. Needs fixed ASAP.