Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It was on The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Soho Joe posted:

I read these names and then Bird Lady turned to the camera and went :chloe: . Also, if you turn the graphic settings to "Bad" then it is easier see people hiding in tall grass.

I went up against those same people.
They were using the two survivors from the skull merchant chapter.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So long as the anti hook camping mechanic doesn't trigger when all 5 gens are completed, I'm happy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bond is the goat solo q perk.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

rough games last night, nothing but the same sweat squad three games in a row, always burning an autohaven offering, calling me out, using styptics and instaheals, predropping pallets. Didn't get a single down

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hoped she'd be a new mechanic. Bring her broken hexes for buffs.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

"you're a boring trapper, you should play nurse"

yes, god forbid I drop chase on the pre-dropping Kate who's using MFT and windows on eyrie of crows, and make an effort to block choke points, truly a very boring trapper, and not how his power is designed to be used.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

rydiafan posted:

It's especially annoying with things like the dowsing rods that you can't use all the time. Right now I'm getting a ton of BPs that I would love to use to level up the characters I don't use a lot, but then they'll be left with a bunch of limited use items that are just going to gather dust.

yeah, offerings, and generic items need to be faction wide.

Can vaguely understand killer specific offerings not carrying, but, offerings? survivor items and addons?

Needs to be done soon.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So the current theory is the killer tomorrow is going to be a new stranger things license?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/g0rejira/status/1724226864426758172

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Orv posted:

You will not see the gates of heaven

https://x.com/dril/status/205052027259195393?s=20

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kwolok posted:

At this point you can't see the forest for the trees. Namaste homie. Stop normalizing toxic behavior because its been "happening for a while now".

This reeks of "You wouldn't survive a cod lobbby back in my day"

You're wrong and need to stop making assumptions about other people because you're assigning malice where there is none.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Medullah posted:

More BP codes - GFUEL and ALIENWARE (not sure if this one is BP, said I already used it).

50k each

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yep, I'll be playing as jennifer tilley until the day I die

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

she sticks her tongue out and gives the survivor the finger when she downs something

release of the decade

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I cannot gush enough about tiffany

On the Game, a feng is on the lower floor and traps herself behind the god pallet that needs you to do a gen to open the door, trapping herself in.

I scamper under and hit her while she's clicking and she either dead harded, or OTR'd it and leapt over the pallet towards the freezer, into the freezer and towards the long table room.

while still in hidey ho, I turned around, charged, ran under the pallet, vault the window into the freezer, and skimmed around the pig carcasses, into the long tabel room, at the apex of my charge, swung hard right at the top of the table, and smacked her.

absolutely loving incredible killer. I won't play anyone else.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

One of her actual voice lines is

"And the Oscar goes to "Jennifer tilly doing a falsetto survivor getting hooked scream""

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pyrolocutus posted:

(Frank Stone looks Trapper-esque in his mask).

basically identical to the furnace series with the bottom part of his molars cut out.

Bunch of the tools in the trailer looked vaguely like the trappers addons too, but hey, they are tools for a reason.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Slice and Dice requires you to let go before you're on top of them, chucky lunges towards the target. If you're waiting until you're on top of them, you'll hit past them, not on them.

My favourite chucky build is: friends to the end, nowhere to hide, lethal, and pop, paired with rat poison addon, and your choice (I like razor)

So much aura reading, it's essentially a permachase build.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Make distortion also work against survivor aura reading perks, and it's fine.

Something like bond counts as -1 use for the whole map so that it can't be abused by trolling teammates.

tbh distortion is mostly fine, I just think it interacts really weirdly with scratched mirror, seems like you should be able to drain it fast, but nope.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kwolok posted:

Except you're wrong. You can, as a killer, just choose three gens to sit on from the start of the game. With the right perks and what not, this is a not only terribly unfun, but actually fair effective as a killer. It kinda defeats the point of the game, instead of finding and killing survivors, you just find and identify a strong three gen from the start.

A coordinated team could maybe over come it, but solo queue? Absolutely not. Its a miserable experience and an exceptionally lovely way to play (and I do it sometimes)

It's a valid strategy because ultimately, it's frustrating as hell as a killer to have two chases and four gens pop, or 1 and 3.

Playing defensively, 3 genning, should be a valid strategy to slow the game down. If you're going to nerf 3 genning, you're dramatically nerfing killer power, and accordingly, should dramatically increase the time needed to do gens.

That won't happen because gens are the most boring part of the loving game.

e: people talking about nerfs to chucky? not seeing anything on the AMA or the patch notes?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

rydiafan posted:

No, the most boring part of the game is having a killer refuse to leave 10% of the map and just go back and forth kicking the same 3 gens for an hour while never engaging with looping or chasing.

Edit: That being said, I haven't seen this much since the Skull Merchant changes. I've only seen a killer blatantly do it from start of game twice in the last month, and both of those were in RPD when two gens spawned in the lobby and a third was in that upstairs office right off the top of the lobby. Killer can literally see all three gens without moving, and once it was a knight so they could even kick without moving. Sucked so bad.

I disagree, but only by degrees.

Deliberate 3 genning from the start due to killer kit encouraging it (Knight, SM)? boring. forces survivor foresight, forces survivors to focus on breaking a 3 gen from the start and giving up pressure elsewhere.

3 genning midgame due to survivor pressure? smart, strategic, encourages efficient chases, encourages smart survivor play.

3 gens aren't impossible to break, just means you need to change your strategy and scout when you realize you're against a knight or a SM - but that's more a killer kit problem, rather than a "3 gens are inherently problematic" problem.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

first game against a kingshit billy who was clearly game to gently caress about
second game was against a xenomorph who hard tunneled off hook and ignored everyone who wasnt coming off hook

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nikumatic posted:

also whoever here posted their perma-chase (friends til the end, nowhere to hide, pop goes the weasel, and lethal pursuer + rat poison) chucky build i just wanna say thanks, it has been such incredible fun and now i'm getting low on rat poison and am gonna have to grind up some more asap. i run it with uhhh the yellow add-on that gives you your power back when you miss with S&D, which just allows you to use S&D for the aura reading + gap closing and not feel bad about it if you don't get the hit.

That was mine-glad you liked it :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I miss my mom

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

just realised that the wording on the stbfl nerf means that if the survivor in question is running that one nic cage perk to play dead, that they can completely nosell stbfl

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

My suspicion is that there will only be a limited selection of killers and perks you can use in the game mode, probably killswitching anything that gives off auras.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kwolok posted:

Good lord how are survivors dealing with ultimate weapon lmao

Calm spirit

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

the event is miserable to play as survivor, but it's a killers wonderland.

sunrise, sunset.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

"how dare you tunnel, you dog"
my friend, you are body blocking with base bt. accept that there are consequences to the choice you made, and make better ones next time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Was I misremembering a dev endorsing using a cursor overlay a while ago?

If not, has anyone used this yet

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1477830?snr=2_9_100010__apphubheader

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That is an awful / amazing name

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pants Donkey posted:

i heard when they lose a survivor in chase they turn into a Wheredhego

Don't need the new killer for that, I see that all the time when I'm killer.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like many of those killer buffs, but it is depressing that for a set of balance notes that pokes fun at itself by saying "look, we buffed the pig for once", they instead, nerfed the poo poo out of her rbt.

It was already very difficult to get a headpop - and while scott jund had a good point that it's meant for slowdown in higher mmrs, that still doesn't mean that seeing headpops isn't nice - it's part of her kit and design, adding an extra 30 seconds to the timer just means that, you'll never get one anymore.

her rbt was in a good place, now it's not.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

All the twitter drama about it being a legally distinct wendigo, and it turns out that it's actually legally distinct Mandela Catalogue

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Umbreon posted:

Is it actually +30? Like not increased TO 30, but they added another 30 seconds?

The Pig
Basekit
Increased the Reverse Bear Trap's timer to 180 seconds (was 150).
Removed The Pig's ability to see Jigsaw Boxes.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Doomykins posted:

I also misread UHC as VHS when the original power tooltip hit and thought his theme was generating static and electrical interference. :shobon:

Sadako and Unknown, sitting in a tree,

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Guys, I'm really doubting your commitment to sparkle motion

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pyrolocutus posted:

ALLTHINGSWICKED - 100k BP

don't work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It should be illegal for a high prestige nurse to bring people to midwich

like, if you try to do it, you lose control of your mouse, and the game forcibly deselects it and puts on a map offering for the artist's map instead