Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

On one hand kinda yes but on the other hand it was so extremely frustrating that most classes got almost no skill points and you HAD to pump intelligence to get any but of course you don't have infinite attribute points so you either got skill points or could be effective at your class. Unless of course your class was a full caster and only needed one single attribute...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What kind of utterly moronically designed item is that? :catstare: I could accept an item that set a stat to 13 or something more reasonable but that's just stupid. If I was DM'ing I would NEVER allow it. I'd allow a +x to strength that could surpass 20 however I got the impression they wanted to do away with those so it'd have to be quite rare.

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 1, 2023

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That at least is somewhat understandable since these video games often penalize you if you don't make your main character charisma based with all the talking skills. Still an absolutely terrible way to do it.

Poil fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 1, 2023

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I follow a youtube channel called Treantmonk's Temple who does optimization, among other things, and he uses a warlock spamming eldritch blast as the baseline and bare minimum for what a damage build needs to do. I trust his opinion way more than whoever is complaining that warlock blasting is very powerful. Obviously you do not need to optimize or anything but it is interesting to get the thoughts of someone who knows the system quite well and backs it up with maths and arguments.