Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Same, with the caveat that I'm not done with my playthrough yet so I skip ahead whenever I suspect spoiler talk is incoming, with limited success (not a knock against the LP, to be clear).

Also, it's funny to realise the jank is not exclusive to the console version when someone good enough to do a challenge run sometimes struggles with some of the same stuff I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

Melth posted:

Have you noticed any differences with the console version when comparing to seeing this (or other) PC runs? I don't think I've seen any footage of the console version. In any case, it's certainly fun of jank on the PC!

Well, the obvious big difference is the pad control scheme and associated UI, the PC version's menus and keyboard + mouse interface, especially with the type-name-to-find-thing search, are much better. A particularly spiteful choice on the console port is mapping the Alt(?) key to highlight items to the analogue stick button while the Y face button sits unused, and there are no remapping options.
All in all, this CRPG seems ideally suited to be played on a computer, who knew?

I get frequent soft freezes during inventory management, usually when splitting items or sending things to camp. The necromancy of Thay book entirely vanished from my inventory sometime after I'd read the first part of it (not sure how long after, only noticed much later when all my old saves had been overwritten) and I'm unsure if it was a bug or a legitimate quest outcome.

But the jank I spoke of is the "party members accidentally triggering traps on their own", "stealth battles not starting properly" etc game logic that from my limited understanding appears to be mostly identical on both versions so far.