Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Interesting explanation of the merchant mechanics. In my casual Normal difficulty play through, I always wondered what the hell was the point of the "Attitude", because it never seemed to affect much even when I helped them out - oh sure you might have literally saved the merchant's life, but screw you this is commerce buddy, no change to prices. The idea of just flinging money at them never crossed my mind because why the hell would you? I just sort of assumed that outside of my Charisma/Persuasion, the prices were the prices. Of course, it also wasn't really needed in a casual playthrough since money never felt like an issue past the first couple trips to town when "literally anything to fill the empty slot" counts as an upgrade.

I was surprised to hear you say at the end that you think Eldritch Blast is a bit overrated. Is that primarily because of your game limitations? Does it lose value on higher difficulties with more enemy HP? Not fit into your chosen fight strategies? Or am I just missing something? I played with a Warlock PC and pumped the hell out of my Warlock's Charisma (for Agonizing Blast power), and my character basically rode that spell the entire game start to finish whenever I didn't want to (or couldn't) toss out a higher level spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Snake Maze posted:

There's also that side path with the traps that I literally never take and forgot even existed until this post, I don't actually know what happens if you use that to avoid the guards.
Mostly what happens is you get blown up and/or you waste a bunch of already-rare Trap Disarm kits. :v:

The non-joke answer is that it doesn't really change much except for skipping that fight, IIRC the side path dumps you out pretty close to the gate.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I feel like skipping one of the major questlines and the biggest fight of Act 2 would result in you breaking more rules than taking a single pseudo-mandatory rest, especially if you burn those spell slots afterwards.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 10, 2024

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Interesting, I always just sort of ignored the Hag potions figuring they were all traps (because, you know, evil Hag). Cool that you found a way to get some use even out of some of the negative ones.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 25, 2024