Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013

Melth posted:

I've just remembered a huge problem for this no-rest run!

One time in the past I was doing a similar no-rest run. I rescued Halsin, killed all the goblins, talked to Halsin at the Emerald Grove, and the tieflings got ready for the party. However, since doing the party requires resting, I skipped the party and just went to the mountain pass instead and finished Act 1 and then continued my adventure to Act 2.

The problem is, that meant Halsin never showed up in camp! He'd said he would join us in camp but he simply never did, he never showed up in act 2, and thus I missed out on his entire questline about cleansing the shadow-curse.

Terrible, and very silly.

So I feel like I'm in a bit of a bind here. I either have to rest at the party (maybe injuring my own characters afterward/wasting spell slots in order to mechanically have the effect of not resting?) or have to skip the biggest sidequest in all of act 2, and the biggest fight with it

What do people think?

While I'm asking for input, I'm also considering whether to sacrifice a party member to the great god BOOOAL. The buff isn't really worth it mechanically, but could be fun. The main question to me is whether there's a character I wouldn't mind losing, whose death wouldn't deprive me of too many quests/unique items.

I accidentally did this in a playthrough with a friend. We just didn't rest too frequently. The solution is you can go back to the emerald grove and he'll be there. After you talk to him. He'll be standing beside the unconscious flame fist's bed. After the event he'll join camp. Or at least that was how it worked for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
oh right! you need to goto camp INSIDE the lostlight inn area. he'll be there are no where else for some reason