Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I could see it being pretty interesting still since there's basically no healing at all beyond your very limited spell slots, unless there's some trick I'm not thinking of. Although, yeah, there are a lot of options that are almost entirely locked out this way, so I could also see it devolving into "ambush with 4 assassin/gloomstalkers dual wielding hand crossbows x100" or something.

Allowing respecs seems like a big outlier compared to how restrictive the rest of it is, is that just so you can have your cake and eat it too with the dex gloves and similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
:hmmyes: Challenge run where you have to win every single encounter in a single turn (without barrelmancy)

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Shaking my head at all this Lae'zel slander. You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Excited to see how things go as you get to the harder fights though, it seems like the relative value of the classes shifts a lot with these restrictions.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
That got me thinking about trying to skip that fight at the gate by triggering the absolute scene after entering the goblin camp through the side path by the Githyanki patrol. On the one hand I think that requires you to go close enough that the event with the dragon flying down triggers, which I think means you can't just ignore the patrol encounter or else the patrol leaves (not actually sure about this), but on the other hand maybe it would be possible to put the patrol fight off anyway if you're not long resting? It brings up the very funny image of Lae'zel running off to talk to the patrol, the party loving off to go explore the underdark for dozens of hours, and then coming back to join Lae'zel just as she finally actually talks to the patrol.

I guess it wouldn't work anyway, if the goal is to long rest now to avoid a forced rest later, but I'm a little sad the route doesn't involve that kind of nonsense, taking "time is fake, we're doing all this in a single day" to the extreme.

There's also that side path with the traps that I literally never take and forgot even existed until this post, I don't actually know what happens if you use that to avoid the guards.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
I just checked in an old save and the party isn't actually a free long rest, you still choose supplies and can do a partial rest instead. I'd think that should be fine, that's less recovery than a short rest.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

FairGame posted:

Nobody posts which is a bummer but I just want to say I'm enjoying this and find the tactics pretty clever.

Personally I've replayed Act 1 a dozen times, so the videos going over dialogue choices and roleplay justifications and the easy fights I kind of just skim over. (Also, it's a personal hangup but I find all the rants about Lae'zel and Astarion pretty offputting, and I feel like Lae Boing Zel is a joke that gets old after 15 minutes)

Still keeping an eye on the LP though, there's a lot of big fights I'm interested in seeing. I wouldn't be surprised if discussion picks back up once there's more going on to talk about.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Melth posted:

In an exciting turn of events, the new patch today adds some more legendary actions for bosses!

Unfortunately, two of those bosses I've already fought.

On the bright side, it sounds like Ragzlin's wouldn't have changed anything.

Patch Notes posted:

In Tactician Mode, Dror Ragzlin's Leadership Aura will now also debuff his enemies
Won't help him much when he gets oneshot by a lightning bolt! (Unless they also buffed its radius or something, I haven't seen the fight post-patch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
Love it when my game glitches have a theme and moral. Wear a mask long enough, and it becomes your true face...