Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Trying posted:

looks like he’s plumb out of luck

plumb out of gently caress.

plums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Trying posted:

looks like he’s plumb out of luck

the joke so good it had to be made half a dozen times itt

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Which is worse hell or Ohio

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the joke so good it had to be made half a dozen times itt

Thread's really plumbing the depths of comedy here

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

"Plumbs!," said Michael Rosen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Internet Old One posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about the 250k income. He actually made like 40k and the 250k was based on a casual conversation with his boss about selling the company to him or someone sometime in his onboarding.

The boss totally forgot the discussion and Joe went in every day thinking he was selected at his interview to be the future owner as soon as they got around to it or something. I don’t remember his exact understanding of the math but basically the owner would have basically been throwing away free money by selling to Joe by his understanding. Not surprising the sort of personality drawn to conservative politics would stop asking questions when they like their current understanding of a situation no matter how nonsensical or incongruent.

Even though by joes understanding he’d probably have no problem paying back a loan, I had to wonder how he though a bank was going to give him that money with no assets and a 40k job. It’s also a mystery to me how he went into work every day thinking he’d own the place without being a licensed plumber but he’d somehow have licensed plumbers on staff who are happy working for him while he keeps most of the profits and why the boss wouldn’t have tried to sell to one of them first.

lol