Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
https://twitter.com/oldbooksguy/status/1695775948569018481

I think it is great that we have finally settled the debate between good art and bad art in an easy to use guide, I am personally very tired of art that enfeebles life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this good art OP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
thanks to jash for an incredible tweet, and to TO for sharing it with us :thanks:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

its true, the only way to appreciate art is with a spreadsheet and checklist. why yes i do refer to women as females, why do you ask?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Buce posted:

its true, the only way to appreciate art is with a spreadsheet and checklist. why yes i do refer to women as females, why do you ask?

This is why I always bring a checklist with me when I visit art museums, the docents are all so full of poo poo.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

:females:

All art is good as long as you made it yourself. Even if it is making GBS threads dick nipples on sonic.
Just because it's good doesn't mean you should share it with the world.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Oh no I think that guy is serious, that chart got funnier as I kept reading it and I was expecting it to be a parody but looking at his other tweets he's actually serious. Or committing to the bit so hard I can't recognize it as parody anymore.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the word fart contains the word art, and i find it difficult to believe that it is a coincidence

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

For the inevitable ex-Twitter users:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

WEED

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

:thanks:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
WISES TO DESTROY THE CANON

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

you see, just reference my good/bad art spreadsheet....

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the "bulletproof coffee vs weed" thing is bad enough (coffee and weed are neither opposites nor opponents, they are dear friends.. but "bulletproof" is always a red flag) but im pretty sure anyone who talks about "mans divine right and terrible duty" is not someone i want anywhere near my art or my life in any context

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Point 1, and it's wrong already. Makes you feel weird is to be expected when experiencing great art by the likes of Heironymous Bosch and Salvador Dali, and probably by many thousands of other artists too.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

Point 1, and it's wrong already. Makes you feel weird is to be expected from experiencing great art by the likes of Heironymous Bosch and Salvador Dali, and probably by many thousands of other artists too.

i rather doubt the person who made that chart enjoys either bosch or dali

in fact i bet their favorite piece of visual art is like, marble columns or some poo poo like that

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:actually: good art has drugs be about magic mushrooms

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

Point 1, and it's wrong already. Makes you feel weird is to be expected when experiencing great art by the likes of Heironymous Bosch and Salvador Dali, and probably by many thousands of other artists too.

I'm sorry, but those are objectively bad artists, if you can even call them artists, they confuse the mind just for starters.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Thomas Kinkade! He's the Painter of Light, you know.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Three Olives posted:

I'm sorry, but those are objectively bad artists, if you can even call them artists, they confuse the mind just for starters.

I'm sorry, but your mind has been confused by stupid social media posts and bad toilet training or something. Also, and sorry to have to be so blunt, but the stuffed penguins on the shelf in your home office room are in extremely poor taste, whether they're intended to represent Linux or not.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

I am getting angrier the more I think about this he made an S-tier art shitpost by accident, I couldn't be that funny if I tried.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Jash is a wise and kind man. We should all listen to him more,

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

BigBadSteve posted:

Kirk Johnson

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you feel weird looking upon the masterworks of Kirk Johnson that's a you problem.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

zedprime posted:

If you feel weird looking upon the masterworks of Kirk Johnson that's a you problem.

His works clearly confuse the mind as evidenced by the famous refrain “what is that man doing to his anus?”

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the only thing i can really say about art anymore is a lot of people apparently have the time to keep insisting they are artists

like some guy who is genuinely looking forward to replacing some pavers in his garden strikes me as more artistic as a lot of these people writing shows or playing music these days. but whatever i just turned 30 and i got to have my fun with some creatives when i was younger

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

20 Blunts posted:

the only thing i can really say about art anymore is a lot of boring fucks insist on making it

having not much to say about art is very boring but at least you aren't making art so thanks

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

PinheadSlim posted:

having not much to say about art is very boring but at least you aren't making art so thanks

i edited my thought, i have plenty to say about art. but to your point, i find it refreshing when people who dont have much to say about art other than that they enjoy x, y, z.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I don't have Twitter, but I think it's safe to assume that this is one of those accounts where the guy does nothing but post his narrow-rear end definition of "classical" art, books, architecture, etc. while whining about how ugly modern everything is and harping about nazi "traditional values."

Edit: Probably against my better judgement I went and used Nitter, and hahahaha, what a fuckin' dweeb. Look at this poo poo:

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 29, 2023

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I don't have Twitter, but I think it's safe to assume that this is one of those accounts where the guy does nothing but post his narrow-rear end definition of "classical" art, books, architecture, etc. while whining about how ugly modern everything is and harping about nazi "traditional values."

Did we cede all classical art, literature and architecture to the nazis now?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Brain Curry posted:

His works clearly confuse the mind as evidenced by the famous refrain “what is that man doing to his anus?”
A rhetorical question remarking on the sweat, tears, and struggle of the work.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

BigBadSteve posted:

this is art

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
I addition to this, the only architecture that is beautiful is that which has large columns and marble. Also must be made by white ppl, or something is weird/ugly about it?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Solenna posted:

Oh no I think that guy is serious, that chart got funnier as I kept reading it and I was expecting it to be a parody but looking at his other tweets he's actually serious. Or committing to the bit so hard I can't recognize it as parody anymore.

Satire died in 2016 and real life has been a parody of itself since then op.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

GOOD ART: cum

BAD ART: no cum

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

neato burrito posted:

GOOD ART: cum

BAD ART: no cum

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Satire died in 2016 and real life has been a parody of itself since then op.

Szechwan posted:

I addition to this, the only architecture that is beautiful is that which has large columns and marble. Also must be made by white ppl, or something is weird/ugly about it?

I just remembered that Trump tried to ban modern architecture from being used for federal buildings.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

This makes me feel weird. Who is this strenge lady? Why is is showing me her boobs? Your pervert. I don't like this, it makes me feel weird.

Verdict - BAD ART

Oh, I know these guys - it's Sonic and Mario! And they're gonna be each other's boyfriend! How sweet! Wow, this put me in a good mood.

Verdict - GOOD ART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

EorayMel posted:

Is this good art OP

This is bad art because the weed users killed two people and buried them in their garden. The weed is literally fertilized by their evil act and they smoke it and make more bad art and probably kill more people