Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've been experimenting with Ashwaganda because why not.

I've had good luck with St. Johns Wort to help deal with general malaise and seasonal blues.

My general experience so far after a couple weeks is that my sleep has improved. I'm oddly more "aware" while asleep, which is odd, but I tend to stay asleep through the night a lot better.

I should have tracked my sleep with a FitBit or something for a week before starting, but I'm convinced I'm getting more restful sleep.

Tik Tokers have claimed that it causes them to be totally emotionless and numb to the world, which has not been my experience. Pretty sure they're just being dramatic for views. I've certainly felt pretty chill and less stressed out despite having gone through a couple very stressful months.

I'm not a doctor and can only speak to my own experience so definitley look into this stuff or talk to a doctor before taking it.

I've found it to be pretty helpful and wonder if any goons can say the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Gesundheit

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
ashwaganda forever :xd: :xd: :xd:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Can you smoke it?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
It's got tropine in it so I'm sure it does make you sleepy

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

It made me feel really loving weird, they also say it might increase intracranial pressure which is I think what happened

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

flubber nuts posted:

Can you smoke it?

You can smoke anything

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sekenr posted:

It made me feel really loving weird, they also say it might increase intracranial pressure which is I think what happened

Sounds like you are not immune to ashwaganda.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I was packing some poo earlier, now I'm sitting on the toilet unpacking it.

Gotta tell you op, I feel much better. Hth.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

My Spirit Otter posted:

ashwaganda forever :xd: :xd: :xd:

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about a pokemon game or cartoon based in Wakanda.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
You should try it's sister plant ayahuasca.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ashwagandeez nutz OP!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

gonna start eating random nightshade berries all the time, should be good

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

do you take it with your mangosteen juice op?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve heard that it’s either useless or similar to xanax which is a massive chasm of experiences.

E: if it’s more like xanax you report back tout de suite

teen witch fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 31, 2023

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It definitely does something but it's kind of subtle unless you take 1+g at a time

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I tried shrooms earlier this summer for the first time ever and it was awful. Not totally related I guess but I don't have anywhere else to post about this.

I was reading about it beforehand and sites were talking about having life-altering experiences and deep realizations and stuff and all it did was take the emotions I was currently feeling (sadness, anger) and elevate them to even shittier levels. I was sad/angry because I had just found out my ten year old cat has heart disease. Terrible experience, my wife and a friend tripped with me and we all agreed it was bad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Does it make my dick bigger

Not that I need it just asking for a friend

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I tried shrooms earlier this summer for the first time ever and it was awful. Not totally related I guess but I don't have anywhere else to post about this.

I was reading about it beforehand and sites were talking about having life-altering experiences and deep realizations and stuff and all it did was take the emotions I was currently feeling (sadness, anger) and elevate them to even shittier levels. I was sad/angry because I had just found out my ten year old cat has heart disease. Terrible experience, my wife and a friend tripped with me and we all agreed it was bad.

Set and setting were all bad so of course you had a bad trip, that's what happens

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Well at least the wife knows she bought defective goods and can drop you for a working model!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Is this poo poo legal? Can you buy it over the internet?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

shirunei posted:

Well at least the wife knows she bought defective goods and can drop you for a working model!

jesus

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

anyway yeah those were terrible circumstances to take shrooms wtf, smoke weed next time. sorry though

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Sucrose posted:

kind of. it's on this darkweb place called wal-mart

Ashwagandha made me feel a tiny bit flushed in a weird way, like I was standing in moderate sunlight all the time. I might try shatavari and see how that goes. It has steroidal saponins in it vs the steroidal lactones found in ashwagandha

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I'm a bag of abuse and negativity and tripping made me realize I was carrying hate and suffering that I could drop at any point.

I'm sorry you had a bad time but taking shrooms straight up saved my life and mental health.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Sucrose posted:

In America, the only thing that's illegal is compassion.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

nothing much ashwaganda with you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP reported for racism

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm sorry you had a bad time but taking shrooms straight up saved my life and mental health.

Hell yeah shrooms rule

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

if you want actual, scientifically-verified more-restful sleep, just live in a high atmospheric pressure environment. Just a couple atm should do it. You'll also have more energy, burn more calories, build muscle faster, improve immune function, and a whole shitload of other benefits.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm a bag of abuse and negativity and tripping made me realize I was carrying hate and suffering that I could drop at any point.

I'd heard similar from a couple people I know and trust which is why I gave it a try, but no dice.

shirunei posted:

Neither one of us is getting out of this marriage alive.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

sorry to dogpile on you, but you were *supposed* to feel that way. shrooms are great for breaking down emotional barriers and allowing us to feel things that we would otherwise suppress. the last time I took a large dose I didn't have a fun time, but I did grieve, which was in the end more beneficial.

for a good time on shrooms you want to be in a calm place emotionally, and do them outside in nature where you can experience the breathing of the trees and witness the fractal nature of our reality. I wish you better luck next time <3

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

if you want actual, scientifically-verified more-restful sleep, just live in a high atmospheric pressure environment. Just a couple atm should do it. You'll also have more energy, burn more calories, build muscle faster, improve immune function, and a whole shitload of other benefits.

Bubbleboy 2

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just wait until you find out about all the side effects and medical interactions of your weird otc hippy poo poo

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

ashwaubenon is cool, its got the national train museum, and lambeau field is like, right there too

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Bubbleboy 2

just live under th ocean

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Buce posted:

just live under th ocean

in a tube, i should clarify. in a tube.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
It works great for me, reduces anxiety to a pretty noticeable degree. I heard not to take more than 300mg at once as it can have a toxic effect on the body in higher doses

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

gently caress all these roots and herbs - if it doesn’t have a brand name and a commercial and isn’t sold to me by a handsome pharmaceutical rep, I ain’t taking it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I think Strong Bad sang a song about this