Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

To celebrate the new thread the Christmas chocolate was already up in Asda yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I spent half of yesterday arguing because our publisher has hosed about with our games launch dates so much that we can't possibly line up the "not Christmas" event with the holidays anymore without grossly stretching everything else.

I argued that it's just not that important, half the world isn't even in winter, most don't even celebrate Christmas, why does it matter if we just leave the nice event flow in place and it switches to a brand new pirate event on the 18th of December...

I got told I'm insane and that a Caribbean themed pirate world taking over in December is just wrong.

Then I go to asda and the reindeer choccies are out in August and I just felt like lying down amidst the bread aisle.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Lol, tory Lab coalition next gov. Calling it now.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

The moment they do say they'll tax the rich and will fund anything even a sliver to the left of Thatcher it'll get pounced on, and it'll be all the media will talk about forever and ever tho right?

I don't agree it's the right way to go, hope and change etc. but they've clearly decided that trying to deflate the right wing press of any ammunition whatsoever by promising literally nothing is the strategy that will work, and it's just us the "radical lefties" that it's going to stop voting. What, with us wanting good things like positive change and good policy, silly political children that we are.

I think they're pitching so hard right though that even the average voter is starting to go "hey come on now..." Because at heart they ARE just as right wing as quite a lot of the tories on a lot of policies and they're just showing true to form.

It's not like they're actually going to suddenly be all like "yay let's do PR labour under keir won" loving yeah right, they're going to go "the system works just fine, because we won, why change anything" just like every other time they won.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Man I remember so many arguments about school uniform as a kid and "not the right shade of navy"
Seems so weird and petty in retrospect.

My sister's school seemed to have a set number of things that they had to have banned.

The girls campaigned for ages to be able to wear black tights and it finally got allowed, then next week the school banned black socks for girls.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I think my mum was a nightmare for my school. A letter writing, single mum, with no willingness to back down. Undiagnosed ADHD and all, I think I was too. I've not seen anyone from back then since. Probably for the best.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Yeah they've 100% decided that if they make ANY policy decision at all they risk loving it up and not squeaking by. So this is it then until the very end. No decisions whatsoever, no commitments on anything. Always twirling, twirling towards freedom and Keir.

If even after this weeks "Children are possibly going to get crushed to death by concrete" didn't cause them to blink, nothing is going to change.

Does help that the Tories have basically hosed it into the Sun tho.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 4, 2023

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Someone bring me some special k... christ.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I do feel somewhat bad for twitch streamers, not really angry ham guy there, but there's a lot who are earning a barely supplemental income because they play some poo poo game every night that 100 people watch, and they've been stuck doing it for 10 years and there's literally no way out. It's like some weird hell purgatory.

Some of them look just so goddamn dead inside is all.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Cauliflower cheese like so many dishes can be utterly amazing or hosed up royally as a factor of how you cook it, what cheese do you use, do you season it properly to determine if you end.up with amazing caramelized crispy goodness or grey farty slop.

If you've been fed the aforementioned grey farty flavored slop before, it doesn't matter how good the version is someone is making you, all you'll taste is that, because our brains our dumb and broken and like to recall misery.

Like many British dishes.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I've been turbo focused on work all week due to my project closing out and was only half paying attention to the thread due to the dangerous dogs argument redux for the fifteen thousandth time. RIP Camrath. He would have found it very loving funny that he absolutely ended that derail instantly.

He made the best fudge and was a quality poster and a good egg all round and I shall miss him greatly. I had a good cry when I found out and hugged my cats and ate a whole pack of his fudge and sat in the garden with a beer for a bit and looked at my chilli plants and thought about seeds.

It wasn't even that long ago I was chatting to him about trying to get some diabetic friendly options but the textures from alt sugars just weren't up to his standards and he wouldn't let anything that wasn't absolutely perfect go out.

Never to be :( goddamn what a week.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I will be very disappointed if noncegeddon is just Russell loving Brand who is a class A twat anyway.

I was hoping for at least 75% of the overly posh and privileged Oxbridge educated panel circuit that propped up the anti Corbyn media circus to have to get in the bin.

E: speaking of UK comedy circuit regulars (not so much anymore) what does the thread make of Nish Kumar these days? since he started doing Pod save the UK. I know we weren't collectively much a fan of the American version due to the Obama whitewashing.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 16, 2023

Mebh
May 10, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Feels a bit off to be hoping that a bunch of people are sex offenders? Like obviously there are some, seems like every industry is riddled with it but absent evidence, if you're hoping specific people are then you're basically wishing that there's a bunch of crimes and victims of said crimes right?

I figured that would be the take someone would go for. Obviously loving not. I just want them to gently caress off. They likely ARE a bunch of closet nonces though, you realise, right?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

stev posted:

Which ones specifically?

That's bait...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Lol, labour. Surprising fewer people than Russel Brands alleged noncing

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Thanks to the poster who pointed out covid jabs are now available.

Got both COVID and flu shots yesterday.

Now if only I could stop wanting to feel like I want to die as I lie here shivering, unable to move either of my arms.

:shepicide:

Far less bad than either the flu or any form of covid mind, which everyone seems to be coming down with at work again now the weather has turned.

Small consolation and random garden report , I have harvested all the chillies I planted now and there shall be much pickling and tasty curries.
The poblanos didn't grow big enough this year as I need a much bigger pot, but they're bloody tasty, and I made possibly the tastiest curry I've ever made by combining home grown padrons with a Madras to make a sort of Jalfrezidras. Do recommend!

Not too impressed with basket of fire chillies, pretty plant, high yield, underwhelming chilli. Padrons, Birdseye and Poblanos all totally worthwhile in the UK. Everything else died.

Also tried growing a few exotic herbs like perilla leaves , first 30 seedlings failed even in heated trays apart from two which a cat then ate.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

How long until Starmer also drops labours net zero promises?

Now now we won't make any promises we can't keep and we can't make any promises until we see the books and the mean tories won't show us the books until we're elected so *farting noises*

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

And then Boris Johnson tried to do the same thing with "I was at a hospital where there were a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody."

Boris Johnson was the people's princess that we, the people of the UK, truly deserved.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Tinfoil hat, but if I wanted to neuter the unions I'd absolutely infiltrate their middle management with people designed to gum up the works and not communicate and just generally be poo poo about it, to collect pay and do nothing.

Of course that's just pretty much any and all managers everywhere soooo. I don't think anyone needs to do any infiltrating of anything as good management is really loving hard and nearly everyone who wants to do it should be immediately disqualified.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

This country is a bit of a mess isn't it?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jimbly Crombly cutting down famous trees in Scotland!!!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

The HS2 thing is really breaking through actually.

At work, NOBODY talks about politics in public meetings, it's just not done, as everyone in any managerial role seems to be a "responsible dad" type who just looks somewhat pained if you get too radical about anything. What I imagine Keir Labour to be basically.

In a 100 plus person all hands last week, someone was pitching a train related game, where incidentally you can drift trains round corners and jump between tracks like in some kind of fast and furious thing (don't ask how that works, game Devs are weird) one of the managers suddenly said something akin to "I bet we'll be able to build railways to the north in this game, unlike in the real world" And it pretty much derailed the meeting for a few to talk about HS2. This doesn't happen.

Of all bloody things to start breaking through to people... i guess it would be the London train commute for the corporate manager class. Ah yeah that makes sense doesn't it. gently caress.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I would also play Need For Speed: London Underground.

No lie, that's basically the pitch. Music track and all. Train customisation out the wazoo, exploding Train collisions, sadly it's tyool 2023 so it'd have golden train armour and a battle pass and thus be a pile of money grubbing arse despite the fun concept.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It's just that video of the underground hyperloop traffic jam on repeat over and over while god save the Queen blasts through a tannoy and we all slowly suffocate.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Cross posting from other threads that I don't even read, but my wife does and she said that the UKMT lot would probably appreciate this... seeing as we're all obviously Marxists and all...
https://twitter.com/Pioldes/status/1709323993847631978

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I just don't get how both Parties are so aggressively loving bad at literally everything.

Is it just really as simple that they're always trying to hide how shittily corrupt and bought they all are, but they're just a bit too thick to pretend to be genuine about anything?

I eat a kefir or gut health yoghurt and a spoon of peanut butter for breakfast. Maybe some fruit or granola if I feel fancy and hungry. Usually a cup of earl grey tea and a pint of water.

Then I take amphetamines and start doing the moves. Mostly in excel. Sometimes in python.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jakabite posted:

What would you call toasted bread that has gone cold out of interest??

Bird food?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I mean I guess you could make croutons with it

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Keir to announce mandatory cold toast.

The crowd goes wild.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Sigh :sigh:

Right to choose shut its doors too https://psychiatry-uk.com/right-to-choose/

You're basically hosed now unless you can afford private.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Irrelevant and sensitive: the British people

Mebh
May 10, 2010

TACD posted:

*nods sagely* Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra

Keith, his eyes open.

Starmer, when the walls fell.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

crispix posted:

i tried making my own hummus once but it had the consistency of playdough and the taste of playdough :whitewater:

https://youtu.be/NbXC0B83S7k?si=JIK1YhSw1jJeeLp5

This is my go to recipe from a big lad who knows his poo poo. Secret is dried chickpeas and ice.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

"Labour's green prosperity plan!"

No, too ambitious. Sounds woke.

"Labour's prosperity plan!"

No, can't guarantee prosperity.

"Labour's plan!"

Hmm, getting there. Still too forward thinking.

"Labour!"

There we go.

Manifesto complete.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

notaspy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041020&pagenumber=33&perpage=40

Thread of bluesky codes

I've been too lazy grabbing them but you will have better luck

Hmm, not a single code from the last page of that thread worked :(

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Do not PM rival growth budgets to Mebh.

I got excited. I could have made a pivot chart and all...

Thanks for the codes goons.

Now I have another social network to ignore! At least this one doesn't have all my colleagues on it so I can ramble drunkenly at 3am occasionally about video games.

E: cat tax

She just noticed the speaker cable I put across the ceiling after 3 months...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Guardian loves to huff and puff about how fearlessly independent it is, but when the chips are down it always slavishly follows the Establishment line. I honestly despise the Guardian more than I do outfits like the Telegraph, which at least never pretends to be anything more than a populist hard right publication.

It does especially grate when it's held up as a left wing example by right wing bastards on the news as well.

Not that there's much in the way of actual left wing media, print or otherwise.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It's coming...

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Getting married today. It's that awkward time where it's still too early to put my suit on and leave the house, I don't really feel like doing anything else and I probably shouldn't start drinking just yet. Ugh, just want it to be over.

Just remember, 90 percent of marriage is yelling "What???" at each other from separate rooms.

This is why we built a second gaming pc in our living room so we can happily couch game and cuddle.

Hope your day goes swell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

We just got made to go stand alone in the teachers store cupboard.

I loved it because it was quiet and there was loads of poo poo to look at.

I did once get told to go sweep up the snow during a blizzard with a dustpan and brush after I threw some (of my own) pound coins into it yelling that they were cursed. Not entirely sure why I did that.