Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Printer chat: When I worked at the NHS, every department used off-brand cartridges. Fine, except you'd get the occaisional DoA or one that would just spew toner inside the printer.

One day one of the depts had an issue with their printer that wasn't toner related, but we discovered that if there were knock-off toners inside when the printer-tech came the fault would be blamed on them and the tech would go away. So they bought a full set of legitimate toners (about £600), which were only put in when a support call was logged. Like Sunday best toners.

There was also the ancient MFD that was installed in a corridor between three departments. They all claimed it was theirs when it was working, and went 'What printer?' when it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Does anyone know if TSB have a limit on over-the-counter cash withdrawals? Because I need to withdraw 3k tomorrow, and I'm worried there might be an issue with pulling out that much in one go.

editted. Obviously I was working on old info.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Lmao, it really is.

Steal everyone else's poo poo, refuse to learn how anything works, demand that someone else sort it all out when it breaks.

And leadership determined by big hats.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Horse I was riding gave a little french bulldog type a light kick when it wouldn't back off; launched it about a metre. Dog came back for a second go before the owners managed to get it on a lead.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Dogs in pubs are usually fine, they're just lounging around, doing nothing much.

Our local in Pin Mill was often carpeted in lurchers just lazing in front of the fire.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Well, gently caress.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We need to reclaim pink, it being a girls colour in the west is so weird. Back in Punjab a pink turban and shirt is perfectly masculine, you can get straight-married in a completely pink outfit and noone will bat an eye.

This sounds silly, but this guy looks so happy that it cheered me up a bit.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's on Amazon :guillotine:

That's a pirated one.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 14, 2023

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Runcible Cat posted:

Done. Though the aliexpress one's probably a knockoff too - Angrymog, have you got a link to the original?

There doesn't seem to be one, but there's a few crochet patterns.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

If I can I'm going to vote Green next election. Labour if I can't :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Did that yelling guy call the Remainers Romans in addition to traitors and cunts?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://twitter.com/RepublicStaff/status/1705581282980168029?s=20

Wasn't sure if it was real of not so googled and there are a handful of newspaper articles about it, here's one:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/23/europe/buckingham-palace-protest-intl-gbr/index.html

I was hoping for something a bit more exciting than people in t-shirts. They probably even paid for tour tickets.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Weren't some patches of old growth forest cut down for HS2?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weirdly if I don’t eat breakfast I can go all day on nothing and just have something for tea around 6, but if I do eat breakfast I’m always left absolutely ravenous by about 10am and just want to eat constantly throughout the day.

Same actually. It's like that first bit of food kick starts your appetite.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Fuctifikno - did you used to post on whyweprotest during the Operation Party Hard times? I remember there being a Portsmouth anon who was in a wheelchair and very active.

I made it to the cover of the T2 supplement when they covered Operation Party Hard

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

smellmycheese posted:

How is this real lol

The German airforce is still called the Luftwaffe, and that's still their roundel?

I imagine it might be tricky to get a civilian flight into Israel at the moment?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'd like a RE1 remake that has proper 3rd person controls - I tried to play the originals and just couldn't get used to the way the character moved, or how the controls moved the character in relation to the camera angle

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Guavanaut posted:

The flat pins were never really very good at video frequencies compared to the actual way to do component though.

Bit like the British aerial plugs, which were only really rated up to 30MHz (low VHF) and should have been replaced with BNC or F connectors long ago.

I used to have a a monitor - one of the Sony ones with the two lines across - that IIRC used the individual colour connectors.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Harsh on the Suffolk accent.

I've heard a really Suffolk accent once - it's a very slow accent. I think a lot of the old country accents are functionally extinct now.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm probably going to be the last person in my family to die, so pauper's funeral for me.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Re: station alerts, I heard that Inspector Case was the suspicious packages one.

Used to hear Sands called for all the time at Liverpool Street.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Rookoo posted:

Cheers YouTube

That's not in profile.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

One of the replies says it's filmed in April, so this is really nonsense.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Why are octopus antisemetic now?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mega Comrade posted:

I missed this when it happened. So he has to wear that robe in Parliament to identify he's a Lord amongst the commons?

God this country is embarrassing.

That's in the HoL - red seats. HoC has green.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

Do house of fraser even exist any more?

Big department store in Maidstone and Bluewaters

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

keep punching joe posted:

In my house we put the decorations up no earlier than the 23rd, and they were down by the 5th of Jan.

Same when we used to do decorations as a kid. Usually they'd go up Christmas Eve

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

So this budget - it's basically a poison pill for the next government isn't it?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Runcible Cat posted:

He still hasn't moved. I may have to commit the Unforgivable Sin.

When I lived at home 'The cat is sitting on me' was the ultimate reason not to get up and do something. It's very awkward when you live alone and have to choose between necessities and moving the cat.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

The other day my train home from London was cancelled and the reason given was 'too many trains'. What did some of them have fuckin baby trains unexpectedly? ...it was fine I got the next one.

Well, when you buy a female train from a disreputable dealer somtimes they arrive pregnant, and it can be really hard to tell when a working train is carrying.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

re: Uniform

My high school (back in the late 80s - early 90s) was quite civillised; it was guidelines rather than having to buy things from a specific shop. There was some idiocy like girls could only wear trousers from the 2nd year onwards - first years had to have skirts, and there were occaisional reminders to people that you weren't supposed to be wearing a t-shirt under your shirt, which we all ignored, and the teachers didn't get arsey about. From some of the modern stories I get the feeling people would be being dragged out of class and stripped down to remove the offending t-shirt.

I did get in a row with them in the fifth year because the rules forbade leather jackets with studs, but as both my parents and I were quite insistent, *my* leather jacket had fringes, not studs, so they could do one.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Betjeman posted:

I would highly recommend not sending your kids to school in Sheppey. That place is "special" even for north Kent.

Yeah, the Oasis academy has a really bad rep

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Our work wants us to come in twice a week now :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I wish I hadn't hosed around in university and actually managed to complete my course.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Gorn Myson posted:

Brighton was an amazing place to spend my early twenties.

Brighton loving rocked even for a square like me. It's one of the few places I think of as 'home'

One of the oddest changes since my uni days is that Dave's bookshop has become a really slick enterprise rather than the seediest of second hand bookshops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mourning Due posted:

The fact that ANYONE would want to go to switch to a health model like this for humans, is mind-boggling.

The other option is neither and get a credit card that's kept empty for the cat. Quite a lot of horse owners go for that option rather than insurance.