Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

See you in Resyk, perp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Red Ed Milliband, Barry Gardiner, Sadiq Khan somehow

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Maybe if they tried, oh I don't know, doing the things that would get you elected like not running the country into the loving ground - they might stand a chance at being re-elected without Keir's help!

But they like running the country into the ground

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Mohammed Al Fayed now joining the greats in heaven

No need for him to stop doing his job though, I hear the Express have a reliable medium in their Rolodex

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

with labour, your options are keir

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

thanks for your contribution

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

we should build a big mirror over the whole of britane so we never have to endure a sunny day again. overcast forever, the way we like it hate it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Hell of a lot of subtext going over a lot of heads there.

Why Silent Hill 3?

because it's one of the canonically good ones, it's about the cool cult story that every other silent hill game is about instead of being something interesting weird and different like SH2, and it doesn't have PS1 graphics

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stories aren't about things, to conservatives. The literal things you see on the screen are all that's happening. Silent Hill is a game about being spooked by funny-looking monsters and killing them

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Angepain posted:

"the kind of public services and living that they have come to think they expect and deserve"

literally Better Things Aren't Possible, inspiring

Even more liberal, it's literally Current Things Aren't Possible

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We have largely moved past the need for dogs imo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh THAT'S why they're called pit bulls

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Our cat is an outdoor cat, and we live in a relatively quiet area full of very happy outdoor cats. The one and only time ours went exploring up the road, she managed to get stuck in someone's front hedge and we had to go and find her. That experience put her off it a bit, and now she only hangs out in our garden, except when she visits the lovely elderly couple next door who have two cats of their own. She's 16 now and we expect her to live to 20 she's in such good health.

I'm always delighted to see a cat when I'm out on my walk, cause so many of them are friendly and appreciate a good pet, and the ones that aren't will just politely remove themselves from the situation. Dogs are a different story.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kin posted:

Your cat has likely poo poo in someone else's garden and i would wholly support that garden owner finding you and punching you in the neck.

Do I have to punch all the dog owners who leave piles of dogshit all over the pavements in the neck? Cause I don't really want to, that sounds stupid and violent. Besides, it's far more likely that the cats belonging to the one other family she visits have poo poo in our garden, and I cannot bring myself to care.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/josephattard02/status/1701291367647822006

This is the cover for the October party conference. I've officially run out of words

Looks like a Bond villain straining to take a poo poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm so sorry.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Haha sorry I wasn't being pedantic I thought there was some connection you were making.

Hopefully Global Warming brings back the Ancient Egyptian style of men going topless in a short skirt while wearing mascara/kohl/eye makeup. Fashion is cyclical after all.

The women were also doing that IIRC

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kecske posted:

spent a bit of time on this at work, and the structural engineers said the big problems occurred with water ingress - rusting the steels and causing it to blow and separate from the concrete, and making it much weaker. Longer spans of raac start to sag and buckle.

e- This is why domestic areas won't be as badly affected as you don't get the the kind of 15 foot plus spans between supports that you see in places like libraries and hospitals.

Here's a builder giving a fuller explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4wOH5g_yzQ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

happyhippy posted:

The surviving Chuckle brother.

By all accounts I've seen he's a lovely chap

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know what's behind it, but all year now, my part of Birmingham has had people driving around at all hours of the day in loud, horrible-sounding cars that look like poo poo and backfire constantly. They do it at all hours of the day and night, any weather, it's like living near a nest of hornets armed with AK-47s. We've always had the occasional gang of assholes on quad bikes driving past, but this is new, and it's awful. I've noticed an uptick of flashy sports cars driven by assholes who lean on the horn any time they have to slow down a little bit and drive like cunts everywhere I go in the city, too. What the gently caress is going on? Is there anything I can do about it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I feel like the point of Lolita is that he ruined her life. Like she ran from him to another paedophile and then got pregnant and died. That's bad.

That's the point of the plot. The point of the book as a whole is that Humbert is charming and eloquent enough to make you nod along with the monstrous things he's doing, but that doesn't make him any less of a monster.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hasn't she been busy with some Doctor Who audio drama work recently

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the phrase "wallet inspectre of communism" just popped into my head and I don't know what to do with it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You know she didn't invent the term, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What, a Mr Potato Head?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What, like Keith's brexit policy?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hey don't lump the rest of us in with 99

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no that's when you pronounce it ep-shtein, the german way, like hitler would

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Quite seriously, apart from everything in their platform they plan to ignore, what does Starmer Labour stand for? Like, do they have any expressed principles at all?

1) Getting donations from the wealthiest people possible
2) Getting orders from the wealthiest people possible

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rugz posted:

The right to vote for women was a right owned by the state, which it chose to withhold. The empowerment of women was the transfer of that right, the right was taken away from the state.

Mental gymnastics on the tier of those Spetsnaz demonstration videos

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No it isn't.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I think most plants have all the sex parts.

E: man I did plant reproduction every loving year in science and I can barely remember it.

I've heard of treehugging but this is ridiculous!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

domhal posted:

This guy was Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change in the coalition. Amazed he has the brass neck to lead a party. Mary be the most loathsome party leader.

He's the best one of the three on trans rights though, there's something.

Unless he's walked back on it like everything the piss diamonds do

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you feel uncomfortable going into a part of the city because all the faces you'll see there are brown, that's not on anyone but you you racist oval office. I'm as white as they come, never had trouble in Ladywood at any time of day.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rugz posted:

Do the people protesting the Tory Party Conference think adding signs about 'No weapons, no war' makes them seem grounded in reality?

When did you start caring about things grounded in reality you empty headed waste of space

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rugz posted:

I'll make sure to widen my stance just for you to take up even more space.

you're already on "coppers should have the right to execute folks in the street", that's a wide enough stance for you mate

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DreddyMatt posted:

I get what you mean, but is "Ed Milliband can't even eat a bacon sandwich without looking weird" anti-Semitic?

Like, I know he has Jewish parents, but the fact that he's eating bacon butties at all suggest that he's not practicing/keeping kosher. Like, it feels more like 'man looks weird while eating' in general

I don't remember what the headlines to the news stories were, so maybe there was a lot of hay being made out of the sandwich filling of choice.

Or maybe I've got it all wrong, and he's actually very devout, but had some dip poo poo adviser whispering in his ear that he needs a bacon sarnie to get himself over with the common man, and he had to choke it down holding back tears, in the hope that I'd get him elected. But that doesn't seem as likely
Racists very rarely pick their targets based on whether they're practicing their religion or not.

Anyway give me the grey star, I'll use it exclusively to chain probe Rugz and Crystal until you take it or them away. That is a promise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

also seen as I'm shitposting on drugs

rather than have more IK's just have a few regular posters who can take a brief poll of whether someone should gently caress off or not, and if it's a gently caress off and they don't follow, be able to probate

like having the keys to the shotgun cabinet

That's what an IK is

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Honestly a "Think 47" policy is something good that should be in operation everywhere.

"Think. Could this bald person I'm talking to in actuality be a genetically enhanced killer in disguise who is about to setup a complicated Rube Goldsberg type scenario to kill someone in this building."

Easy enough to test for. Ask them what the nearest piece of food is like. If they say it's "to die for", get outta there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

The changing face of Calvin:

Calvin 2008:

Calvin 2012:

Calvin 2013:

Calvin 2014:

Calvin 2015

Calvin 2019: (budding theologist - first mention of christianity)

Calvin 2021:

And that's when he landed his GBNews job

You think wrong. Other than the short video snippets I post here, I don't watch any GBNews. I certainly don't watch it live, if that's what you think... lol

THAT fucker founded godisageek.com? the more you learn