Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
We do all our printing at the local library, and it sounds like we do about as much printing as everyone else here, ie barely any.

Definitely the cheapest option, and you also get the rosy glow of making use of a hallowed community asset which most of us care passionately about but never actually visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Is flooding a regular weather pattern for central Spain?

It does fall mainly on the plain tbf

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
It'll obviously never, ever happen but it doesn't seem too insane to me to implement a dog owning license which can be regularly reviewed or revoked depending on the behaviour of the dog and the owner. Yes, lots of dogs and dog owners are good and nice, but many of them are irresponsible pricks, and it's insane to me that there are no controls on who gets to own their own personal loud, aggressive making GBS threads machine.

The dog control debate is fairly analogous to gun control debate (albeit with much lower stakes); people are incredibly passionate about their right to own one, believe totally in their own personal abilities to do so, and can point to the irresponsibility of others as to why there's any debate at all. But similarly, on the other side, so long as there's widespread access to ownership, you will ALWAYS have to suffer the consequences of letting any old dickhead have one.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Ah gently caress, that's so so sad. An amazing guy, who made amazing fudge. I wish all the best to his friends and family for handling this loss.

loving hell.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I guess one thing that the recent deaths of twisto and camrath have highlighted to me is how much I enjoy, and take for granted, the company, wit and wisdom of the people on this thread.

I'm more of a lurker really and rarely if ever contribute anything of any substance at all, but I've (parasocially) known some people round here for over a decade now, and although all I know about anyone is just their username and the words they post, this community is genuinely a significant part of my life - even though I kind of cringe to admit it.

Anyway, that's a very long, inarticulate round about way of saying... I love all you goons, even the poo poo ones, and I would very much appreciate it if you stay alive as long as possible, and most importantly :justpost:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Regardless of his status as an abuser, I just can't imagine ever paying any money or expending even the smallest amount of effort to go and see someone as obnoxious as Russell Brand.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jakabite posted:

Is there a thread for that specific sort of schad? Influencer types and people who think anyone gives a single gently caress about them dopily looking around a train station getting hosed over?

But you don't understand. It's content!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Who needs GBNews when you've got Madeley.

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1704375936496316682

Firing Piers Morgan and instead getting Madeley to do his best Piers impression to an actual head of state.

Is he actively trying to be Alan Partridge now? It's just uncanny how every enunciation, mannerism and gesture is pure Coogan.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jedit posted:

I could go into detail, but to boil it down: the royals are what they are. They're born to it, raised to it. You think they're cunts, that's fine. But around them there is a second layer of "nobility" who jockey for position and aspire to take that step up whenever there's an available heir, selling off their daughters for a little prestige. That second layer are far worse than the royals themselves because they want to be cunts and they actively try to become cunts.

I mean, the post you quoted literally asked you to go into detail.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

Thank you both! Don't mean to interupt, just wanted to ask!

Also, what is a "business analyst" because when I am looking at job roles the term keeps coming up but it seems to just include secretarial things?

Oh hey, I'm a business analyst. In theory it means that you are someone who captures business requirements in order to relay them to IT development teams so they can create and test code.

In practice, these days, it kinda just means someone who can sit in a vaguely IT related role and get stuff done.

I wouldn't really categorise it as secretarial, other than you have to do things like book meetings and coordinate people's diaries from time to time.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jakabite posted:

The drug market in the UK is particularly good at the moment because of Brexit - with so much chaos at the border it’s easier and therefore cheaper to get more through for importers. I used to sit firm on my commitment to only taking 80+ a gram gear but these days 50 is actually fine. Likewise ket has got good again. It’s a great time to be a drug user in the UK!!!

I ask this as an occasional cocaine user : how do you square your cocaine use with the amount of human bloodshed and misery involved in getting it to you in the first place? Because I basically can't, and try to avoid coming into contact with it on that basis.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Man this thread has been insufferable for the last few days. I think most of the new posters are probably alright, if not quite left enough, but people should really just stop responding to crystal. I don't even understand why it is they're here, given that they hate this site and everyone on it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Nephthys posted:

I recall everyone being pretty optimistic about how positive the public was about all of Corbyn's policies, except Brexit. Boris was actually getting a ton of poo poo before the election and when he was hiding in a fridge to avoid having to speak to journalists it really did look like he had no chance.

Unfortunately, his strategy of hiding was actually successful since all anyone voted for was "getting Brexit done" and nothing else about him was open to scrutiny.

There was definitely a lot of hope. That election night ended up being one of the worst of my life; not just defeat, but utter annihilation. John McDonnell having to keep it together on live TV as the exit poll came in... Man. I've never had my dreams just crushed like that before.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I boil up a big pan of porridge for my family, then add in frozen blueberries at the end to cool it down. Sounds a bit utilitarian compared to the lavish bougie breakfasts of some other goons.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

I mean i dont really now what they hoped to achieve given israel have effectively declared war in response. Its not like Nato are going to swoop in to stop Israel driving their tanks over the palestinian civilians.

I've gotta say my heart sank when I saw the news, because you know its going to just lead to the annihilation of tens of thousands of Palestinian civilians, and any victories Hamas achieve at all will be entirely pyrrhic.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Holy hell, whoever insures that car park must be feeling pretty loving stressed right now.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Guardian loves to huff and puff about how fearlessly independent it is, but when the chips are down it always slavishly follows the Establishment line. I honestly despise the Guardian more than I do outfits like the Telegraph, which at least never pretends to be anything more than a populist hard right publication.

Yeah, it's the ultimate example of why liberalism is the enemy.

Unfortunately though, it's still the best broadsheet news outlet in the UK, and everyone who isn't a terminally online leftist looks at you with complete bafflement when you say it's an establishment rag.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Beefeater1980 posted:

Didn’t seem like he said that?

He didn't. He's just one of the many melty pundits who are struggling to square their conscience with the prevailing narrative that Israel are defaqto blameless in committing any war crimes they like.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
There's a generic sound of a rusty gate opening and closing from Resident Evil 2 that still gets used on TV sometimes and whenever I hear it I go wild

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I drove past a (minor) car accident on the m25 yesterday which involved a brand new tesla, and my first thought was of njan99.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What, why? How? Is it like a triangle situation?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

JoylessJester posted:

And this was enough for a coop to start forming and the secret services to bug his office.

Lol read that as 'Co op' rather than 'coup', and thought, 'oh, that's nice.'

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Literally just deleted my Facebook app for the umpteenth time because I was getting so annoyed at all the poppy Christmas bullshit around my village, and the accompanying fash messaging circling around it. Then getting drawn into arguments with local racists which will go round in circles forever and I'll never win...

I know I'll eventually reinstall it out of boredom / wanting to look someone up / needing to buy or sell something on market place. God drat it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Despite how awful she is, and how dreadful the people whose interests she represents, there's still a part of me that finds Liz Truss a tiny bit adorable. I guess I just can't fully resent someone who is genuinely that stupid, and who seems so unabashedly delighted to be at all these grown up political events.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's just repetitive gobbledy gook. I mean "the scrum master is the master of scrum" WTF? People get paid a lot for this I guess. Maybe I should change jobs.

I honestly think it must be a hard job, because you have to be able to just churn out bullshit for 7 hours a day, with a straight face, to loads of other people who know all you're doing is churning out bullshit.

Oh, and doing lots of reporting on dashboards and team velocity, which is similarly dreadful.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I'm deeply sad for those four lads.

Yeah, the amount of daft dangerous poo poo I did as a teen is mind boggling in retrospect. Most of us get away with it and learn our lessons, I guess. These poor sods didn't get a second chance. Just loving horrible.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Not that it makes it right, but the BBC would probably point to some editorial guideline somewhere where a 'legitimate' government can take prisoners, whereas an 'terrorist group' can only ever take hostages. Or something.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I did a years teacher training, got recruited for an NQT role at a decent school, then promptly quit because I knew I was NOT good enough to be entrusted with the future of 300+ kids. It's a rewarding job in so many ways, kids are awesome, but loving hell the toll it takes on your life is just insane. Like, there is no way to do that job properly without it consuming all your evenings and weekends, and even your loving dreams are just full of stress as well.

Probably doesn't help that I went straight into it from being a permanently stoned under grad with 6 contact hours per week.

I still feel guilty about quitting now... But then I look at my bank balance, social life and amount of free time I have, and remember that I am so, so much better off than I would be otherwise...then feel even more guilty aaargh

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Regardless of whether he was actually doing it properly, it is terrible optics, and that's all that counts

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Microplastics posted:

He's nothing compared to the guy who discovered cow milk in the first place. I often think of him, the ancient curious cow wanker

Ummmmm I don't think we're drinking that sort of milk

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

frytechnician posted:

This really bothered me too. I am so sick of the press using plausible deniability language all the loving time to spin this.

Again, they almost definitely have to do this as part of a style guide relating to, in the eyes of the UK government, legitimate nation states versus terrorist groups. It doesn't make it right.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
As a man entirely without a conscience (him, not me!) , I'd suggest Camerons tentatively more pro-Palestine stance may be a byproduct of his being in the pocket of the Chinese more than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

rip

All I remember about him is his eyebrows