Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
thread is too early again

twenty two days and a bunch of hours and some minutes early to be inexact

this insult to the gods will bring a pox 'pon this thread, mark my word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

happyhippy posted:

I would say 99.999999% of uniforms only have one item thats branded.
The blazer/jumper.
So a pretty useless policy.

standard uniform is gonna be branded blazer/jumper and a school tie, rest of it generally can come from cheap places (unless your kids are autistic and have severe sensory issues which lead you to becoming an expert in shirt fit, trouser seams and arguing trainers are shoes but I digress)

where the uniform providers sting the absolute gently caress out of parents is the loving branded PE kit- shorts, t shirt, jogging bottoms, fleece top and socks, all cheaply logo'd shite tier sporting goods sold for thrice what something non poo poo would cost, and you just loving know some corruption/nepotism got the provider the contract

If uniforms must be kept then let schools issue a tie free of charge and the rest of the requirements should be sourced at parents discretion, not "well we will make it so the uniform providers can't be quite as greedy, maybe"

happyhippy posted:

But meh, Kier will u-turn it in a fortnight.

but aye, this anyway

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

domhal posted:

A bit of a Daily Mail question, but what good options are there for small civic buildings (e.g. primary schools, libraries)? Brick and mortar, slate roof, and plaster ceilings? Bish bosh simple, lasts forever.

construction type is not really the problem, more the way it's going to be put up by people buying the cheapest possible materials and employing the lowest skilled labour with a strong profit motive to not meet and then easily dodge the incredibly poo poo building regulations and then these buildings are maintained by people who profit the most from performing as little actual work as they can

it's a whole complex ecosystem of grift

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

tier list (roast dins but may apply elsewhere)

god-

yorkie puds
gravy

still alright-

everything else

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

starter to a roast dinner is a slightly smaller roast dinner inside a plate sized yorkie pud, allowing for a swimming pools worth of gravy to be applied

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

smellmycheese posted:

Doing a ballsy prison break and only making it from Wandsworth to Chiswick is laughably poor imho

he got further but had left his cigs behind and was going back for them

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

never forgetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSyrFuAydD4

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

forkboy84 posted:

Should just ban dogs tbh you wouldn't own a wolf

council won't let me

not even an ocelot or a lynx

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

gor' blimey whole threads gone to the dogs it has

sort it aaahhhht

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

anyone got any political opinions

the [redacted] should be [redacted] by means of swift [redacted] and that might help a bit, least once everything gets hosed down a bit

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

OwlFancier posted:

Is this like algebra and all the redacteds have to be the same word?

you can make it work either way if it's swift enough if I remember my physics right

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

ah no i was saying "go, homo vans"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I'm sure that the media discourse about how it was an open secret for so long and how so many people were complicit by varying degree in horrific crimes will be open and honest, exposing what went wrong- because it's not like there's a coach load of other establishment nonces hiding behind super injunctions and the old boys network, right?

Much like I'm sure the government investigation into this will be prompt and efficient in order to root out the problems in the system, certainly not deliberately and consistently delaying things for years then restarting the whole process till everyone forgets it was even a thing in the first place

oh wait I'm still in britain, gently caress

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 17, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Mega Comrade posted:

I regret to inform you that this poo poo happens in every country.

oh absolutely no question of that

It's just other than the vatican and hollywood, I can't think of a larger noncestrocity in existence

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1703434171715137821

I thought "why won't the city stop for my convenience" was the height of entitlement, but some of her responses...

reading stories like this is really important to balancing out my mental health-

it temporarily makes me give far less of a gently caress that everything is doomed because everything being doomed includes this bullshit being doomed

a thousandfold blessings upon everyone who hosed up her shot that day

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Ash Crimson posted:

You ok there

keeping a white fiat uno from that era running would put stress on anyone tbh

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

caught two seconds of that and my arsehole tried to take a bite out the floor

need some kind of warning system for that level of cringe imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jakabite posted:

Just had to get a locksmith out because i lost my key on a night out and the landlord’s emergency number just goes to a plumbing company. I changed the lock too, came to about £150 all in all. The LL is uncontactable due to the Jewish High Holidays until Tuesday and I’m going away for a week on Monday so didn’t have much choice but to replace the lock - what are my chances of them agreeing to reimburse?

they will probably tell you to do one if it was your fault or not

you got contents insurance?

mine has a separate little policy attached for poo poo like this

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You could probably have smashed and replaced a window for less.

my da did this on his car once, broke a tiny little window pane on a rear door thinking it was gonna be cheaper than the main panes or a locksmith

turns out it was the most expensive bit of glass to source on the whole car because it was rarely broken

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Julio Cruz posted:

the last time I tried to claim on my contents insurance there was a £200 excess and it would have meant losing my no-claims so it would have cost me more money to claim than not to

I think with mine it's technically a separate policy

Like with the fridge/freezer contents things

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

cops killed someone they shouldn't have, once again, under even murkier circumstances than duggan or de menezes, to the point the scuffers couldn't cover it up or control the narrative and a cop might even face very limited consequences for their actions of straight up shooting someone to death

this runs at slight odds with all the other people they shot under incredibly murky circumstances and blatantly got away with it by doing things like having the "independent" police complaints commission run a vicious and racially coded hit piece before the victim was even on the morgue slab

as a result a few other cops made noises about not being a pork banger anymore and they should be allowed to kill easier because it made them sad otherwise and the press rolled with it because no-one was arming bully xl dogs with zombie knives coated in mephedrone that day and suella deville wanted to play at politics

is that about the long and the short of it?

or just pie in the sky thinking?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Cops kill someone, family makes a fuss and starts protests. In response, the Met invites them into watch the bodycam footage, after which they step back from their campaign. Later, the CPS charge the officer with murder. So the video contains one of two things .

A. Evidence that Chris Kaba was being aggressive enough towards the police (driving straight at an armed police officer etc) that even his family watched it and couldn't defend his actions, and agreed the officer acted in self-defence.

B. Evidence that Chris Kaba was murdered by the police, and the video showing this came with assurances from senior officers of "We're gonna charge him for murder but legal stuff takes time, please stop your protests and making this a bigger issue than it has to be"

If it's A, then the officer shouldn't have been charged by the CPS, because dragging a man to court with clear evidence of his defence available is wasting his time, the courts time, and the juries time, pushing other crimes further in the backlog.

If it's B, then the officer obviously should be charged for murder.

We won't know which it is until the trial starts, which isn't till next year, so it can be another simmering culture war issue until then.

you kinda exclude other options, like option C where the cops lay a bunch of pressure on the family to shut up lest they want to become the next lawrence family

or maybe someone would axe them a question in a pub car park one night

good job the police and cps have such an excellent record with being truthful, honest officers of the peace, eh?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But we dont trust the met?

they loving hate competition

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Quite seriously, apart from everything in their platform they plan to ignore, what does Starmer Labour stand for? Like, do they have any expressed principles at all?

Look you simply have to grow up and stop this blue sky leftie thinking about "policies" or "principles" and be one of the sensible adults in the room who is pragmatic and stops playing student politics so we can get the tories out- get up, go home, I'm opposed to what you are posting

*Edit*

alright that's a lovely snipe so.... 1991 I was about six and there was the first gulf war on, nevermind came out (my sister had the poster), soviet union collapsed ending the first cold war (no poster) and cern became the first website (no posting)

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 27, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

keep punching joe posted:

The perpetrator was a wee bam

\/\/ Rickman undestood trash and exactly what was required to elevate it

when I saw pictures of it felled I saw no marks where the cut had been obviously wedged or cut to fall a particular way or owt

fucker probably near murked themselves a dozen times doing it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is the matter with all these 'entitled' famous blokes? Just read in the Heil something about David Walliams. Admittedly, his comments on Britain's Got no Talent were not supposed to be public but they got leaked:

It's what happens when this:

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunately that's just what a lot of people are like.

Meets a corporate machine with clear capital motives to protect them, then they live in that bubble for years being enabled to abuse without any real consequences

walliams is known for worse, as are others

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

keep punching joe posted:

Bring back the days when eccies were £2 a pill and you could get a half ounce of hash for £25.

aye but that nine bar hash would sometimes have some carrier bags and other random poo poo mixed in

used to do water extraction of it back in the day and the first few washes would often look absolutely horrid

I don't think drugs are better than they used to be- but availability and choice is leaps and bounds beyond what it was

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Mega Comrade posted:

Just for a day, turn on the telly and watch some broadcast news. Ignore everything you know about any party then tell me what the parties offer and which ones are good or bad by only what you've seen on telly that day.

This is how most people get their information.

Most people over 35-40 or so, aye

Under that, mainstream/establishment/whatever news has very little sway- increasingly for the younger brackets in that- mainly just second or third hand stuff from parents or other accidental exposures

every time I suffer a bit myself it comes over as more and more transparently propagandised bullshit that makes the "only britain soldiers on" broadcasts in children of men/v for vendetta look tame

I think it's a factor in the kids/yoof being alright generally tbh, that and the lack of leaded petrol fumes during key developmental years

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I mean personally I don't share my political proposals any more based on legal advice but I feel there are some excellent and rather permanent solutions available for forward thinking folks with a enthusiastic nature

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

there is no middle class

hth

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

History Comes Inside! posted:

I know plenty of people with degrees who are stuck in unskilled ‘working class’ jobs because they got a degree in something that turned out to be absolutely useless for getting any kind of fancy job, fwiw

no such thing as unskilled labour

hth

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol. I can show you the results of some

sounds more like poor supervision imo

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's the bits I've done

my point stands like a boutique employee rest area

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

DreddyMatt posted:

I was coming home from London on the national express and we stopped at Birmingham bus station for 10 minutes.
In that time I saw a fight break out by the chip van outside.
Definitely a no go area

did one of them say "ahhh want mahh fookin chips" and end up in an increasingly less credible storyline that ends with them riding a tank shell home after fighting the army and forcing the closure of the M62?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

the thread is easily "trolled" but it's also very likely to tell someone to gently caress off and why without consideration as to whether the bait is ironic or not

that's a good thing, because irony doesn't exist on the internet, and there's not a single "ironic" edgy little racist fucker that's not just an edgy little racist fucker at heart

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Seconding Fulton

The one my missus has (hurricane or tornado or something model) is velcro but has lasted years and years so far and still looks brand new (she used to kill a cheap one every year), my buddy who recommended the same one has had one for 7 or 8 years now, they are built to last and the velcro has never been an issue

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Just Another Lurker posted:

They went downhill after Sega bought them, Medieval II: Total War was their last good game.... back in 2006 ffs. :corsair:

shogun 2 was fine

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Koos Group posted:

It is true that standard D&D rules do not apply and thread moderation is according to the judgement of the IK(s). I would certainly be willing to have an additional EngPol hangout thread on another part of the forums while making the one in D&D more rigorous if there were interest in this.

nah gently caress that

this thread is the last remaining part of LF, when LF was cruelly taken away the ukmt regulars promptly invaded and conquered the uk dnd thread so that the proud shitposting traditions of our forebears could be preserved for future generations

line up three IK's and keep the one who probates the most people after a week, it will be fuckin' hilarious

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 3, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

By the time my eldest was in year 10 tacit use of smartphones in the classroom to look things up etc was encouraged because it allowed use of IT equipment that might actually work reliably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

also seen as I'm shitposting on drugs

rather than have more IK's just have a few regular posters who can take a brief poll of whether someone should gently caress off or not, and if it's a gently caress off and they don't follow, be able to probate

like having the keys to the shotgun cabinet