Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Evil Kit posted:

I'm gonna put one cavet on my reccs:
The other two are genuinely fun even on middle difficulties, with Darktide pushing you to play the hardest difficulties later on to earn more crafting mats per run, and also because it's a fun challenge when you have a build together.

Darktide becomes 200% more fun when you realize that the game expects you to abuse the hell out of dodging, sliding, and weapon swapping/canceling to survive later difficulties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat that new dan doc was loving good

another good one some people might've missed recently if you're not subbed to him is historia civilis doing a nice historical overview of work throughout history and how accurate timekeeping fundamentally altered it under capitalism

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

MechaSeinfeld posted:

End of month cat post!

Tell you hwhat I basically haven’t played a game this month because of my poor baby Shrimp aka Tom Chutney aka Shrimpo Bean. His cat wiener was too small to pee properly. My cat got small dick and had to be catheterised four times in a week. So it’s been removed and Shrimp has like, lady parts now and requires near constant supervision to make sure the stitches don’t get bothered. Probably the most stressful and expensive month of all time.

Amyway, shrimp loves their new genitals and giant fluffy collar that makes them look like Meganium or the lizard that kills Newman in Jurassic Park:

His brother and sister don’t give a heck about Shrimp or his predicament

Mostly shrimp is excited to piss normally and keeps telling me I gotta see what that Pinocchio game is about

I liked this post a lot. I'm glad I got to see these cats.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Evil Kit posted:

I'm gonna put one cavet on my reccs:

GTFO is not actually a game I recommend. It's just literally the only game I would consider to be designed for "tryhard gamers" by any metric. Early levels it's not so bad but later levels are literal marathons that require your team to execute near-perfect to perfectly, and you may go an entire multi-hour play session on a single level and not actually complete it.

The other two are genuinely fun even on middle difficulties, with Darktide pushing you to play the hardest difficulties later on to earn more crafting mats per run, and also because it's a fun challenge when you have a build together.

Do you have non co-op recs? Not that anything is wrong with co-ops but competitive might be an easier sell for some of my gaming buddies. As far as genres go shooters and real time/grand strategy games definitely are good, but I purposefully left it open because I am really grasping for straws/looking for ideas.

We have played and liked:
EU4 (I hated it but tagged along)
Warzone 2.0
Age of Nations

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pvt. Parts posted:

Meaning, willing and able to pour significant numbers of hours into a game if they enjoy it. Also, generally enjoying games which reward such investments. Most of the people I'm looking to play with have 1000+ hours in EU4. Real map dweebs.

You honestly might want to look into the Monster Hunter franchise. It's all about rewarding skill and grind, and doing it with friends.

e: oh of course I miss your latest post :doh:

sorry I suck at video games so I don't go into PVP

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeyeyeyeyeyeye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgeO0N36uZw&hd=1

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Infinitum posted:

(Also Cyberpunk on max settings with all the bells and whistles)

I remember when Cyberpunk first came out, I was planning on buying it along with a 3080 so I could play it on launch day with maxed settings.

I'm, uh, kinda glad I held out on both those fronts. For a vast multitude of reasons. :shepface:

(gently caress me, that was right when COVID hit too. So much has happened these last 3 years - here's hoping 3030 turns out better than 2020 did!)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dino gang dino gang dino gang

please say hello to Stormy, Peachy, Seafoam, Snowflake, Sunshine, Seth, Steve, Angel, Sneaky, Susie, Moonshine, and Lucky

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

please say hello to Stormy, Peachy, Seafoam, Snowflake, Sunshine, Seth, Steve, Angel, Sneaky, Susie, Moonshine, and Lucky

I also want to live this life

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

How do get do not so like this?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

How do get do not so like this?

play paleo pines

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I just got to the Grand Exhibition Hall in Lies of P, about what % am I through the game?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

End of month cat post!

Tell you hwhat I basically haven’t played a game this month because of my poor baby Shrimp aka Tom Chutney aka Shrimpo Bean. His cat wiener was too small to pee properly. My cat got small dick and had to be catheterised four times in a week. So it’s been removed and Shrimp has like, lady parts now and requires near constant supervision to make sure the stitches don’t get bothered. Probably the most stressful and expensive month of all time.

Amyway, shrimp loves their new genitals and giant fluffy collar that makes them look like Meganium or the lizard that kills Newman in Jurassic Park:

Mostly shrimp is excited to piss normally and keeps telling me I gotta see what that Pinocchio game is about

Good cats friend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

If I just got to the Grand Exhibition Hall in Lies of P, about what % am I through the game?

65% or so

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pvt. Parts posted:

Do you have non co-op recs? Not that anything is wrong with co-ops but competitive might be an easier sell for some of my gaming buddies. As far as genres go shooters and real time/grand strategy games definitely are good, but I purposefully left it open because I am really grasping for straws/looking for ideas.

We have played and liked:
EU4 (I hated it but tagged along)
Warzone 2.0
Age of Nations

To be completely honest? I don't have any PvP recommendations. I limit myself to one PvP game at a time because they're huge time sinks to maintain skill parity of any kind, and frankly the PvP shooters are either like it or don't. I personally play Apex Legends because it feels good to play and the legends have fun characters, not sure I'd ever play another BR.

I also avoid 4X, map painter or RTS style games because they aren't something I enjoy, so unfortunately got nothing for you there. Hot take, they're all the same anyway so just pick some other ones to try. :v:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s october

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

happy octember

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

It’s october

No it’s not

Wait poo poo it is wtf why did I think it started on tuesday?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

It’s october

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhdHP8h6_M

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

MechaSeinfeld posted:

End of month cat post!

thinking about baby Shrimp wishing the best :3:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

No it’s not

Wait poo poo it is wtf why did I think it started on tuesday?

September has 30 days, not 31. I make the same mistake all the time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
just the season for a zombie thread

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What's in your thread? In your thread? Zombie!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxquGvJN3bQ

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

reminder to change your passwords and activate 2FA if you haven't, this week has been someone trying to use my debit card, someone trying to break into patreon, my amazon, and my paypal account

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
September is the forever month

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not the worst month to be unstuck in

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal